Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

***Breakroom/Water Cooler-Christmas Week Thread***

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2007, 10:57 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
***Breakroom/Water Cooler-Christmas Week Thread***

I got to start the thread this week!!!

Ev'ryone get to work early, it's a short week!

chaikwa.
Old 12-22-2007, 11:02 PM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
its only 11 in michigan...
Old 12-22-2007, 11:05 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Fronty Owner
its only 11 in michigan...
Um, noooooo. It's precisely 0006 hrs right now. EASTERN time!

(You're just sore 'cuz I beat ya to it!)

chaikwa.
Old 12-22-2007, 11:23 PM

I just check qlock, you Lansing is an hour ahead of me... I thought MIchigan was farther west than that.

Oh well, congrats on getting to start a thread. I will make up for it next time Im in Brunei.
Old 12-23-2007, 03:03 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Merry Christmas to all breakroom participants.

Even homely Marines!

Old 12-23-2007, 04:30 AM

Location: In the middle of Weather Dry Creek Farm in Avilla, Arkansas
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Morning Y'all. 30 degrees and 30 knot (34.5 mph) winds. Logs on the fire and the coffee's on. Breakfast to order (if I can get the wife up to fix it).
Yucky day yesterday. Did get the other driveway drain in. I can't believe how expensive drain pipe is. $270 for 15 inch, 24 ft long. Put a big bow around it and made it a Christmas gift for the daughter and son in law. And speaking of gifts, I can honestly say that I have one of the best gifts a person could want. All of the kids and grandkids are now within a 5 minute walk from me and the wife. I can now watch the g-kids grow and at least partially get back some of what I missed with the kids growing up.
I can honestly say that I am looking forward to hanging the uniform up and retiring. The military of today is nothing like what we had 40 years ago. Many officers and NCO's are more concerned with their personal career than with mission accomplishment and the welfare of their subordinates. There's a store down off Wakikii called "It's all about me". That seems to reflect the general attitude.
This upcoming deployment really scares me. Rummys magic wand made ALL military personnel warriors in order to give more teeth and less tail. I agree that it is a good idea, HOWEVER, you can not do it over night. The Marines have that concept down pat and it works. We now have a 90 lb female, whose weight has bloomed to 160 lbs because of the body armor and other gear, sitting in the gun tub of a HMMWV behind a MK 19 40mm that most 160 lb men can't properly operate. We have Lt's that never went through OCS because they were direct commissioned. We gave them a quickie grunt course to at least impart some basic skills and ended up getting back some clown that thinks he/she could assault and take the Pentagon with a squad. Of course this individual has the backing of a platoon sgt, that has NEVER held a leadership position, whose 15 days of quickie infantry familiarization should provide his Lt with what should be at least 15 years of experience. This old gruntsquid is scared, not for himself, but for the kids he's has been trying to get prepared and up to speed.
Now that that's out of my system. Supposed to be nice and dry today. Planning on doing a bit of dirt shuffling. If it ain't too wet, I'll probably give the driveway a bit of a going over to fill some of the developing potholes. Got about 50 yds of mulch to spread. Got some more wood to split AND a bit of barley/wheat/hop based beverages to sample.
Coffee's on. Drop on in and get a cup. The back porch light is on.

wonderingwhymyeyesfailedopenat0230Shortround out
Old 12-23-2007, 06:30 AM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

Morning. Lots of wind and weather today. Downed power lines everywhere. Gonna grab a cup then go catch up on the nastygrams. They're finally starting to see some flaws in the "realignment" aka downsizing that we warned them about. I guess some LT's. got wake up calls last night. They keep putting bandaids on and the arm already fell off.
Old 12-23-2007, 08:08 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by chaikwa
I got to start the thread this week!!!
chaikwa.
Shame on you - - you cheated - - your post is clocked at 11:57pm - - shame all over you. Hey, go to bed - - time for all good chillens to be snoozing.

A little light foggy morning and then heading for 77 today. I noted the thread about what we use for heat (ignoring the post by that crazzee Stan) and realized we have used no heat yet this year. Probably will have to pull out one of those little cube heaters some morning to take off the chill - - horrors.

Grabbed the foo - - thanks Scott - - heading off to church - - have to sing purdy this morning. Have a great one,

BingBob
Old 12-23-2007, 08:25 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Geico266
Merry Christmas to all breakroom participants.
Good to see ya Lizard Boy! Miss gettin' insulted by ya and vica versa!

Originally Posted by shortround
Morning Y'all. 30 degrees and 30 knot (34.5 mph) winds.
'Bout the same here, 'cept the wind is a bit stronger. No sustained wind tho, just gusts in excess of 50 MPH according to my windspeed gauge. Kinda weird to have ev'rything all silent, then all of a sudden there's 50 MPH of wind!

Originally Posted by shortround
The military of today is nothing like what we had 40 years ago.
I hear ya, but I think everything is like that. There are people here that will dispute me, but the fire service is the same way. We have recruits that are getting the jobs because they have college degrees but are lacking any common sense, while other guys that stand half a chance of being able to think for themselves are passed over. I can honestly say that you will see firefighter deaths start to increase once again as soon as these probie's start making rank.

Originally Posted by Redleg
I guess some LT's. got wake up calls last night. They keep putting bandaids on and the arm already fell off.
See my above comments. Apparently the fire service isn't the only organization suffering from LCS> (Lack of Common Sense)
You workin' Christmas Don?

Bob, go sing real purdy like. I admire you... you know you can't LOOK the part, so you do the next best thing and try and SOUND it! (j/k!)

All the coffee's and tea's have been replenished. Sorry I got up late... I was all tired out from staying up late to start this thread!

chaikwa.
Old 12-23-2007, 08:57 AM
I was banned per my own request for speaking the name Pelosi

I'll be here. This rain and melted snow is suppose to freeze up tonight, then possibly 8+ inches. I'll be too busy doing the important work to check the band aids. Hopefully the weatherman lives up to his reputation tonight.
Old 12-23-2007, 10:11 AM
REALLY old dog

Talking

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE

TEA IS JUST RIGHT -MUST HAVE MADE IT IN ONE OF JAKEOR KILEYS OLD SOCKS-GOOD STUFF SCOTT !

WIND- YEA SOUNDS LIKE MOTHER-NATURE ATE ONE TO MANY BEAN BOREATOES !!
ROADS COULD TURN REAL MESSY- CAN ALREADY SEE SNOW BLOWING ACROST ROAD
THIS COULD GET UGLY
DON, BETTER PUT ON YOUR RED HAT AND DROP THE BS PROTECTORS - AT LEAST IT WILL FILTER OUT SOME OF WHAT YOU HAVE TO LISTEN TOO !
FIGURE THIS IS GOING TO BE TOUGH CUPPLE DAYS SO PUTTING ONN EXTRA POTS OF COFFEE-FOO-FOO-AND TEA-ORINGS +HOME MADE CINNIMINROALLS.
HAVE A SAFE ONE
CLAUDE-SITTING HERE ON MY SAC-O-SEEDS
Old 12-23-2007, 10:20 AM
DTR Mom

Wink Good one for you JANITOR! Nice to have you back!

NICE TO HEAR FROM my main man GEICO!!! sent Davey DSSICMEK a newspaper all about your airplane stuff. figured only you two would know what all those letters and numbers were when they talk of planes.
I jumped out of a C-130 for 50 extra bucks a month, walked on a C-5 and got lost, flew in the ball turret of a B-17 cause I fit, and landed on a lake in a PBY, then it wouldn't start again. I was done flying then. now we have a B-24 and i attach sheet metal. and like it.

I as a female, was lucky to get the duty I was assigned. but it was for my ability to complete the mission. HAD to think on your feet.

maybe a bit sexist but there is NO way the females in army positions (that I know) can handle that kind of weight and manuverability.
Bruce, it is no rant- just fact. a title with out experience will kill folks.
fire service too, if you give commands you had better know what the result will be from experience, not a dog gone book. I HATE fakers, earn the position. I feel very strongly about that.
run, Bruce, run!!!!!!40 years, my Gosh man! but you have land lubber legs!

CHAIKWA scotty- bro, I want every firefighter back alive. majority of deaths is heart attack. I wish (no offense) that fire service volunteers were retired at 60. stay at the hall. I want to know that I can hold the line weight of
the next firefighter. keep the pretty girls out of the interior. they just end up being the little sister others have to take care of like a 'nother gear bag.
but you knew that......guess I feel strongly about that , too!

REDLEG my friend! have to hook up sometime, just to salute! sorry you have to see the political end of a "I didn't know" bus....as they all pass the buck.
should be a new hunting season.....ah well. we can dream. what you cooking up for Christmas dinner? North people gave me a duck, I am gonna give it a warm place and some orange sauce....they loved your fly tie too, had to keep both hands on it. they do spoons well cause of all the little brooks up there. you'd appreciate them when they get you out of the sleeping bag at 5AM to get your own breakfast. tie it on, drop it in,... three ,... four BAM breakfast.

steady winds and gust as above, damp and melting snow. doing house maintenance projects just to stay inside. hubby wants to cut up new log pile, I say chainsaws in the rain , on ice? no thanks.

Heidi in NY looking to calm down and get foo foo
Old 12-23-2007, 11:26 AM

morning/afternoon..
Old 12-23-2007, 02:11 PM
Mrs. missin on a mission & keeper of the can

Gioodafternoon!!!!
I launched yummie yums and the should be landing right about........NOW.

Enjoy!!!!
Old 12-23-2007, 02:15 PM

HEY!!! try shipping the goodies instead of using a catapult....

Quick Reply: ***Breakroom/Water Cooler-Christmas Week Thread***