NCDTR #18 Forum for the North Carolina chapter #18

April 12th 2008, Mopars at the Rock!

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2008, 09:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by sqrl$$
"The Lexington boys interested in another convoy?"

Works for me, let me know when and where.

Tad
The gas station at the intersection of I85 and 64 has 500ppm diesel and lots of parking space. My brother and I will be filling up there and rolling out down 64. Might be a good meeting spot since its a half mile from my house, I wont' have to back track. We'll eat in Rockingham at Shoney's when we get there. You guys can do whatever you like though, I sure won't be offended. I'm gonna be stoked and runnin on adrenaline and diesel fumes for sure.
Old 01-09-2008, 09:29 PM

Keegan, what time and we will be there? I got a couple more trucks and friends that are probably going to come too!
Old 01-09-2008, 10:02 PM

We'll probably get fuel around 6:15 and hit the road around 6:30a. Should take about 90 minutes to Rockingham. Eat at Shoney's, meet and greet, and leave out for the track in convoy at about 8:45 putting us in the check in lanes at 9AM. That gives a little under an hour for tech inspections and for those showing to get signed up before the first time trial rounds.
Old 01-09-2008, 10:39 PM

I know I will be there for sure and probably everyone else too. Doubt I'll run cause I'm pretty sure I won't have a tranny by then .....work has slacked off a good bit for me but should pick back up soon. Atleast this time I will remember to charge the battery on the stupid camcorder
Old 01-10-2008, 05:49 AM

Originally Posted by UnrulyNFS
We actually park all the trucks together right behind the tower and next to the staging lanes as part of the show. You can show, race, talk or spectate. Do anything you like. The benefit is that you can keep food and drinks in your vehicle and not have to pay for food. That alone pays for the ticket to get into the show. It used to be 20 and included 2 people(A few got in with 4 people last year, no extra charge), I can't remember what we payed last year. I'm gonna bring an EZ up and chairs and probably a gas grill.
Do you show for both days or could you leave that night. Do you rember the price for kids? I have wanted to go to the Rock for about 10 years and this is the first year I might actually make it. Also do you know or reccomend any camp grounds near by. Really looking forward to it now knowing we will be pat of the show guess I need to wash the ole girl and shine up the stacks.
Old 01-10-2008, 08:13 AM

Directions

where is this going exactly. i see something near rockingham. i would like to be there, but will have to wait until march to see what my work schedule will be like in april. thanks
Old 01-10-2008, 08:14 AM

never mind, i was confusing it with the one on the coast.
Old 01-10-2008, 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by 74dart
Do you show for both days or could you leave that night. Do you rember the price for kids? I have wanted to go to the Rock for about 10 years and this is the first year I might actually make it. Also do you know or reccomend any camp grounds near by. Really looking forward to it now knowing we will be pat of the show guess I need to wash the ole girl and shine up the stacks.
Its a one day deal. So you don't have to leave your truck. You don't even have to register to show. Heck, the judges have figured out that if they can't find a Dodge truck to judge, its probably going down the dragstrip. So just cuz your parked with the trucks in the show area, its a club thing and you can do what you want. Some guys went out to get gas and came back without any hassle last year. Try walking out the gate and see if you get let back in. I will say, that you will be surprised at who gets a trophy sometimes. Some guys who just came to have a good time and cleaned their truck for the heck of it have walked away winners. One thing is for sure. WE HAVE A BLAST EVERY YEAR.
Old 01-11-2008, 08:13 AM
Administrator

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by UnrulyNFS
Its a one day deal. So you don't have to leave your truck. You don't even have to register to show. Heck, the judges have figured out that if they can't find a Dodge truck to judge, its probably going down the dragstrip. So just cuz your parked with the trucks in the show area, its a club thing and you can do what you want. Some guys went out to get gas and came back without any hassle last year. Try walking out the gate and see if you get let back in. I will say, that you will be surprised at who gets a trophy sometimes. Some guys who just came to have a good time and cleaned their truck for the heck of it have walked away winners. One thing is for sure. WE HAVE A BLAST EVERY YEAR.
-----------
I agree with 100% with what Keegan has said. The "Show and Shine" at many of these events make no sense to me at all, but what do I know right?
My pristine 96' has been in alot of them and I have only won once in the last five years. Like Keegan said, "you will be surprised at who gets a trophy sometimes." Believe me, I am not complaining or whining here, just making an observation on how they judge these events. I have pretty much quit entering my 96' in the events because it just seems like a waste of my time. The drag racing is more fun anyway. But also like Keegan noted, we DO have a blast every year! No doubt about that.

--------
John_P
Old 01-11-2008, 03:32 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You mentioned something about a tech inspection. Do we have to have anything special to run, ie helmets, rollcages, fireextinguishers, etc.?
Old 01-11-2008, 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by sqrl$$
You mentioned something about a tech inspection. Do we have to have anything special to run, ie helmets, rollcages, fireextinguishers, etc.?
Good question!!!! I would like to know that myself since I might run for the heck of it. Got an EZ and Smarty coming so I think I would be alright with just that, enough smoke to not make me look like an idiot for trying and not to much to kill the beast either like I did with my Juice and Smarty.
Old 01-11-2008, 08:21 PM

im in

sign me up ill be there.
Old 01-12-2008, 08:42 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Checking the calendar, this one has always been fun!!!!
Old 01-12-2008, 08:57 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My schedule is going to be goofy for the next few months because I'm in training for a control room job at work,,,,, but I can say that I'm 98% sure I'll be there. I've got all my vacation days open so there will NOT be another "get off work at midnight and drive to the Rock" trip like last time.
Old 01-12-2008, 01:59 PM

Ah, and I was gonna use my big semi horn to wake you up in the back of your truck this time.

Quick Reply: April 12th 2008, Mopars at the Rock!