NCDTR #18 Forum for the North Carolina chapter #18

Results Of "National Speed" Dyno Day (12/19)

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2009, 06:20 PM
Administrator

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts
Results Of "National Speed" Dyno Day (12/19)

I want to sincerely thank everyone who came out to this event today. It was a cold damp day, although the sun did come out briefly later in the afternoon.

I also want to thank Cliff Hutton (clif_dodge) for setting this event up and to George Taylor, Chris, Jordan and our Dyno Operator, Taylor, for a GREAT JOB as usual! Thanks to "National Speed" for getting the pizzas for everyone too.

There were six (6) trucks that ran on the dyno today. As always, I am posting the HIGHEST horespower and torque for each truck that ran.

Here are the numbers from the dyno runs:

NAME-----------------------TYPE TRUCK------------------------H.P./TQ.--

1.) Ryan Wilson-------------96' Dodge CTD---------------------344/659----
-----------------------------------------------------------458/918 (NOS)

2.) Nick Draganov-----------04' Chevy Duramax----------------739/1225---
----------------------------------------------------------891/1479 (NOS)

3.) Cliff Hutton--------------96' Dodge CTD--------------------743/1269---
----------------------------------------------------------805/1500 (NOS)

4.) H. Guyton---------------06' Chevy Duramax----------------434/775----

5.) Mike Bond---------------08' GMC Duramax------------------551/1043---

6.) Dustin Mintern-----------05' Chevy Duramax----------------710/1081---

My congratulations to the top horespower truck today of Nick Draganov!!
CONGRATULATIONS Nick! Nick owns his own diesel performance shop in Sarasota, Florida and does all the engine work for our own Cliff Hutton. Nick towed Cliff's truck all the way from to Florida to N.C. to deliver Cliffs truck to him which he just rebuilt for Cliff. Nick "daily drives" his 2004 Chevy Duramax but decided to join us at this event before he went back home for the holidays. Nick,....thanks for coming Sir and I have to say,.....you have a darn good running truck there! FWIW,....Nicks truck has EFI live, stock injectors and an aftermarket turbo.

---------
John_P
Old 12-19-2009, 07:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
looks like several trucks put out some really nice power.im glad you guys had a good time sorry i couldnt make it....
Old 12-19-2009, 07:41 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sorry I did not make it buddy, but I got Nate finished up and on his way at about 7PM. He had some toasted parts that I had to replace that I was not planning to!! Glad you had a great time!! See you soon!!
Old 12-19-2009, 09:01 PM

SO....Cliff, are ya gonna get the window decal?????????
Great job guys.
Old 12-19-2009, 09:07 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by wiskeyVI
SO....Cliff, are ya gonna get the window decal?????????
Great job guys.
--------------------------
Thanks Clif! Hey,....it was great to see you today buddy! I am so glad you are feeling better now.

BTW,.....Cliff Hutton told me "he was going to get the window sticker!"
A bet is a bet,.....and he lost that bet to Nick!
Old 12-20-2009, 02:11 AM
Banned

Mike and I had a good time at the event. He and I were really pleased with his numbers, not bad for lift pump, intake, exhaust, and tuning on a stock turbo, stock CP3, and stock injectors on fuel only.

Wish we could have gotten some better pulls out of my truck to see what the new intercooler and injectors would do. From some logging on the way home I'm pretty sure that it's time to send the SC converter in for a refresh, sell it, and call Terry at Precision Industries for a new custom unit.
Old 12-20-2009, 06:12 AM

Glad to see some awesome #'s up there. Thanks Phil for getting her going again. Catch you next time John, sorry I couldn't make it.
Old 12-20-2009, 08:16 AM
Administrator/Jarhead

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Good times, and good numbers! Wish I could have made it... I would have got close to that chevy!
Old 12-20-2009, 01:36 PM

Hey Guys!
Had a great time and I am real happy with everybodys #s too!
And I am working on getting the decal made as soon as possible!
Thanks again John and everybody at National Speed.
Cliff Dodge
Old 12-27-2009, 10:56 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by madhat
Good times, and good numbers! Wish I could have made it... I would have got close to that chevy!
If you are talking about mine it did 821hp on fuel on Dunbar's 2 days after I got the built motor running, and ran 11.18 @ 122 on it's first 1/4 mile pass. I have since replaced the leaking stock intercooler and bad injectors and gotten better slicks and front shocks. I don't plan to dyno again unless it is part of another event - like the Diesel Power Challenge or the Top Truck Competition at the OBX Pro Diesel Challenge. I would rather prove the power on the track than on the rollers.

Mike's 2WD stock CCSB Chevy is getting close to your times with only 551hp - he's done 12.7s with no weight reduction and a bunch of added weight; next time out we'll take off all his added weight and maybe even the tailgate.
Old 12-28-2009, 07:51 AM
Administrator/Jarhead

Dang, one up me, huh? I was not trying to turn this into a peeing contest, I was talking about the 891 Nick put down.

Must be nice to have your own diesel shop, I'm small time. I also use the truck to tow a 10k trailer frequently.

I'm working on it, slowly, but it's coming. Sorry if I stepped on your toes or something.
Old 12-28-2009, 12:26 PM
Administrator

Dang, one up me, huh? I was not trying to turn this into a peeing contest, I was talking about the 891 Nick put down.

Must be nice to have your own diesel shop, I'm small time. I also use the truck to tow a 10k trailer frequently.

I'm working on it, slowly, but it's coming. Sorry if I stepped on your toes or something.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Let me get into this "peeing contest!"

I wouldn't worry about any of those comments from Dustin Mintern (OthrGrl)
Mark! If you were around the NCDTR #18 section alot you would see that he is always like that! I think his feelings got hurt there at the dyno day when Nick beat his numbers with stock injectors!! Granted,....Dustin was having some "issues" as I did too with the 96'.
But as I said in my first post,.....Nick has a DARN GOOD running truck for no more than he has done to it!

And as you also pointed out, you use your truck ALOT differently than Dustin does, so we are not really comparing "apples to apples" either!

--------
John_P
Old 12-28-2009, 12:46 PM
Administrator/Jarhead

But, I ain't gotta pee, John!

It's all a lot of fun in the diesel world trying to beat one another on the dyno or track. I can freely admit that there are a lot faster and better than me out there. I just have a good time.

Just tryin to catch you, John!
Old 12-28-2009, 04:24 PM
Administrator

But, I ain't gotta pee, John!

It's all a lot of fun in the diesel world trying to beat one another on the dyno or track. I can freely admit that there are a lot faster and better than me out there. I just have a good time.

Just tryin to catch you, John!
----------------------------------------
Hey Mark,.....all you have to do is get some dual CP-3's, a good set of twin turbos and some larger injectors and you would be there buddy! Heck, Bobby Downes (dperf) has done that to his 2006 and he has more H.P. than me on #2 diesel! Like you said, there is always going to be someone faster than us.
Old 01-03-2010, 08:35 PM

hey guys nicks chevy has a blown head gasket the chevy might have beat me but it just shows chevys dont last like the 12v ctd hahaha but i know its been fixed

Quick Reply: Results Of "National Speed" Dyno Day (12/19)