Off Road / 4x4 OffRoad discussion, along with 4x4 events and information.

Got mud?

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2006, 08:06 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Got mud?

Well, I'll tell ya. Last night was quit an event. It had rained while I was at work yesterday so when I got home, the roads were muddy. It only rained about .4 inches, but red clay doesn't take much to get slimy. My phone rings as I look out the window. I hear the words, "I need a tow truck." It is my neighbor and his lights are not moving down the road any longer. So I jump in ol' grey and head out. I get there and my chin drops. He has a Hydra-bed on his '01 (same truck as mine only older) and TWO ROUND BALES on it. The Rear left duals are in the ditch, the frame rails and flat bed are sitting on the ground. I thought to myself, "ain't no way I'm getting him out". So, we talk about getting the tractor but I told him I was already down there with the truck and the tractor was still CLEAN so let's just try. To my wife's amazement and mine and his, ol' grey pulled him up out of the deep ditch where half the truck frame was sitting on the ground! I was astonished! I ended up in the other ditch, but with my tires, I just climbed right out. All we needed was a film crew and some lights and we could have made a great Dodge commercial! And some chumps say dually's aint no good in the mud....please....it just takes good tires and a little experience.

I thought some of you all would appreciate a good story to start Tuesday morning off. It rained again later that night so most of the mud got washed off my truck. I couldn't wait 'til this morning to take a picture, but I was dissappointed to see that my windshield wasn't still covered with mud. O-well. We had fun.....and the road grader guy will be wizzed! Maybe he should learn to make a road with some crown and a good ditch!

Old 11-28-2006, 09:54 AM
Chapter President

Sweet!! Where is that dern film crew when you need them?
Old 11-28-2006, 09:55 AM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
That's what I'm talking about...

Gotta love those clay roads. Wish I was there to have some fun too! I love gettting 'I'm stuck' calls.
Old 11-28-2006, 10:04 AM
Banned

I'll get a shot of the mud hole we were in tonight and post tomorrow. The truck doesn't even look muddy in the pic. I'm sure the road pic will do it justice.
Old 11-28-2006, 09:11 PM
Banned

Dang I miss playing in the mud. They just opened up a legal place to go but it either it hasn't rained or I've been busy when it has so I can't go play.
Old 11-28-2006, 09:35 PM

I'm ready for the freeze here Thurs. donuts in parking lots on ice are always fun Until the light poles get in the way
Old 11-29-2006, 08:07 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by BigBlue
Dang I miss playing in the mud. They just opened up a legal place to go but it either it hasn't rained or I've been busy when it has so I can't go play.
It is a long drive, but you are welcome to my mudhole....county road....whatever. If the county would pay someone more than 5 bones a hour they might get someone qualified to operate a maintainer. Here's a pic of the road a while back, different spot, but it is all about the same. We moved out into the middle of nowhere and love it. We tried to get the county to rock our road and they told us we'd have to pay for the rock. A set of good mud tires is a whole lot cheaper than $3000 for rock! Those idiots.

Originally Posted by bnold
I'm ready for the freeze here Thurs. donuts in parking lots on ice are always fun Until the light poles get in the way
Light poles are just speed bumps.....at long as you hit them with a big front bumper and not a dually fender!
Old 11-29-2006, 10:17 AM

Light poles are just speed bumps.....at long as you hit them with a big front bumper and not a dually fender!
haha... Bad times I'm assuming...
Old 11-29-2006, 10:25 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by CTDPower11
haha... Bad times I'm assuming...
From observation...not personal experience!
Old 12-04-2006, 08:32 PM

Had to pull the neighbors Gleaner "galvinized grinder" combine outta the mud in one of his river bottoms today. Idiot thought it was froze enough to get his beans out. Luckily he was close to a rock road and I could stay up on that, still I was impressed with the ol' girl, he had a hopper full of beans. Amen on the mud tires on a dually!! Then the idiot thought he would go try and run some more beans, we had to go get the 7800 4wd......
Old 12-05-2006, 08:09 AM
Banned

Well, this particular post is going to be more of a "got snow" than a "got mud", but I thought I'd share.

After the big snow storm we had, well, big for around here, I turned the corner to go into the local Conoco and there was a Ferd 1-ton, 4x4, diesel, 4-door that tried to pull up the hill into the Conoco. He failed and when he slid back down, his 40 foot aluminum horse trailer stopped perpendicular to the road and had traffic blocked in all directions. Needless to say the ol' dodge just chained up and pulled him up the hill, truck, trailer, horses and all. It was a good day for the ol' girl. Silver wins again!

Then, the next day, I was tooling around the country taking back roads to town to eat so I could drive down all the roads that had drifted shut. It is cool to see snow come up over the hood...as long as you are still moving forward!!!! I stoped to help a guy in a Chevy who had pulled into a gate with a round bale on the bed and burried it in the snow drift. After pulling him out, I noticed I dropped my cell phone. After further inspection, I had noticed that I had ran over it! My good samaritan acts cost me a $50 deductable to replace my cell phone! O-well, hopefully someone will help me out some day....ya right. No one ever stops for me...but then again....I never get stuck!!! My truck just breaks down!

Anyway, there is some reading for this morining. Dodge wins again!
Old 12-06-2006, 09:40 PM

I GOT MUD in my gallery. It was a little to much too. It took a backhoe to come pull me out. I made it through 2 hrs before when i was with some of my buddies, but when i took the chick out to play in the mud i got stuck and looked like a foool.
Old 12-06-2006, 09:49 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
That's just as much fun as running out of gas...
Old 12-07-2006, 08:20 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by dieselrob
I GOT MUD in my gallery. It was a little to much too. It took a backhoe to come pull me out. I made it through 2 hrs before when i was with some of my buddies, but when i took the chick out to play in the mud i got stuck and looked like a foool.
Dude! That looks like the LOVE BOAT to me! And least that is what you could have told her!
Old 12-13-2006, 01:29 PM

Hahaha thats a good one. That event wound up taking out my tranny a few months later from water getting it there. The tranny only had 10k on it haha. You live and learn.

Quick Reply: Got mud?