NJDTR #37 Forum for the New Jersey chapter #37

Weekend Meet 3/15/08

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2008, 04:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Weekend Meet 3/15/08

Well how's it going guys, just wanted to say hi. I'm located in Moorestown NJ. Anyways there is supposed to be a Tri State Tuners meet at the Super Wawa on route 130 near the 295 entrance/exit. I was going to check to see if I can get enough interest here I might ask to allow a CTD meet to occur there too. Would be nice to kind of see two different kinds of worlds together. Just post up, I will be there in my CTD either way.

Chris
Old 03-06-2008, 06:55 AM

I might have to check that out. That isn't that far from me.
Old 03-06-2008, 07:17 AM
Banned

hey sounds like a plan even I could follow, bit of a drive but hey what the heck, mite have to score a tank of low cost s jersey fuel while I am there to make it even more worthwhile. You happen to have a street address for that place? and name of town ? time slot would be handy too.
Old 03-06-2008, 07:42 AM

Mike,
I think it may be this one:
RT 206 & DUNNS MILL ROAD
BORDENTOWN, NJ 08505
609-291-2081
24 hours

It's the only Wawa I know of that is near 130/ 295
Old 03-06-2008, 05:19 PM

As long as the weekend is free i could be up for the drive also. might be able to get a couple of my tuner friends together.
Old 03-06-2008, 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by WhozNxtLS1
Well how's it going guys, just wanted to say hi. I'm located in Moorestown NJ. Anyways there is supposed to be a Tri State Tuners meet at the Super Wawa on route 130 near the 295 entrance/exit. I was going to check to see if I can get enough interest here I might ask to allow a CTD meet to occur there too. Would be nice to kind of see two different kinds of worlds together. Just post up, I will be there in my CTD either way.

Chris
Hey Chris,
Is this the WAWa on 130 N. near Florence.near NJTunpike..across the street from BP fuel (they got diesel) ? or is this closer to Rt. 206 in Bordentown as mentioned by someone else above? (I haven't noticed a WaWa here though, but don't always travel to frequent that area.)

Thanks.
Old 03-06-2008, 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by mikmaze
hey sounds like a plan even I could follow, bit of a drive but hey what the heck, mite have to score a tank of low cost s jersey fuel while I am there to make it even more worthwhile. You happen to have a street address for that place? and name of town ? time slot would be handy too.

Did I hear correctly on the news that one of Valero's refinery had to shut down due to a (minor?)fire or something which will have them shut down for repairs again driving more fuel cost up??? Sheesh!!
Old 03-12-2008, 08:36 PM
Banned

OK ls1, any word or updates, would like to go, but not unless I hear from a few other trucks goin down, getting close and need to decide / plan for it.
Old 03-13-2008, 07:44 AM

Is there a time line when this thing will start? I'd like to check it out but I'm not going to drive over there to see if it is on.............
Old 03-13-2008, 03:51 PM

Hey all sorry about the delay on the update, been busy this week. The meet is a cruise to a Sonic in Reading PA. It's going to be like 100+ Suburu's, Evo's, Camaro's, Trans Am's, Corvette's. I'm not fully in the loop on this so I don't exactly know how it's going to be, but I heard last year I heard it was insane amount of cars.

Anyways, I don't know how many people would still want to go as it is a cruise. I was originally under the impression that it was a "car show type meet"

The location at that Wawa is for just a meet location to cruise 2 hours away to the Sonic. I was not originally aware of it that it was a cruise. Anyone still interested? There is going to be a lot of racing I know that much, but mostly amoungst the sport cars.

People are meeting there at 9am, if there is interest in the cruise from the diesel community I will certainly take my truck for the cruise
Old 03-13-2008, 03:53 PM

Updated Cruise 3/13/08 to Sonic in Reading

Originally Posted by WhozNxtLS1

Chris
Updated 3/13/08 see above post for details
Old 03-13-2008, 04:23 PM
Banned

hm,. not into a cruise with a bunch of ricers, but hangin out for a bit meeting up with others with trucks isn't out of the question. Who else is thinkin of hittin the lot for a little while and when ? 9 am is a bit early considering how far away it is, but if we all decide early is better Iwill see what I can do to make it early.
Old 03-13-2008, 04:42 PM

Yeah, like I stated I didn't come up with the meet, but I agree with a bunch of ricers lol. Basically they are going there to meet for a half hour tops, and then cruising to the Sonic.
Old 03-13-2008, 05:52 PM

What I really want to do is set up something on a good weekend where a bunch of us could get together and sit around in a parking lot and shoot the crap about trucks and just see what everyone has.
Old 03-13-2008, 06:46 PM

I gotta do a couple of things to my new truck and maybe we could do a wrench day. I want to get my air horn done as wella s put the steps and lights back on the new truck.

My house is open and I have room for 10-15 trucks. Have tools, electric tools and cordless but no compressor. Gave it away as I am looking into a new one.

If this sounds good to anyone, I am thinking next saturday. I am by Six Flags Great Adventure. I will supply coffe and donuts/ bagels also.

Quick Reply: Weekend Meet 3/15/08