NCDTR #18 Forum for the North Carolina chapter #18

Our Own NCDTR #18 Member (ratlratl) selling his truck.

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2008, 07:35 PM
Administrator

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts
Our Own NCDTR #18 Member (ratlratl) selling his truck.

I don't know if you guys saw it or not, but one of our own NCDTR #18 Members, namely, ratlratl (Chris) has put his beautiful like new white Dodge CTD CR Dually up FOR SALE in our classifieds. He says in the ad "He is going to buy a 6.7."

Chris, are you sure you want to do this????? Man I hate to see it because our dealers down here have been having MAJOR problems with those trucks.

-------
John_P
Old 08-03-2008, 07:53 PM
MMMmmmm.... Grits!!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Red face

I know, I know, I know. WOW, John you work quick!!!! I have owned many auto Dodges and now a couple of manuals. I have LOVED my manuals, but have put up with alot of grief from the wife about her inability to drive these trucks. Other than that I am prepared to own this truck forever. Till Saturday that is.....I got to ride in and drive an 08 6.7 6-speed auto all day Saturday, and I am hooked with lust on that new 6-speed!!!! Full manual control, plus built in exhaust brake.....(drool,drool,drool) Best of all, it's an auto. For a factory built truck, this thing is as close to right as any Ram has needed to be. The motor is right peppy, even stock. It's just that tranny....WOW!!

Please don't shun me away just yet. I have the truck in the ads merely to test the waters. I'm not bailing out of the diesel world nor will I. When I drove that other truck, all the owner could do was complain about poor mileage. With me driving it and using the exhaust brake and that slick auto-stick feature, I managed a 17.8 hand calculated mpg average. That was with lots of backroad driving, with some highway and a bunch of idling (hot day). This truck only had 3900 miles so plenty of break in left.

It was a 4X4 3500 dually. It seemed the trick was keeping the rpm's right at 1500 without dropping below that. Below that you could tell the truck was lugging, and everyone knows how much fuel gets dumped when these trucks lug along at low rpm.

Again though, JOHN, I had barely hit the submit button before I saw this thread. WOW!!

Chris
Old 08-03-2008, 08:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'd love to swap a built version of that tranny into mine.
Old 08-03-2008, 08:06 PM
Administrator

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by ratlratl
I know, I know, I know. WOW, John you work quick!!!! I have owned many auto Dodges and now a couple of manuals. I have LOVED my manuals, but have put up with alot of grief from the wife about her inability to drive these trucks. Other than that I am prepared to own this truck forever. Till Saturday that is.....I got to ride in and drive an 08 6.7 6-speed auto all day Saturday, and I am hooked with lust on that new 6-speed!!!! Full manual control, plus built in exhaust brake.....(drool,drool,drool) Best of all, it's an auto. For a factory built truck, this thing is as close to right as any Ram has needed to be. The motor is right peppy, even stock. It's just that tranny....WOW!!

Please don't shun me away just yet. I have the truck in the ads merely to test the waters. I'm not bailing out of the diesel world nor will I. When I drove that other truck, all the owner could do was complain about poor mileage. With me driving it and using the exhaust brake and that slick auto-stick feature, I managed a 17.8 hand calculated mpg average. That was with lots of backroad driving, with some highway and a bunch of idling (hot day). This truck only had 3900 miles so plenty of break in left.

It was a 4X4 3500 dually. It seemed the trick was keeping the rpm's right at 1500 without dropping below that. Below that you could tell the truck was lugging, and everyone knows how much fuel gets dumped when these trucks lug along at low rpm.

Again though, JOHN, I had barely hit the submit button before I saw this thread. WOW!!

Chris
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Chris:

Thanks for the VERY thorough explanation buddy!! And one thing about our NCDTR #18 Crew is "We Look Out For and Take Care of Each Other." Plus, I think alot of you Chris and I was pretty surprised to see first your Smarty, then the actual TRUCK up FOR SALE in our Classifieds Section!

I hear what you are saying on the 6.7's though. I have driven them too. But don't let that "lull you to sleep buddy!" If my dealers and the Members here on DTR weren't having SO MANY problems with them Chris I would say, "Go For It!" But,.....there are piles of problems and some of them are pretty serious IMHO. I just hate to see you get a truck you are going to have problems with. But, I respect you and your opinion very much,.....so if your truck sells and you buy a 6.7 we will still love you! You KNOW you will always be a valued and welcome Member of our NCDTR #18 Chapter.

Keep us posted on the progress Chris!

---------
John_P
Old 08-03-2008, 08:31 PM
MMMmmmm.... Grits!!

Thumbs up

Thanks John. You know that I hold your opinion in very high regard. Maybe I was lulled into a sleep by that tranny. Like I said, I have no reason to get out of my current ride, I just want to see if it's workable. I'd have to find that perfect truck anyways.

Okay, now for the truth......You set the benchmark too high for clenliness of a truck. So high I just can't keep up and I need less sheetmetal to wash....

Thanks again John
Old 08-03-2008, 08:34 PM
MMMmmmm.... Grits!!

Keegan, now there's an idea........hmmmmm

5.9 with a six speed auto.......

Chris
Old 08-03-2008, 09:18 PM

Just for kicks and giggles, check the price on it sometime. If I only knew someone who could build it just as strong as a 48RE, then I'd be willing to bite the big one on it.

Keegan, now there's an idea........hmmmmm

5.9 with a six speed auto.......

Chris
Old 08-04-2008, 12:16 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
JP,

He really went out and bought a '08 TT powerJoke and is afraid to tell us!!!
Old 08-04-2008, 12:22 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts
Originally Posted by UnrulyNFS
Just for kicks and giggles, check the price on it sometime. If I only knew someone who could build it just as strong as a 48RE, then I'd be willing to bite the big one on it.
I guarantee they are working on that as we speak
Old 08-04-2008, 12:24 PM
Admin Team Leader

Received 207 Likes on 158 Posts

Okay, now for the truth......You set the benchmark too high for clenliness of a truck. So high I just can't keep up and I need less sheetmetal to wash....
Boy you said a MOUTHFULL there

I have to park my truck at least 50 feet from Johns truck because I can't stand to hear it sob and whimper
Old 08-04-2008, 12:53 PM
MMMmmmm.... Grits!!

Exclamation Ouch Ouch Ouch

Originally Posted by Mcmopar
JP,

He really went out and bought a '08 TT powerJoke and is afraid to tell us!!!
Now that's just not nice to say at all, considering I know where you live.....Wait, is that your discount decreasing?

Love,

Chris

P.S. Phil, weren't you wearing a Ford t-shirt at our last meeting?
Old 08-04-2008, 02:04 PM
DTR question asker

Whos side are you REALLY on here Phil?

(Maybe hes a spy...)

Old 08-04-2008, 03:34 PM

I was gonna be mean and say your wife gave it to me, but I'll tell the truth, YOU gave it to me!!
Old 08-04-2008, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by dieselfuelonly

Whos side are you REALLY on here Phil?

(Maybe hes a spy...)

Since the 47/48's don't seem to break anymore, I had to find something to fix
Old 08-17-2008, 10:40 AM
MMMmmmm.... Grits!!

Okay, phase one is done. Trucks is SOLD! To a man from BAASTAN MASS.

Now onto phase two. Acquire next truck.

Then to phase three.....keeping it stock........OOOOOHHHHH Taboo!!!

I'll keep you guys posted.

Chris

Quick Reply: Our Own NCDTR #18 Member (ratlratl) selling his truck.