Other Everything else not covered in the main topics goes here. Please avoid brand and flame wars. Don't try and up your post count. It won't work in here.

*****The Waffling House Breakroom 12/16-22*****

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2012, 06:46 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Bark
"Positive chaikwa is queen".
You callin' me a queen? You're workin' you're way towards a painful bannin'!

Originally Posted by jhenson
Chaikwa, get your drawers un-bunched...
Thanks for the coffee, but I don't wear 'drawers'!

Looks like it is Wednesday, December 19th, and on this illustrious day in 1777, General George Washington led his army of about 11,000 men to Valley Forge, PA, to camp for the winter.

1842 - Hawaii's independence was recognized by the U.S.

1843 - Charles Dickens' "A Christmas Carol" was first published in England.

1871 - Corrugated paper was patented by Albert L. Jones.

1887 - Jake Kilrain and Jim Smith fought in a bare knuckles fight which lasted 106 rounds and 2 hours and 30 minutes. The fight was ruled a draw and was halted due to darkness.

1907 - A coalmine explosion in Jacobs Creek, PA, killed 239 workers.

1959 - Walter Williams died in Houston, TX, at the age of 117. He was said to be the last surviving veteran of the U.S. Civil War.

1972 - Apollo 17 splashed down in the Pacific, ending the Apollo program of manned lunar landings.

1973 - Johnny Carson started a fake toilet-paper scare on the "Tonight Show."

1989 - U.S. troops invaded Panama to overthrow the regime of General Noriega.

1996 - The school board of Oakland, CA, voted to recognize Black English, also known as "ebonics." The board later reversed its stance.

1998 - U.S. President Bill Clinton was impeached on two charges of perjury and obstruction of justice by the U.S. House of Representatives.

1998 - A four-day bombing of Iraq by British and American forces ended.

2000 - The U.N. Security Council voted to impose sanctions on Afghanistan's Taliban rulers unless they closed all terrorist training camps and surrender U.S. embassy bombing suspect Osama bin Laden.

2003 - Images for the new design for the Freedom Tower at the World Trade Center site were released. The building slopes into a spire that reaches 1,776 feet.

2008 - U.S. President George W. Bush signed a $17.4 billion rescue package of loans for ailing auto makers General Motors and Chrysler.

A thought: People are not disturbed by things, but by the view they take of them.

Have a great day you people!
Old 12-19-2012, 07:55 AM
Sausage Aficionado (In training)

I have had some homemade blood pudding in Louisiana. They called it black pudding and also boudin sausage or something like that.

Anyway, I recently scored a sausage stuffer for it since I already had the meat grinder.
Where do you get your casings from?
There are a few stores in Calgary that I go to but my regular supplier is

http://www.dnrsausagesupplies.ca

They are just a small family business who also do a lot of customer leather work (the synergy between the two businesses makes sense if you think about it) and I can't praise them enough. A couple of weeks ago I needed stuff and I got there at 3:50pm and I rattled the door to figure out why it was locked BEFORE I saw that they closed at 3:00pm. The owner and his wife happened to still be there - they were waiting for a hunter who was on his way in with a fresh deer. Being smart business people, since they were still there, he came rushing out and unlocked the door. We were in and out in less than 10 minutes and spend about $250. That was probably the easiest money he made all day - we knew exactly what we wanted and were in and out really quickly.

They have an online store so that you can do mail order.
Old 12-19-2012, 09:38 AM
There is no G. There is no G. Repeat after me, THERE IS NO G!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Morning yall.

Old 12-19-2012, 09:56 AM
REALLY old dog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any suggestions ? the link doesn`t seam to work .

There are a few stores in Calgary that I go to but my regular supplier is

http://www.dnrsausagesupplies.ca

Claude
Old 12-19-2012, 12:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Shorts
Morning yall.

Holy armed cow WHO in Their right mind gives a gun to....aaayyy wait a minute... I just answered that didn't I???

Slev
Old 12-19-2012, 01:09 PM

Huh - that link didn't work. This one does:

http://www.dnrsausagesupplies.ca/car...vs93r6s3v13vb4
Old 12-19-2012, 02:09 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Hi gang,

What is with all this sausages and bacon stuff??? That stuff ain't good furya. ....................Want to get ya around a while - - I think - -on second thought, pile in and devour them suckers like there is no tomorrow then I can just talk to myself each day. I am getting used to it after working on this stupid pool system. HORRORS. Thought I was purdy smart with this electrical stuff, but this thing has no many controls, relays, step relays, air switches, timers, tiny little motors plus OUCH - - - 240v when you move a bit to get another voltage reading. Wife says call an expert. HUH - - now I get ridiculed by the blonde. What is going on??????? Going up the river and eat worms. ..............

OK, gone - - waiting for support call from the guru on Intermatic. See ya,

Bob
Old 12-19-2012, 02:28 PM
It's my pot and I'll stir it if I want to. If you're not careful, I'll stir your's as well!

Received 158 Likes on 122 Posts
Good morningafternoonevevening to all you wafflers. Woke up extra early and decided to see what y'all are waffling about. Nothing new here other than some of the gripes have changed, like Bob hopping around and getting (electrically) frustrated and sundry new problems being aired. Came looking for some decent coffee but at this time of your day, could only find some bubbling black stuff that smelled awful. Added some coffee and water on top of whatever that is, hoping to kill the smell.

It is getting colder and colder here. Right now (before dawn) it is minus 18C with a wind chill of minus 26C. Man, do I miss my sunny and warm Mexico and walking around in shorts all day. Going back in early February for a few weeks of R & R. Hopefully by the time I return it will be almost spring.

This being a communist country they do many things that we consider to be really weird. For example, here is my work schedule for the next few weeks:
Dec 24 - 28 normal work week
Dec 29 & 30 no work
Dec 32 work
Jan 1 -3 no work
Jan 4 - 11 work
Jan 12 and on we are back to a normal 5 day week.

Going to make myself a nice cup of instant coffee, add some honey and early as it is for me (4:25 a.m.) get started on some work as I have a lot to do today. If I have time will read back a few pages of waffling and see if I can glean out anything important. Oh yeah, maybe the news from Sickiwa or whatever his name is could be construed as important.
Old 12-19-2012, 03:20 PM

Holy cow, what a special week. We got check-ins from Stan (Mexstan) and Mark (Madhat). Very cool.
Old 12-19-2012, 03:36 PM
Proprietor of Fiver's Inn and Hospitality Center

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Tallguy67
Holy cow, what a special week. We got check-ins from Stan (Mexstan) and Mark (Madhat). Very cool.
Hey, they are just looking for their Christmas presents. ..............
Old 12-19-2012, 03:43 PM

I didn't know we got Christmas presents in the breakroom. That is good to know. Luckily I haven't been naughty this year
Old 12-19-2012, 03:46 PM
There is no G. There is no G. Repeat after me, THERE IS NO G!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Tallguy67
I didn't know we got Christmas presents in the breakroom. That is good to know. Luckily I haven't been naughty this year
We don't. We just dole out any packets of ketchup left on the breakroom tables.
Old 12-19-2012, 05:13 PM

Don't exactly know. I asked for a mid range ready to fly electric one. It would be nice if it could carry a .50cal too.
A friend of mine (he is 62) got one and it turns out to be so much fun I figured I would get one. Whats the worst that can happen?
You figure out how to mount a .22 in place of a .50 and shoot out the neighbor's windows?
Old 12-19-2012, 05:30 PM

Sooooo,, How long does it take to get used to it.
Tried making biscuits and sausage gravy using chicken sausage.
The dog didnt even like it.
Your dog is too picky. Mine loves green beans and asparagus.

I like breakfast sausage links that have literally drowned in maple syrup.
Old 12-19-2012, 06:57 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by FiverBob
Thought I was purdy smart with this electrical stuff, but this thing has no many controls, relays, step relays, air switches, timers, tiny little motor...
Just CALL THE MAN!

Evening all.

Quick Reply: *****The Waffling House Breakroom 12/16-22*****