NJDTR #37 Forum for the New Jersey chapter #37

a good mechanic

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2011, 07:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
a good mechanic

hey guys,
i'm in the south jersey area, right outside of Philadelphia, and I'm looking for a good diesel mechanic. anyone know anyone and can attest to their quality. I've got a 2000 ext cab long bed, and its got around 150k on it. I've recently made a pretty big mistake in buying (all from ats) a racing valve body, triple lock torque converter, billet input shaft, and master overhaul kit, and having my tranny guy do the install. it ended up costing me more than if I were to pull it myself and getting a stage 2 with the 5yr/500,000 mile warranty. well now its having sporatic issues going into lockup in reverse right away or after a period of a few seconds.
my reason for telling you all this is after this all gets straightened out (its been in and out (mostly in) of the tranny shop since december) I want to have it gone over. It just doesn't got the get up and go that it used and and i've noticed a pretty significant drop in fuel mileage over the past 5 years. I have done all of the other work to my truck, but i just would like someone who knows these trucks well to go over it and help me get it back to good shape, because once that starts, i'd like to start some performance mods, now that i finally have a real job with some money to play with.

I know that most of you are from further north, and as of right now, i don't know any good, trustworthy diesel mechanics in my area, so i'm not opposed to dropping my truck off up north if the shop comes highly recommended from you guys. sorry about the long winded-ness of this message, i get to rambling when it comes to my truck lately.

looking forward to hearing from you,
Pete
Old 02-09-2012, 08:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ats

hey guys, i figure not many people here have read this, but i just read it and realized that it looks like i'm bashing ATS. I just want to clarify. ATS has been more than helpful throughout this entire thing, and I think that they have really good quality parts, and if I ever need anything transmission related again, i'll go with them again. this time i would just get an entire transmission from them and have their warranty.
anyway, incase you're wondering, its been 1 year 2 months and the transmission shop just gave me the truck back a month ago and its still NOT RIGHT, of no fault of ATS tho. so if you need tranny work done in the south jersey area, be sure to pm me and i'll tell you who NOT to go to.