NJDTR #37 Forum for the New Jersey chapter #37

Gatherings

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2008, 11:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Happy 4th fellas, hope everyone enjoys it!

Good to hear you got her taken care of last night George, the system has been marveled all over the forums, interested to see it for sure. PM me the cost if you don't mind, curious to see what it set you back and if the prices have changed since I inquired.

Just finished putting on the turndowns to keep the bedsides clean once and for all... cutting the pipes sucked, required a combination of sawzall, hacksaw and 4" cutoff wheel. had to use a sawzall in the one spot and the blade caught the opposite side of the pipe, slamming 3 out of 5 fingers on the left hand into the concrete, which was cool. good for a laugh at least... Was hoping to get more accomplished, but a late start and now time for family party.
Old 07-04-2008, 12:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mikmaze
good to hear you are going to come to the race JD, you must be busy, haven't seen you post much.......
Very busy in fact. New job, lots of work around home. Just put a dana 80 under the old truck last night, gotta go start finishing it today then off to a picnic. Picked up an '85 crew cab thats going to be a project truck for me.
Old 07-05-2008, 09:39 AM

George congrats on the new Ravelco. I myself just got a CompuStart system installed this past January that has the pager alarm on it. Pretty cool when it goes off and says "theft" right on it.

Attention all members of NJDTR: We need to get together to discuss an important chapter matter. Would anyone be available next Friday night for a Hooters or any other place meet? If a majority cannot be there, than it will have to be on the 20th at Island. Please post up if you can make a meet next weekend.

Speaking of Island, anyone have a small grill that they can bring up? We could save $$$ by cooking our own food up there. Everyone would be responsible for bringing something.
Old 07-05-2008, 09:44 AM

That sounds good Tom, grilling our own would definitely be better than the ready made slop they call cheeseburgers... I think we have a small grill from camping that we can bring, I will find out later this weekend when I see her.

Friday should be OK for me, just not going to be there too early. Have to bear in mind I work till 7 and have a ride to get to Wayne, unless it was in Franklin this time.
Old 07-05-2008, 09:51 AM
Banned

grillin sounds good, I have a nice coleman jobber that runs off bottle gas and cooks a great cheese steak. lets just remember that unless we want thrown out of there, no adult beverages. Hooters always sounds good, but may get more folks to show up at island for a "business meeting"
Old 07-05-2008, 09:55 AM

Hooters always sounds good, but may get more folks to show up at island for a "business meeting"
I was kind of thinking that after my post, would be easy enough. Set ourselves up and call a meeting at some point when there isn't much else going on. I was thinking the other day, we need some sort of banner to take to these events
Old 07-05-2008, 10:25 AM

Okay so we will just take care of it at Island. I agree, kinda hard to do business at Hooters.....
Old 07-05-2008, 10:38 AM
Chapter President

Location: misplaced Idahoan stuck in Albuquerque, Roughneckin on RIG 270
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by mulisha
well, the installer was here last night till almost 1am. hands down the best installer ive ever seen, went way beyond my expectations.the system is incredible, how it works, cant believe nobody thaught of it sooner.this guy is an electrical geneius. all the wire harnesses that were in the truck are all neater now. and the trickery this guy uses with the ravelco system is second to none, next time i see you guys , ill show you and explain how it works. youll def want one. its bulletproof.
I am glad Chuck was able to get you done. He is a great guy and has helped me a ton throughout my progress.

Chris
Old 07-05-2008, 11:25 AM
Banned

news flash, this just in........... UFC fight night HOOTERS in Franklin..... tonight around 9pm, a few of us are going to meet up and watch the fights, bs about blowin smoke. I think I have an idea for a name for our chapter btw, how does the North Jersey mosquito commision sound ?
Old 07-05-2008, 11:32 AM

news flash, this just in........... UFC fight night HOOTERS in Franklin..... tonight around 9pm, a few of us are going to meet up and watch the fights, bs about blowin smoke. I think I have an idea for a name for our chapter btw, how does the North Jersey mosquito commision sound ?
HAHAHA I like that.
Old 07-05-2008, 03:39 PM

I think I have an idea for a name for our chapter btw, how does the North Jersey mosquito commision sound ?
HAHA, not bad... Plays nicely in to the "Goin' Broke, Blowin' Smoke"

Wadda ya think?

Old 07-05-2008, 06:26 PM

Awesome Pat. Are those 5" turndowns? I have been looking for a 5-6" turndown for the longest time, but nobody makes it that big. Guess I will have to custom make one.

Speaking of the club, we have a motto, just no name yet. Maybe we can figure something out at Island.
Old 07-05-2008, 06:31 PM

Thanks Tom, I definitely like them so far. They are only 4", I gave up on the idea of putting something big and glamorous down there, it is only going to get covered in dirt/mud/roadcrap and pelted with gravel... BUT, I picked up the pair of them from FTE Diesel on CF for like $95 shipped with the clamps, so 4" is good enough for me...

You gonna make it up tonight Tom? Where is Angelo these days?
Old 07-05-2008, 06:40 PM

Not going to make it, am down the shore right now. Haven't seen Angelo on here all week.....
Old 07-06-2008, 12:53 PM

Tom, we missed ya, that was some blood bath before we left We unfortunately ducked out a little early, had some plans for early this morning. Today I was only able to remove the Cummins badges from the fenders due to an early start for the day (3 AM) and needing a nap

Latest mod, not much for the truck, but it is the best I got to share right now...

We went out this morning on a hot air balloon ride in Middletown, NY and some where a couple hundred feet above Middletown...

Quick Reply: Gatherings