Natl. and Regional Chapters / Special Events Discuss events and rallies here. Also discuss your local and regional chapters.

Waco Area "Press Release"

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2005, 09:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Waco Area "Press Release"

From the "Elm Mott Enquirer":

"Rumors have been reported that in the quest for NeedMoPower... that Dynamic Motor Trends has sponsored NeedMoPower and his Twin Powered 1st Gen Project.. This joining of powers was concluded to get both Dynamic Motor Trends and NeedMoPower further down the road, and not leave this project "stranded on the side of the road.." After many hours of analyzing the conditions of the truck, a plan has been formed and these two should have the Twin Powered 1st Gen, in gear and back on track (or road) in no time.

Sponsorship includes... Free towing.. and storage... (oil drips, drops, puddles and spare parts will be charged accordingly..)
Anonymous"

I just thought I should pass on this rumor that was going on...
Bryan
Old 07-26-2005, 09:48 AM

To put it plainly.....
The transmisison took a crap on me. I'll be purchasing a nv4500 conversion kit on saturday. Special thanks to my sponsor Bryan at Dynamic Motor Trends for the shop space, assistance in removing the tranny, and for having an understanding wife even though she cant appreciate a good toy when she sees it.
Old 07-26-2005, 09:50 AM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LMAO

Glad it was "only" the tranny.
Old 07-26-2005, 03:01 PM

Originally posted by NeedMoPower

To put it plainly.....
The transmisison took a crap on me.
I think it was just trying to get even... All the attention you have been giving it...
Old 07-26-2005, 04:05 PM
Chapter President

Bryan,

Not hijacking your thread, but I took the EZ off. Still a little low end stutter, but no smoke. I forgot how much difference the EZ made, working right or not.
I sent an email to Edge about it and the low boost, but haven't heard anything.

I think while it's still cool in the morning, I may take the map sensor out and see what it looks like. I called the International place in McKinney about geting a new one, but they said it was a Dogde part...
Old 07-26-2005, 04:16 PM

**** you couldnt even make it all the way back with all that power those twins were making.
I thought I remember you saying that if that tranny ever went out that you would go back with an auto?
Old 07-26-2005, 04:52 PM

Yeah, thats what I did say, but it's just not feasible at this point in time. I dont have any of the necessary parts and I just bought a southbend FE so i better put it to good use.
Old 07-26-2005, 04:54 PM

Originally posted by crobtex
Bryan,

I called the International place in McKinney about geting a new one, but they said it was a Dogde part...
Intertrashanal... That that would explain it... Try the Cummins dealer.. I think I have the number on a key chain around here somewhere.. That is a good thing to check after looking at your turbo.. I sure didn't like the way it looked... did someone before you have a K&N or an oil type filter in it??? Because it acts like its slow to spool, and then defueling at 22psi..
Let me know what you hear from Edge...

2k1yzfr1
That did come up in the discussion... hhhmmm... 11sec first gen... now that could be fun...
but he already bought a new clutch.. and full tilt auto is pricey.... He's got a few days..

Bryan
Old 07-26-2005, 05:09 PM
Chapter President

Bryan,
I thought I sent you an email about the turbo. I had forgot until on the way home, that at one time I had a K&N in there and I probably over oiled it when cleaning. How is a good way to clean up the turbo? WD 40 and a cotton swab?

The IH place just happens to be a lot closer, and does carry all my filters. I have to drive through Dallas traffic to get to the Cummins place.
Old 07-26-2005, 07:39 PM

Pm me about what part you need and ill see if I can get you a deal on it.
Old 07-26-2005, 08:07 PM
Chapter President

Thanks Cory,

I'm going to take it out in the morning and clean it. If that doesn't help, I'll get with you and we'll go from there.