Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

***BREAKROOM 6/15 to 6/21***

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2014, 09:03 AM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
Burbble, bubble, cough,cough, spit......coming up for air. I'm getting a bit tired of all this rain. Can't get anything done, grass is waist high, garden is mostly underwater. Got the seed in raised beds during a 4 hour respite last Friday. Can't get close enough to check em out now, it's soup down to the plow pan.

Clint, you give the phrase "flying fingers" a new level of meaning.
BTDT. Suffered through the winter with cold finger nails (Stainless pins) after a fight with a radial arm saw. Be good and get healed.

Shorts, hope you ain't too hung over.

Bark, been there, done that. Just be sure the new freezers aren't wired to one of those new fangled GFI, or worse yet arc detecting breakers. A little shrew doo on a connector shouldn't cost a freezer full of meat. Wiring it past the meter with the grow lights might be overkill, but understandable. I had a freezer in the garage warm up when gone because one of the kids decided the way to turn off the night light in the bathroom was to push the little red button on the outlet. Yep, the garage was wired to the bathroom GFI. A wire nut behind the GFI fixed it.

Dug the old rice burner (Honda Accord) out of the grass and fixed the rusted out fuel line. I'll get an intermediate pipe to replace the row of rust left on the ground when I pulled it out. Other than scraping a years worth of bird doo off the windshield, it should be ready to go. Runs pretty good on gasoline that smells like ****.

All that to put the 93 D350 in the shop to get a bunch of work done. It isn't quite as bad as Sherod's, but it piddles green from time to time. Going to put in a Mishimoto high performance aluminum radiator in. While I'm at it, I'll tab the KDP, find and fix the transmission cooler leak, replace any soft hoses, put in a water pump and thermostat, and clean up the mess last year's venison did to the plastic front end trim. Then I'll throw in a new set of stock injectors, discarding the smoking crap (SACS) I paid big bucks for at CPP and molest the IP for max reasonably clean power.

Gotta get this baby tuned up. Mama wants to see the grand kids, and most of them live west of the rockies. We pull a home and the bass boat with us.

What's with the empty doughnut boxes?
Old 06-20-2014, 10:23 AM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by j_martin

What's with the empty doughnut boxes?
You can blame Scotty for that........He told me we were having a donut eating contest this morning and I ate 3 boxes before I realized he was pulling my Leggs!

Feeling kinda dizzy now and think I will go jog around the outhouse a couple million times
Old 06-20-2014, 11:17 AM
There is no G. There is no G. Repeat after me, THERE IS NO G!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Morning.
Workout & swim done. Showered and doing more of what I gotta do around here.

Looks like everyone is up and running to finish the week.

Have a good one yall.
Old 06-20-2014, 01:21 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Well, one thing fixed (I hope)... Just ran a quarter tank of fuel through the 08, EB on, worked the poo out of it. Seems to be running good now! Maybe I got lucky and caught it before it REALLY stuck.

Now, to tackle the 89...

JWBM, Doc said I can't jump anymore. Kinda wishing I could...
Old 06-20-2014, 02:13 PM
Muted one day, Banned the next....... Ah the life of a DTR 1%'er

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Open the door, runs over and kick a donut, throws hot coffee on sasquatch, steals a sheep and runs out..

#FF everyone..

Brought to you by a Cincy flybye
Old 06-20-2014, 05:05 PM
Admin Team Leader

Originally Posted by cincydiesel
Open the door, runs over and kick a donut, throws hot coffee on sasquatch, steals a sheep and runs out..

#FF everyone..

Brought to you by a Cincy flybye
Boy that is a hell of a thing to do to a perfectly good donut

Glad to see you are still alive and kickin!
Old 06-20-2014, 05:10 PM
Admin Team Leader

Originally Posted by Shorts

I had quotes selected but I think I'm laughing too much to do this internet forum thing right. I cooked bourbon chicken tonight, waiting on that guy who lives here to arrive so we can eat dinner and pretend to be civil. Anyway, I sampled the rum, and the whiskey and the vodka because there was a leftover can over ginger ale in the fridge. Don't worry, this is not a habit for the current situation. I'm doing my best to give myself the best opportunity though all this. Tonight I cut a little loose.
Ahhhhhh...drinking a little Milk of Amnesia I see?

PM me a mailing address and I will send you a sample of some Mountain Cure all/finger nail polish remover ......just don't light a match any where near it
Old 06-20-2014, 06:14 PM

Cincy!

Top, that'd be awesome.

JWBM, you still out cruisin'? I'd be too!
Old 06-20-2014, 06:54 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Still raining here. 3rd day. Water table is higher then the front steps. J/K
Up periscope!
Old 06-20-2014, 06:58 PM

Scotty, sorry about all the rain. It rains here every afternoon. The pool keeps getting close to overflowing. And I have to scout the pool before I jump in, keep getting snakes in there I get the shivery icky feeling when I discover I'm not in there alone
Old 06-20-2014, 07:48 PM
DTR's Volcano Monitor, Toilet Smuggler, Taser tester, Meteorite enumerator, Quill counter, Match hoarder, Panic Dance Choreographer, Bet losing shrew murderer

Howdy all, even the hit and run strange ones

Originally Posted by chaikwa
ME TOO! Um... what ARE they sayin'?
There's a Baboon on the right?

Originally Posted by Scotty
My agrarian is empty. All the fish died in it.

Originally Posted by Justwannabeme
what happened to vacuum packing ala 70s fad?
Neighbors said a few days after we left they had a very bad electric spike and brown outs caused by some equipment failure.
If that's when they turned off they were off for almost two months.
A lot of the stuff was vacuum packed but the smell actually permeated the plastic.
And a lot of them produced gas making them bulge even after they were re-frozen.
The ones that had exploded were the most interesting.
Luckily I had canned most of the salmon before we left but we lost all of the cold smoked salmon.
Oh well, live and learn. Going to make a good freezer alarm this time.

Just be sure the new freezers aren't wired to one of those new fangled GFI, or worse yet arc detecting breakers.
Good advice. My Son in Seattle learned that the hard way.

Wiring it past the meter with the grow lights might be overkill, but understandable.
We run the grow lights off a generator so the electric company doesn't get suspi--- uh I mean what grow lights?
`
Old 06-20-2014, 08:10 PM
'People of Wal-Mart' 2010 finalist

Originally Posted by Bark
We run the grow lights off a generator so the electric company doesn't get suspi--- uh I mean what grow lights?
`
I thought they just watched the houses thru FLIR to find the hotter ones. Mylar will only go so far.
Old 06-21-2014, 05:43 AM
Admin Team Leader

Good Morning DTR!

The Janitor is sleeping in this morning so I have the duty......Fresh Coffee is on and Mocha Almond in the carafe for Bob if he happens to drop by.

Bacon, Eggs, Hash browns, Grits, Oatmeal, fresh fruit are all laid out on the counter Enjoy!
Old 06-21-2014, 05:52 AM
DTR Mom

morning! wow actual cincy tv star here......heheh good to hear from ya eric!

Shorts!!! keep on keepin' on. good plan, fit, swim, shower, dress to kill. snicker snicker

long day, place had short instructors for tandem jumps. one at a time for tall father and son. arrived at 1PM left at 5:30PM....but priceless. good dinner and great views......300 mile day. hot bath at 8pm when home.

taking a break today, slowly working on Adirondack chairs , just for fun.

let's all be young hearted today.
Old 06-21-2014, 05:56 AM

Morning yall. Looks like an early morning around here. But not one of those hard early mornings, one of those nice easy early mornings. That's a good Saturday.

Top, great spread, thanks. I'm going to run through the line a few times

JWBM, kick up some saw dust

Quick Reply: ***BREAKROOM 6/15 to 6/21***