Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

*** The Thanksgiving Breakroom 23/11 - 29/11 ***

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2014, 07:26 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Happy Thanksgiving, gang. Wow, made it. God is good. Grabbing a ph00 and not touching any food - - save the space for later.

Great link, Stan - - had to lay down and rest a bit after watching that. Stood up and fell down. Put that on full screen on my 27" monitor. Going to see it later when company comes on the TV. Wonderful.

Going to run - - be good and enjoy each other............

Bob
Old 11-27-2014, 07:58 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Happy Thanksgiving gang smoking the turkey ,took a bunch of rolling papers and hard to keep lit, it don't taste as good as everyone makes it out to be.

Helping wife in kitchen I'm fixing the stuffed celery, dressing , cranberry relish, and beans she's handling the rest.

Gods been good to me this year you all have a gud one. Don't eat to much
Old 11-27-2014, 11:43 AM

Received 420 Likes on 321 Posts
Originally Posted by sherod
28 years since I fooled her into getting hitched.
Reminds me of the wedding scene in Sargent Bilko with Steve Martin.

Have a safe and happy T Day and don't over do it

Cold and clear for today, may get into the mid 20°s. Mrs C has started on the feast. Should have plenty for any of y'all that might drop by. Just wipe your feet before coming in first.
Old 11-27-2014, 11:52 AM

WOW Stan was that an habanero?
Old 11-27-2014, 12:09 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 153 Likes on 119 Posts
Originally Posted by cougar
WOW Stan was that an habanero?

Nah, I deliberately kept the really hot stuff away. Figured that most of you wimpy 'Merkuns and Canucks could not handle anything really hot.
Old 11-27-2014, 02:26 PM
Sausage Aficionado (In training)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Happy Thanksgiving all y'all.
Old 11-27-2014, 06:56 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by Mexstan
Nah, I deliberately kept the really hot stuff away. Figured that most of you wimpy 'Merkuns and Canucks could not handle anything really hot.
I've consumed ghost peppers...and colors changed. I would sweat where I've never perspired before. Palms of hands, eye lids. All my teeth went numb. Best combo with ghosts or habanero's is buffalo chili.
Maybe you could mail some seeds to me. ?
Old 11-27-2014, 07:31 PM

Received 209 Likes on 152 Posts
Be careful about sending pepper seeds across the border. Marijuana is OK, crack would be fine, but for pepper seeds they'll hang you by your
Old 11-27-2014, 07:50 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 153 Likes on 119 Posts
Scotty, to the best of my knowledge, you do not need me to mail you any seeds. Just obtain some of the peppers of chilies that you want, remove the seeds and plant them. In some cases the seeds may need drying before planting. Start the plants indoors and wear gloves when harvesting. Did you know that habanero peppers are spicy at a Scoville heat unit measure of 250,000 units, but ghost pepper has a Scoville rating of 1,001,304!!!!!!!!
Old 11-27-2014, 08:00 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by j_martin
Be careful about sending pepper seeds across the border. Marijuana is OK, crack would be fine, but for pepper seeds they'll hang you by your
My Elder Twin hung by the (censored) and claimed it was part of qualifying for his 'club'. He was always...

Originally Posted by Mexstan
Scotty, to the best of my knowledge, you do not need me to mail you any seeds. Just obtain some of the peppers of chilies that you want, remove the seeds and plant them. In some cases the seeds may need drying before planting. Start the plants indoors and wear gloves when harvesting. Did you know that habanero peppers are spicy at a Scoville heat unit measure of 250,000 units, but ghost pepper has a Scoville rating of 1,001,304!!!!!!!!
One ghost in a huge pot of chili sent one friend to the shower , another had to get his wife to come get him. I felt like I was going on a trip...it definitely works the central nervous system when it hits.

Wasabi habanero burgers are yet another experience.

My brother grew several ghost plants when he lived in Houston. I still have a few dozen dried ghost's. Had to put them in a glass jar. The plastic container began to distort and discolor.
Old 11-27-2014, 10:25 PM
REALLY old dog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good evening fellow dtrotarions

happy thanksgiving

claude
Old 11-28-2014, 08:31 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Dang slow in here. It's either the turkey coma or everyone's out shopping. Well sence everyone probly over fed from yesterday so bagels and jams laid out for brunch coffee phoo and other assorted beverages.

Have a gud one
Old 11-28-2014, 09:50 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I did my shopping on evilpay yesterday. Got a 3/8 ratchet set on the way. Might swing into sears and see if the $40 combination wrench set in their flyer is reduced in the store. They had their sale prices out already on stuff Wednesday afternoon but not on those wrench sets. Would help to have some metric wrenches since that's all the amigo's got on it.

The amigo's alternator was bad. Made funny noises when turning it, no output on bench test. Carquest was $2 more than NAPA but with lifetime warranty and had it next day. NAPA had one in the system in Washington would have taken 5 days.

Still a lot of money for a itty bitty 60 amp reman, but the regulator by itself is $100.
Old 11-28-2014, 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by railroaderone
Dang slow in here. It's either the turkey coma or everyone's out shopping. Well sence everyone probly over fed from yesterday so bagels and jams laid out for brunch coffee phoo and other assorted beverages.

Have a gud one
That's 1:30 AM by my clock. Don't you ever sleep?
Threw some remains out on the table. The crust on the punkin pie is made from almond flower. The wiped cream is the real McCoy. Organic turkey with stuffing made from no-wheat bread.

Single digits overnight and the ice fog persists. Might get snow tomorrow.
Old 11-28-2014, 01:15 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Something wrong down here in Florida. It is supposed to be a black Friday and the sun is outn, not a cloud in the sky, chilly at 66 degrees but gorgeous out. What is this thing about Black Friday? DUH. No black here.

No green here either - - treat us and bought a 65" LED Smart TV yesterday - - list price - - 1499, store price - - 1199 - - - yesterday price - - $688. Could not resist it. Gorgeous picture. My 52" LCD just didn't have it anymore after these LED's. Now they come out with 4G - - holly smoke they are expensive. I will wait 5 years and buy one for 500.

Grabbed me a ph00 and go watch pfffffuuuuutbaawwll. ...............
StuffedBob

Quick Reply: *** The Thanksgiving Breakroom 23/11 - 29/11 ***