Off Road / 4x4 OffRoad discussion, along with 4x4 events and information.

Budget 4" lift?

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2006, 01:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Budget 4" lift?

I used the 2" spring spacers in the front to achieve an almost leve look(a 3" spacer would have actually put it perfectly level I think). Anyway, I thought that would be enough but now I think i'd like a little more lift, maybe another 2" all the way around for a total of 4" in the front and 2" in the rear(so it still sits pretty level). Is there any way to achieve this without a $900 lift kit? I know the front stock shocks will have to be replaced, but is there a front spring I could run with the 2" spring spacers that would give me another 2" over what I've got now? I'm sure I could just run a 2" taller block in the rear, right?

Also I noticed when I installed the 2" spacers up front that the lower control arm was almost fully extended downward just to get the spacers in, so I'm sorta worried about needing aftermarket lower control arms to go any higher than the 2" I've already got? Any worry there?

Also, the truck is a daily driver that I don't take offroad, I just want it to sit higher, so I don't need all the fancy offroad parts needed to flex real good.
Old 11-26-2006, 07:10 PM
Banned

well for the rear you can add a bigger block under the axel. as for the front. with out messing too much stuff up. yes it can be expensive. pitman arm, springs. extended link arms, etc... but i seggest doing it right the first.. i will be less expensive in the long run
Old 11-27-2006, 05:06 AM
Banned

You could run the Skyjacker D25 coils ( about 2 inches of lift ) with your spacers. You will need longer control arms and shocks. For the rear an Add-A-Leaf or a 2 inch taller block would work. You could probably get away with stock shocks in the rear. As stated above a pitman arm and a track bar would be a good idea also. If you shop carefully you could do that setup for less then $900.00.