NCDTR #18 Forum for the North Carolina chapter #18

Drag Racing @ Coastal Plains On Friday 6/3

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2011, 10:14 PM
Administrator

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts
Drag Racing @ Coastal Plains On Friday 6/3

On Friday night, June 3, 2011, Cliff Hutton, and myself along with maybe one or two other diesel trucks are planning on heading out to "Coastal Plains Dragway" in Jacksonville, N.C. for some "test and tune" runs. We have both done more work to our trucks and want to get some "baseline" numbers.
The event begins at 7:00 P.M.

Hope to see some of you out there.

-------
John_P
Old 06-02-2011, 08:13 AM
1st Generation Admin

Received 111 Likes on 57 Posts
John, I would love to go, but I've got no way to pull it home if I brake it.
Old 06-02-2011, 04:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
See ya'll there!
Old 06-02-2011, 09:16 PM

Y'all have a good safe time. Let us know if the results are good.
Old 06-03-2011, 08:25 PM

good luck let us know what happens...
Old 06-04-2011, 01:45 PM
1st Generation Admin

Smile

Whelp, I didn't set any new records for this heap, but then it wasn't a bad night at all.

With a half tank of fuel and a little mess to fix the AC at the beach over the weekend, it managed a couple of 12.9s. A couple of 13.0x. . . . .. ehh.

Initially had major traction issues coming off the line at 25psig boost. Tires spinning and grabbing resulting in the truck jumping all over. Had to get out of it to have it calm down. In one instance, it still pulled off a 1.81 60'.

Launching at less boost . . . . well, . . . results in lower ETs.

The track did improve later in the evening though and going back to 20psig or so launches resulting in better 60's. 1.68 and such.

The BFG AT radials ain't cutting it with the given conditions. Shedding the beach tack, excess fuel, and some slicks would no doubt make things a little quicker.

REGARDLESS, I drove 97 miles to the track, cut-up there some pulling off a couple of high 12's, and then drove to the beach. It was a good night.

Icing on the cake was seeing the other diesel trucks running there. Might have been seven or eight trucks. Saw a few faces I recognized from past events and met a few new folks.

Good stuff.
Old 06-04-2011, 02:07 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by BC847
Whelp, I didn't set any new records for this heap, but then it wasn't a bad night at all.

With a half tank of fuel and a little mess to fix the AC at the beach over the weekend, it managed a couple of 12.9s. A couple of 13.0x. . . . .. ehh.

Initially had major traction issues coming off the line at 25psig boost. Tires spinning and grabbing resulting in the truck jumping all over. Had to get out of it to have it calm down. In one instance, it still pulled off a 1.81 60'.

Launching at less boost . . . . well, . . . results in lower ETs.

The track did improve later in the evening though and going back to 20psig or so launches resulting in better 60's. 1.68 and such.

The BFG AT radials ain't cutting it with the given conditions. Shedding the beach tack, excess fuel, and some slicks would no doubt make things a little quicker.

REGARDLESS, I drove 97 miles to the track, cut-up there some pulling off a couple of high 12's, and then drove to the beach. It was a good night.

Icing on the cake was seeing the other diesel trucks running there. Might have been seven or eight trucks. Saw a few faces I recognized from past events and met a few new folks.

Good stuff.
--------------------------
I agree David,......I had a great time with you guys at CPD last night too!
It was good to see everyone from our NCDTR Crew along with some new faces also. David, you have NOTHING to be disappointed with on your truck as IMO, it is STILL one of the fastest 1st Gen Trucks around here!

My best pass of the night was 11.8@115 MPH with a 1.67 60ft time. BUT,....
my reaction time on that pass was a PERSONAL BEST of .0031!!!
Not bad for an old man!! That time is a little off from some of my previous bests at CPD of 11.4-11.6, but these new injectors Dan Scheid built
for me are much cleaner. I will make some fuel adjustments and may get another tenth or two faster but I was pleased with all the changes we made I was still in the 11's. The much awaited "grudge race" between Cliff
and me never really materialized as they would not let Cliff run the 1/4 mile because he was running slicks on his mainly sled pulling truck. Cliff was allowed to make one 1/4 mile pass and I think the time was 13.0@99 MPH.
He can get in here and give the Members the exact time, but I think that is close.

Anyway,....as always, I had a great time and look forward to the next event.
Thanks to all who came out.

--------
John_P
Old 06-04-2011, 02:29 PM

Josh in the blue dodge

Hey guys it was nice to meet all of you. I loved seeing that 1st gen out there and it was great getting wooped by you John!

My two runs were not as good as I wanted but I am still happy for my first time at the track with a 12.9798 at 106mph with a .5991 reaction and 1.877 60ft time. My next run was 13.090 at 106mph with at .030 reaction and 1.916 60ft.

I had a great time even with cracking my ATS manifold some how. I guess all in all 12.9 for a QCLB 3500 7600 pound truck on 35's if the only thing that breaks is a manifold im happy.

Again it was good to meet you all,
Josh
Old 06-04-2011, 02:51 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by joshua1086
Hey guys it was nice to meet all of you. I loved seeing that 1st gen out there and it was great getting wooped by you John!

My two runs were not as good as I wanted but I am still happy for my first time at the track with a 12.9798 at 106mph with a .5991 reaction and 1.877 60ft time. My next run was 13.090 at 106mph with at .030 reaction and 1.916 60ft.

I had a great time even with cracking my ATS manifold some how. I guess all in all 12.9 for a QCLB 3500 7600 pound truck on 35's if the only thing that breaks is a manifold im happy.

Again it was good to meet you all,
Josh
-----------------------------------
Josh:

Welcome aboard Sir!! Glad to see you found the site alright and became a Member with us here! It was a pleasure to have met you too!

Josh,....as I told you at the track, your truck ran great for how you have it set-up! Like David, you have nothing to be upset about. A few "tweaks" here and there and you can easily be in the low 12's or high 11's! Sorry about your manifold but I will see Mike by Tuesday and will talk with him about it. Be sure to call and talk with him buddy!

---------
John_P
Old 06-04-2011, 02:56 PM

Hey Guys. Nice seeing everyone last night! Like David said "Icing on the cake" getting to watch everyone run their diesel trucks.

Jon - great reaction time on your pass! That was quick man! Next time I will have to leave my slicks at home. But I might bring the bottle

Josh - Great meeting you again man. Definitely a nice looking truck. Sorry again about your manifold.

My best 1/8 mile was ET 8.65 @ 76.7 mph with my reaction time .0882 so I was getting better towards the end of the night. Still need to work of getting off the line. My one 1/4 miles pass was 13.00 @ 99mph.

Definitely a great night. My wife is uploading videos today, so I will post those later. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Cliff
Old 06-04-2011, 06:25 PM
1st Generation Admin

Originally Posted by cliff dodge
Still need to work of getting off the line. My one 1/4 miles pass was 13.00 @ 99mph.
Wasn't that the pass where I ran you, and you pushed through the brakes?

Yeah, I'm still blowing soot/snot from my nose.
Old 06-09-2011, 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by John_P
--------------------------
I agree David,......I had a great time with you guys at CPD last night too!
It was good to see everyone from our NCDTR Crew along with some new faces also. David, you have NOTHING to be disappointed with on your truck as IMO, it is STILL one of the fastest 1st Gen Trucks around here!

My best pass of the night was 11.8@115 MPH with a 1.67 60ft time. BUT,....
my reaction time on that pass was a PERSONAL BEST of .0031!!!
Not bad for an old man!! That time is a little off from some of my previous bests at CPD of 11.4-11.6, but these new injectors Dan Scheid built
for me are much cleaner. I will make some fuel adjustments and may get another tenth or two faster but I was pleased with all the changes we made I was still in the 11's. The much awaited "grudge race" between Cliff
and me never really materialized as they would not let Cliff run the 1/4 mile because he was running slicks on his mainly sled pulling truck. Cliff was allowed to make one 1/4 mile pass and I think the time was 13.0@99 MPH.
He can get in here and give the Members the exact time, but I think that is close.

Anyway,....as always, I had a great time and look forward to the next event.
Thanks to all who came out.

--------
John_P
This bad air we've been having isn't helping you either.
It's amazing how much difference good air makes in ET.

I need to get my sled back out to the track with you John so I can get a rematch on your 2006
Old 06-10-2011, 08:05 PM
Chapter President

Dang, i miss everything. Glad you all had a good time, I miss running down at coastal plains. Great reaction time John!
Old 06-12-2011, 06:31 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by iracemx6
This bad air we've been having isn't helping you either.
It's amazing how much difference good air makes in ET.

I need to get my sled back out to the track with you John so I can get a rematch on your 2006
-----------------------------
David:

Hey buddy, good to see you posting here! Thanks for your phone call too!

We definitely need to get our trucks out there again.
Old 06-12-2011, 06:32 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by Mike D
Dang, i miss everything. Glad you all had a good time, I miss running down at coastal plains. Great reaction time John!
------------
Thanks Mike!!

Quick Reply: Drag Racing @ Coastal Plains On Friday 6/3