NJDTR #37 Forum for the New Jersey chapter #37

Gathering and general jersey stuff thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2009, 09:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, crap day yesterday was...

My MP8 didn't show up yesterday like it was supposed to. Last might the clutch started slipping something fierce on SW-7, not looking good for dynoing this thing next week.

Old 05-21-2009, 03:12 PM
Banned

well I bet it gets there today, and that new clutch of yours should be here soon too.. plenty of time to spin the big drums.......

by the way, who is up for a ufc fight night? Saturday night, the 23rd, some good fights, gotta decide which hoots to go to, and get an idea on who might show up so we can get a table.
Old 05-21-2009, 03:21 PM

Well, I just looked at Fedex tracking, and not delivered yet.

Clutch is ordered through a buddy out in Scranton, he said it might be in Friday, we will be away this weekend and IDK if the shop can get me in this quick. If I can get it in my hands by next week, I will try like mad
I was ticked to realize how bad it was slipping last night, but better to find out before toasting it completely 4 hours from home...
Old 05-22-2009, 07:04 AM

if i don't head up to upstate NY i will be there.

Pat that is what happens when you leave the truck sit all winter it comes to get revenge
Old 05-22-2009, 07:08 AM

Originally Posted by Juniorphil

Pat that is what happens when you leave the truck sit all winter it comes to get revenge
You better watch it too buddy!!!
Old 05-22-2009, 08:45 AM

Nice guys...

MP8 did show up last night, at 6:00 I didn't know Fedex delivered that late oh well, it is in, that is enough. I am hoping tha by 11 I will get the phone call to tell me that the clutch is in and Keara can go get it for me
Old 05-22-2009, 03:13 PM

Just a little update on the truck. Tires and rims have been ordered and will be going on next Friday. Just in time for my trip to Spring Fling. My rears are bald and I didn't want to make the trip with them. I got 20" Helo Max 8 wheels in black, wrapped with 305/50 R20 Toyo proxes.
Cooling Mist water/meth kit with two 250 psi pumps and 6gal tank on order along with AFE Blade Runner intake manifold. Should ship by the end of the month due to a group buy deal on Comp. D.
Last but not least, Front and Rear drive shaft loops will be on their way once their built.
This should complete my build as long as the new Smarty program for the 03/04 trucks runs like the one for the 04.5 trucks. If not I'm gonna up the injectors to the Flux 4.3 and run less programming.

I gotta keep up with that white dodge in my neighborhood!
Old 05-22-2009, 03:25 PM

Holy smokes Angelo That thing is gonna look gooooood, can't wait to see it

Looks not so good on my clutch, didn't arrive there today and that cuts it wayyy close to get it in by Sat. morning
Old 05-22-2009, 03:26 PM
Banned

whew, hot one today, what a day, other guy I work with that knows a bit of what he's doin had to go to another job today, leavin it all up to me, intricate phase of work and dang was it rough....... but gettin that check at the end of the day made it worth it. can't wait to see the new look on the green sleeper...... so much for that look! I know George is headin to the track tonight, I need a serious second wind if I am even gonna think about it, but I am set to catch the ufc fights tomorrow night......... .
Old 05-22-2009, 06:02 PM

No more sleeper that is for sure They are going to start picking on him due to the bling know.

I think tomarrow night works for me, might due a last minute decision to go north though.

HO Brian i try to make up for it in the summer.
Old 05-23-2009, 08:06 AM
Banned

ok guys, early bump for this, Hooters tonight ufc fights, some good fights on the schedule.... come to see that and I'll also entice you out to see box of parts...... some recognizable, some not, all trash from my trans. post up in time to decide on which Hooters to meet up at, Wayne or Franklin.
Old 05-23-2009, 08:40 AM

Wish I could Mike, but at 4 I will be south bound to MD to try out their beer and test it out

Phil, maybe that is why he got the black wheels, to avoid getting picked on for blingin out his ride

add on: soooooo, what would be the concencus on buying a used turbo? I have a guy offering my a Silver 62 with an ATS manifold for 1500, says the turbo has about 5k miles on it, he went with a twins setup
Old 05-23-2009, 04:01 PM
Banned

Prolly tell ya he's never seen over 1200 degrees with it too........ give Lloyd a shout, or talk to him up in dillsburg next week, see what he thinks, and what kind of prices he can get for you on a similar spinner.

Well pat is out for tonight, Tom is out..... looks like a norther connection tonight, Hooters in Franklin NJ it is, bout 9, 9:30 to watch the fights- see the sights.
Old 05-23-2009, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by Juniorphil
No more sleeper that is for sure They are going to start picking on him due to the bling know.
Originally Posted by ohyeahfriday
Phil, maybe that is why he got the black wheels, to avoid getting picked on for blingin out his ride
Nah, no bling here! I always hated the cheap steel wheels with chrome covers that came on the truck. It just took me this long to spend that kind of money on something that didn't make the truck go faster. I keep telling myself they will help with my 60' times.
Old 05-23-2009, 05:18 PM
Banned

any chance on you making it to hooters tonight Angelo ? & I got money that they do help with your 60 foot times btw

Quick Reply: Gathering and general jersey stuff thread