Natl. and Regional Chapters / Special Events Discuss events and rallies here. Also discuss your local and regional chapters.
View Poll Results: What Weekend?
August 25
23.08%
Labor Day
76.92%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Texas DTR Chapter #8 - August Meet

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2007, 11:04 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by AggieJustin
BTW, I saw your Mach 4s just went back into the classifieds.
Yup! He PM'ed me this am and I suggested that.... since I had three serious offers within two hrs. of listing them! Never even installed them?? Maybe money issues.

RJ
Old 08-09-2007, 12:28 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Diesel-Dan
Nope...i have been flying solo up here since March of '06 to be honest. Seen Kerri about 10 times in the last year and a half.....She is staying with my folks at the moment because she has a good job we hate to loose right now. We want to get ahead a little first.

BUT the DHRA event is prob what the ticket needs to be used for. I forgot about that one......anyone got dates?

Ok, I didn't know that! I thought yall bought a new house etc. and she moved up there and was working somewhere else now.

DHRA weekend is Oct. 13-14th...http://www.dhraonline.com/texas07.php

I chose not to work the Texas State Fair this year (and last) so that I could go to this. I hope you can make it down!

and I hate to hear yall may be making plans for Labor day now I definately can't make it to any Labor Day DTR event.
Old 08-09-2007, 02:13 PM
Chapter President

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So I guess it's just going to be my group and a Schoolbus at DeLeon
Old 08-09-2007, 03:18 PM

OK guys....I think i am leaning towards saving the ticket for DHRA Houston....SO don’t make any special plans over me for that weekend. I have been batting it around in my head for the last day...and I think i need to spend time with the wife.....as much as I want Anamia's Tex-Mex, stimulating diesel discussions and installs, and bashing a few chords on the old 6 sting with my friend……...dude.....i should come back.....haha.....
Old 08-09-2007, 04:01 PM

If you have the TCI Jetta up there you could come down and back for under $50.00! Just a thought.

Or is Kerri coming up there?

RJ
Old 08-09-2007, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by RowJ
If you have the TCI Jetta up there you could come down and back for under $50.00! Just a thought.

Or is Kerri coming up there?

RJ
She is flying up here for the 3 day weekend....
Old 08-09-2007, 10:53 PM
Chapter President

OK, even if Dan can't make it, let's go ahead and shoot for Labor Day weekend. Who knows, it may even be a little cooler. Also, if the drought has really broken, we should have a little rain around then.

I'll fix fajitas if everyone will fork over the $$ to help cover the costs. About $10 a head should cover it. (make that $20 for mike and evan )

Let's start getting a head count.

On a side note, Rob and I are going to Olatha, KS Saturday morning to pick me up another slide in camper. I got in touch with Chrisryn, and he and maybe a few others are going to meet up with us on Saturday afternoon. It'll be nice to put more faces with names.
Old 08-10-2007, 01:51 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
OK guys....I think i am leaning towards saving the ticket for DHRA Houston....SO don’t make any special plans over me for that weekend. I have been batting it around in my head for the last day...and I think i need to spend time with the wife.....as much as I want Anamia's Tex-Mex, stimulating diesel discussions and installs, and bashing a few chords on the old 6 sting with my friend……...dude.....i should come back.....haha.....

Dan that is great! I am looking forward to seeing you down there. I don't know what the plans are going to be this far in advance.....if we are staying at Tyler's or what.........but if there is a need I will be glad to bring the Toyhauler. I guess that discussion will be for another thread....but I am just excited it will work out for you for the DHRA weekend!
Old 08-10-2007, 06:53 AM
Chapter President

FYI..........Tyler is going to try to make it.
Old 08-10-2007, 08:45 AM

WELP....im staying up here after talking to everyone from Tyler to Charlie.....haha....as much as i will hate to miss it......AND thanks for twisting the knife charlie with the fajitas........

BUT the way I look at it....in houston...My time is not spread between my fam and other friends....so i will get to hang from Fri night to Sun......so.....

Things will change when my wife gets up here and i have a 50 MPG Jetta to drive.......
Old 08-10-2007, 09:33 AM
Chapter President

Yep, Houston will be a lot of fun. Tyler's Mom and Dad are always good hosts. Let's just hope we get to the races on time and that we don't get drowned out! Also, make sure we have the right parts.......
Old 08-10-2007, 10:33 AM

...Things will change when my wife gets up here and i have a 50 MPG Jetta to drive.......
Yeah! It will be the only FASS equipped, diesel Jetta in the U.S. of A!

Don't blame you for waiting for Houston... sorry we'll miss you.

So, CR.... we back on for the weekend of the 25th?

RJ
Old 08-10-2007, 10:36 AM
Chapter President

Originally Posted by RowJ
So, CR.... we back on for the weekend of the 25th?

RJ
This is getting confusing.........lets take a poll.
Old 08-10-2007, 10:41 AM
Chapter President

Poll Added!
Old 08-10-2007, 10:53 AM

Sorry about that....was just asking! (Missed your late night post )Either one good for me.
Poll is good way to do it!!

I voted for Labor Day... just cause Tyler's already set it up (with work... I guess)? And Justin might be free!

RJ

Quick Reply: Texas DTR Chapter #8 - August Meet