Natl. and Regional Chapters / Special Events Discuss events and rallies here. Also discuss your local and regional chapters.

Time for a Chapter 7 meeting people

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2005, 07:20 AM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Time for a Chapter 7 meeting people

Well, now that the surgery is behind me, but not the bills, I am ready to have a meeting somewhere. The surgery went way better than I expected by the way, the pain is gone and the numbness is about 90 percent gone too (in case you care).
Since we had to put off the 3'rd annual Claremont meeting, I would like to have a meet and eat somewhere to discuss having it later on in the year when the current blast furnace temps have faded a little. I need to get over to Tims place and get the head torqued on mine and find out what is coming apart on my clutch. There is a little metal piece hanging out of the gap between the bell housing and the adapter plate that kinda concerns me a little.

Anyway, does anyone have any preferences for a meeting place and a date?

Joel
Old 07-21-2005, 12:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How about, If Tim is OK with it, another wrench day at his shop?

Turn some wrenches if needed, talk a lot then go down and have some Mongolian BBQ and turn some wrenches some more.

I'm open any weekend from now till Sept.

How about it Tim??? Ready for us again???
Old 07-22-2005, 07:41 PM

Sounds like fun to me. I'm busy the weekend of the 20th but any other time works..
Old 07-24-2005, 01:44 PM
DTR Advertiser

I am game for another meet. Lets try to set a date but give me a few weeks heads up. Are we still gonna do Claremont in Sept? I have a place in Va Beach with a dyno and a lot of space that wants to have us also. Tim
Old 07-25-2005, 06:46 AM
Administrator

That sounds good. We can talk about the Va beach thing when we get together and see if we want to have one or both. Sounds like we would have more in attendance with the dyno location.
Old 07-25-2005, 09:41 PM

Hello
Everything sounds good to me(us).
Our plans are the 25th of Aug to head up to Schields and come home on the 29th of Aug.
and then we are planning on going to Commerce Georgia for the Mopar Meet the 9th and 10 th of Sept.

We are also hoping to make some plans of racing and dynoing down here in NC in Sept or Oct. I still need to talk to some key players and figure out when would be the best time.
Maybe we could have some of the fast running yankee trucks come down and see if they can keep up with some of these fast running rebel trucks.

No harm intended, just good fun.
See Ya
Chris
Old 07-29-2005, 09:27 PM

Hello
SO when are we getting together?

No harm meant, just me being a smart (you know what)
Looking forward to seeing everyone. Do you think Jack will show up?

See Ya
Chris
Old 07-30-2005, 08:48 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Jack WHO?

I don't have any suggestions for dates due to me being back on rotating shift work which includes weekends too. All I can do is wait for the rest of the folks to pick a date and then I'll see if I can arrange the day(s) off. I do have a week of vacation starting on the 22nd of August and will probably pull the 5er up to the mountains,,,, either up to Waynesboro or maybe down to around Wytheville so I can pop over and see Top in Bluefield.
Old 08-02-2005, 12:22 PM

Let's Go We are ready for Miles away. Just got back from vacation to upper Maine,Canada Place temp was low 50's PM low 80 in the day and no humidity . Love to live their in the summer.
Old 08-05-2005, 07:26 PM

Thought i would bring this back to the top, anybody decided on a date to turn some wrenches and have lunch.
Old 08-06-2005, 09:41 AM
Administrator

I go back to work Monday (YUK), after five weeks of medical leave, so I will check and see how serious they are about sending me to Connecticut to one of our sister stations and when. I will recommend several dates from there based on everyones input and schedule. I really missed the third annual round up this year. I was really looking forward to it but sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do. I feel about 95% better and once I get all the bills paid, I would still like to have the roundup, only in much cooler weather if everyone is interested.
Keep posting your unavailable dates and I will draw up a calender and pick some dates.

Also, need to see if and when Tim can suport a bunch of trucks showing up or meet somewhere else. I still need the first re-torque done on the head and the valves adjusted. (Hint hint Tim)
Old 08-06-2005, 08:27 PM
DTR Advertiser

Joel call me and we will get your head torked we dont have to have a meet for that. I would like to take you to the shop that wants to have us for a dyno event while you are here. Tim
Old 08-06-2005, 08:34 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey Joel,
Give me a shout when ya go down to Tim's and I'll ride down with ya if I ain't working. ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, First,,, I guess I should ask Tim if I can come,,,,,,,,, Hey Tim,,,,
Old 08-07-2005, 05:24 PM

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts
Can I come????? I ain't a member yet. See ya Monday, Mill Stone?

You became a member as soon as you turned the form over to me. Welcome aboard and enjoy.
Old 08-08-2005, 10:36 AM
Administrator

Originally posted by Boatnik
Can I come????? I ain't a member yet. See ya Monday, Mill Stone?
Gee, the truck in that sig seems vaugely familiar. Could it be?

https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...cat=525&page=1

Quick Reply: Time for a Chapter 7 meeting people