Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

*** The Thanksgiving Breakroom 23/11 - 29/11 ***

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2014, 02:03 PM
DTR Mom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sounds perfect coug, enjoy enjoy! I would rather try the peppers, did ONE bite of a ghost pepper in Alaska. never the same throat again. funny, whiskey stopped the pepper pain. would never guess that. California cousins had BBQ ham, roasted pecans and raspberry tarts with lemon....oh my.

thank you all (humble icon) just one of those weeks- I am sure you all can relate........

absolute white out headed down to in laws places. turkey delivered to one place, stayed at another and met hubby at a third. gift jeep died; guessing fuel pump (shudder and no power, then no start). take my black jeep, all polished and gave it to bro in law. his smile was worth it, his gal could not even drive up the mountain, too scared despite 4wd. five very slippery inches of wet salted snow. paperwork done for folks to save them $$$ next year.

debating whether to go out and mess with dead jeep, hubby had a good opening at the ski resort. he called very happy, found out he gets a free lunch. snicker snicker

hugs to all o yous. two to scottynoneckwanderer....
Old 11-28-2014, 03:13 PM
Sausage Aficionado (In training)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Bob,
Please don't take offense at this or have hurt feelings but I hope a coconut falls on your head or you get pinched between the toes by a hermit crab!!!

Mother Nature has brought winter back to Alberta. Where I live SE of Calgary we actually got off way better than lots of parts of the province but it is still nasty. We started out just below freezing yesterday with light rain. That is a nice combination. Over night the temperature started to drop, the wind started gusting up to around 40 mph and the precipitation turned to snow. It has now been snowing for about 18 hours, the wind is up to almost 50 mph outside Calgary and the temperature is supposed to drop to -24F tonight!!!

Like I said, there are lots of places around here that got it worse than me and I think Scotty is getting clobbered over in Saskaberia but it still sucks to be outside right now in Alberta.
Old 11-28-2014, 03:50 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
I'm broke down in Rochelle Illinois... Heater core kind of exploded. What a mess. Work on it tomorrow.
Heavy snowfall warning for Hm. Neighbor blew his shoulder and girls can't run/handle the big blower. Getting socked in.
I'm safe warm and grateful.
Old 11-28-2014, 04:18 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Hey Sean - - I understand. As for the crabs - - I sent you some. LOL They are pets so don't eat them. Dropping down into the mid 40's tonight. The orchids are safe in the house. They appreciated it. Still blooming like mad. Gorgeous. Noticed two new shoots heading out today - - give them two weeks and two more strands of flowers. I need to get out tomorrow and do some clipping and pruning - - some plants are going crazee - - they don't know it is almost winter.

Some great football coming up tomorrow - - today's games were sort of wimpy - - like me. ............

Refill..................................gone.

Bob
Old 11-28-2014, 06:51 PM

FiverBob, you should watch the Grey Cup on Sunday. It is Canada's Superbowl and Calgary (my home team) is one of the teams playing.

Luckily the game is in the covered stadium in Vancouver.
Old 11-28-2014, 07:24 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Originally Posted by Tallguy67
FiverBob, you should watch the Grey Cup on Sunday. It is Canada's Superbowl and Calgary (my home team) is one of the teams playing.

Luckily the game is in the covered stadium in Vancouver.
Sadly I won't be home to watch. Maybe I can find it in the USA on ESPN 9. LOL
Hopefully the Riders shake up the offensive coordinator job and hire a qb coach. One dimensional coaching is what cost us more then losing our starting qb.
Old 11-28-2014, 08:36 PM
Administrator

Hey everyone. Just a quick drop in to say hi. Hope everyone's Thanksgiving was a good one.

Sorry to see Scotty broke down. That's never fun.

Getting ready to go kill some trees pretty soon. Whack 'em and stack 'em, my pile is getting low.

Take care everyone. Summer is only about 150 days away!
Old 11-28-2014, 09:05 PM
There is no G. There is no G. Repeat after me, THERE IS NO G!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey all, I'm typing from a local pizza bar. Chilling with beverages and watching the Spurs. Hope yall had a great Thanksgiving.

Moved into my new place on Monday and getting settling in. If anyone is in the area give me a shout PM for addy yall. I send Christmas cards.
Old 11-28-2014, 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by Scotty
Sadly I won't be home to watch. Maybe I can find it in the USA on ESPN 9. LOL
Hopefully the Riders shake up the offensive coordinator job and hire a qb coach. One dimensional coaching is what cost us more then losing our starting qb.
Scotty, Riders fans are tough to judge. How do you roll? Do you support West over East or are you more of a 'I love Riders first and who ever is playing the Stamps second'????
Old 11-28-2014, 09:58 PM
Top's Younger Twin

Originally Posted by Tallguy67
Scotty, Riders fans are tough to judge. How do you roll? Do you support West over East or are you more of a 'I love Riders first and who ever is playing the Stamps second'????
It's all about the west if the green n white don't make it.
I called the final teams in September. I do believe the Stamps have it as long as the cats defense is weaker then usual. Cornish could be shut down but that's already expected. The stamps have other weapons.

How's 27-14 sound?
Old 11-28-2014, 11:58 PM

Originally Posted by Scotty
I'm broke down in Rochelle Illinois... Heater core kind of exploded. What a mess. Work on it tomorrow.
Heavy snowfall warning for Hm. Neighbor blew his shoulder and girls can't run/handle the big blower. Getting socked in.
I'm safe warm and grateful.
Rochelle, Illinois. Was pulling in there one night when someone kept singing "you are so beautiful to me" on the CB. When he paused I said "just because you're singing to your lot lizard doesn't mean you need to key up your mic to do it"

Someone came back "have you ever seen a lot lizard you'd call beautiful?".

Had to admit I hadn't.
Old 11-29-2014, 05:44 AM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by NE frmhnd
Rochelle, Illinois. Was pulling in there one night when someone kept singing "you are so beautiful to me" on the CB.
If that was the worst I had heard on that stupid CB, I would not complain. Heard some pretty raunchy stuff. OUCH.

Morning all - - sleeping in again on Saturday aren't you. What do we do? Sound an alarm? Coffee and ph00 are on, hot water for Claude's tea. Grabbing mine and get the day rolling. Have fun.

Bob
Old 11-29-2014, 06:07 AM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 152 Likes on 118 Posts
Morning. Hi to the strangers to ie Shorts and chaikwa.

It's a Saturday morning, so why am I up so early? Stupid body that can't sleep in! Thanks Bob for the coffee.

Was at the orphanage again yesterday and near where I was working, one of the teachers was giving the 3 and 4 year olds a workout. The kids thought it was a game, but she was making their bodies stretch etc. Breaks my heart to see such young kids in a place like that. At least there, they are happy, well fed, properly clothed and well cared for.

It's a freezing morning here. 48F / 9C. Brrrrr. Feel cool sitting here in my shorts and sweater. Oh well, at least I know that by 10 a.m. it will be sunny and nice and warm outside and the sweater will be long gone.

Going to get a start on a busy morning. Bye for now.
Old 11-29-2014, 07:20 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Stan it's on 21 here where I am this morning supposted to get to 55 I think. Off to get wife's cr fixed she hit a small Deer

Grabing coffee and Mt Dew later
Old 11-29-2014, 07:32 AM
Top's Younger Twin

G'mornin Mr. Rail, Stanamex, BobbyDependable, and all you diesel folk.
Wrench day today. Seems to be a decent day for the repair.
ScotFarmer, the knowledge gathered from the CB isn't used often but does make sense...sometimes. I mute my radio when I roll thru Chicago. Its just insane.

Quick Reply: *** The Thanksgiving Breakroom 23/11 - 29/11 ***