NCDTR #18 Forum for the North Carolina chapter #18

NADM/Rockingham Results/Aftermath

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2009, 12:05 PM
Administrator

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts
NADM/Rockingham Results/Aftermath

Well,.....for those of you that didn't make this event, including the infamous
"12 Valve Eaters",.......you missed a great event and good time.

It was evident early on that the "Pro-Street" Class was going to be between Jeff Garmon and our own Brian Buchanan who brought out his shiny, newly painted and rebuilt 97' Dodge CTD 12 valve Pro- Street Drag Truck. Brian, Mike D., Jerry, Buck and the entire "Bucks Communication Race Crew" have worked hard all winter long to get that truck running good and their efforts have definitely paid off! Jeff and Brian put on one heck of a final drag race with Jeff BARELY edging out Brian at the end of the quarter mile. Jeff finished first with Brian coming in second. Brian,.....CONGRATULATIONS to you, Mike, Jerry Buck and your entire Crew on all your hard work and effort and great finish there!

In the Quick Diesel Class it came down to Ty Maitland against our own Brian Jelish (00Powerstroke) in the finals. Brian got a bad start and was edged out by Ty. Our own Mike D. did real well in the Quick Diesel Class too, running his best ever 1/4 mile time of 12.1@109 MPH on #2 diesel only! Mike, congratulations to you!

The E.T. Bracket Class was the biggest class but I did not see who ended up winning that, so someone will have to help me out with that. I do know that David Elrods (Big Swole) girlfriend, Heather went deep into the ladders in her red Chevy Duramax and was down to I believe the last four trucks where she was edged out slightly her competitor by ONLY 6/1,000ths of a second!!
That was her very first time EVER drag racing,.....so congratulations to her.

Also, congratulations need to go out to our own David (BC847) who came down with his nice 1st Gen Truck which now has twin turbos!! David ran a blistering best ever time of 13.54 with his truck!! Good job David. That has to be one of the fastest 1st Gens in the U.S. now!!

The Porterfield Race Crew was AGAIN "bitten" by the Rockingham "curse" as Johnner broke not one, but TWO (2) belt tensioner pulleys on his black 2004 Dodge CTD CR 6-speed! So,....the big red trailer was again put into service at the Rock! Johnner,.....sorry about the parts breaking.

My sincere thanks to David Dunbar, Ron Knoch, Dieter and the entire NADM Crew for putting this event on this year and their big sponsor "D-Tech."
On Friday night, they supplied and cooked everyone their some very good hamburgers, bratwurst and weiners!

--------
John_P
Old 04-12-2009, 01:09 PM
Chapter President

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Great write up John! I echo what John said about the NADM crew and D-Tech, they put on a heck of an event!!
Old 04-12-2009, 01:46 PM

Great write-up and it was indeed a great time. I had a blast!!
Old 04-12-2009, 02:20 PM

Great write up John, It was a blast.
Old 04-12-2009, 07:58 PM
MMMmmmm.... Grits!!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
You mean David broke out of the 13.55 dial in we guessed at? WOW. That is real dang impressive. Man that is an awesome 1st gen. Wish I could have stayed longer to see it all. See you guys at the next one.

Johnner, sorry for the bad luck you had, but it's an awesome thing to see that handshaker of yours rolling down the track in the 12's.

BrianB that truck is sweet! (I still liked it without the fenders)

Chris
Old 04-13-2009, 06:19 AM

The NC18 crew made a great showing and NADM appreciates it.

Congrats to the winners and lets not forget the new cups NADM gave Garmon and Buchanan to drink from Friday night.

May 23rd at Silver Dollar raceway is next on the lists.
Old 04-13-2009, 10:00 AM
Chapter President

Hopefully Jerry will give me some pictures to post up for everyone! Those were very nice trophies from NADM!
Old 04-13-2009, 10:18 AM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Mike D
Hopefully Jerry will give me some pictures to post up for everyone! Those were very nice trophies from NADM!
-----------------------------------------------------------
Yes they were Mike! And David Dunbar did a very nice job in making the presentations to both Jeff and Brian! Sorry we forgot that David! Oh,.....and BTW,......your great Wife (Penny) did a nice job with your surprise birthday party too! Man, that cake was good too!
Old 04-13-2009, 11:08 AM

John P...Timmy Burchette won the ET brackets and I finished 2nd. We had a ball. What a turnout at the Rock..a good time was had by all.
Old 04-13-2009, 12:20 PM

Great job guys. that was a good turnout for the trucks. I didn't have much time to talk and then I had a little carnage on my 1/4 pass Sat afternoon so I hurried home to start the diagnosis process.

Congrats to everyone on the board and their new bests. Some fast trucks for sure.
Old 04-13-2009, 12:53 PM
Chapter President

Ron, Your car is awesome. I loved watching it go down the 1/4!

Congrats on your finish Jay!
Old 04-13-2009, 12:54 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by 6.7 POWER
John P...Timmy Burchette won the ET brackets and I finished 2nd. We had a ball. What a turnout at the Rock..a good time was had by all.
--------------------------
Thanks for the update on the E.T. Class Sir! And congratulations to you and Timmy on your wins too!
Old 04-13-2009, 06:01 PM

sounds like you guys had a great time.i hated missing this but luckily we only got a small dose of rain and were able to work sat.congrats to all
Old 04-13-2009, 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by Mike D
Ron, Your car is awesome. I loved watching it go down the 1/4!

Congrats on your finish Jay!

Thanks Mike. I still need to try and catch up with you guys every now and then. The car was working great. No tuning yet with the new combo and it went 9.62 Fri night. I had some pushrod issues that turned into a bigger mess so she is down right now, but parts have been ordered. Should be ready for pinks.

Congrats again on your new best.
Old 04-13-2009, 06:35 PM
1st Generation Admin

Received 111 Likes on 57 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by RonP
I had some pushrod issues that turned into a bigger mess so she is down right now, but parts have been ordered. Ahouls be ready for pinks.
Yup, sorry you had issues. I checked my FSM later when I got home and couldn't find the method you used to remove that one pushrod. (just kidding ya ).

I want to thank all who worked to make the event possible. Me and my heap had a killer time! (pun intended)

I've got a year I reckon to practice nailing down dial-ins and sticking to it.

I look forward to running with y'all again.

Quick Reply: NADM/Rockingham Results/Aftermath