Natl. and Regional Chapters / Special Events Discuss events and rallies here. Also discuss your local and regional chapters.
View Poll Results: What Weekend?
August 25
23.08%
Labor Day
76.92%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Texas DTR Chapter #8 - August Meet

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2007, 12:51 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I was just mentioning Lake Murray because Justin brought it up. IT would make an awesome place for a FUTURE N. Texas DTR GTG if there was enough interest.
Old 08-28-2007, 12:55 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
One more thing....

Houston DHRA is coming up in October. Is there any interest in me bringing down the Toyhauler to Baytown? Tyler's parent's place is a LOOOOONGG way from Baytown. Would yall be interested in "meeting" there on site??

I need to make reservations. Im not pulling it down just for me, myself and I. But personally, I would rather stay close to all the events.
Old 08-28-2007, 07:23 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by XLR8R
I think anything more than a few years old is interchangeable among the 8-lugs.
The Ford wheels are all hub-centric.... and the 98's and up won't fit.
Earlier Fords and all Chevys are about 1/8" too small to fit over the axle. Chevys will work if you open up the hole... so I've read.
But have also been told the latter Chevys will not fit due to lots of negative off-set??
Ford wheels take the unilug style nut....Dodge takes the Acorn stlye nut.

RJ
Old 08-28-2007, 08:31 AM

Originally Posted by crobtex
I've ordered up a chilly 95* with a 20% chance of rain.
as of this AM... Weather Bug has decreased the chance of rain some. Lets hope. Will be cooler than normal...highs around 90*!
Old 08-28-2007, 08:54 AM
Chapter President

Originally Posted by RowJ
as of this AM... Weather Bug has decreased the chance of rain some. Lets hope. Will be cooler than normal...highs around 90*!
For those of you that plan on sleeping out, bring some kind of cover. It's cooling off real well after dark and feels almost chilly before daylight. At night, it'a a lot cooler out here than in town.
Old 08-28-2007, 09:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Ford wheels are all hub-centric.... and the 98's and up won't fit.
Earlier Fords and all Chevys are about 1/8" too small to fit over the axle. Chevys will work if you open up the hole... so I've read.
But have also been told the latter Chevys will not fit due to lots of negative off-set??
Ford wheels take the unilug style nut....Dodge takes the Acorn stlye nut.

RJ
Ok so I need dodge rims
Old 08-28-2007, 11:20 AM
Chapter President

Since some of you are worse than a four YO (you know who your) so I'm going to send out daily notices on what you need to bring.

* Bedding, tent and whatever else you need to rest comfortably. No toilet facilities, but an outside shower will be available.

* Your own drinks and snacks. If you don't plan on buying in on the fajitas Saturday night, you will need to bring more than snacks. There are a couple of places to eat down the road, but I don't know what their holiday schedules are.

* Lawn chair or whatever else you want to sit on. An Easy Up or any other kind of canopy that will provide shade.

* Any specialty tools or parts you might need. There is no place closer than 15 or 20 miles to get what you might need. I have a floor jack, stands, a couple of bottle jacks and a compressor. BrIan is also bringing his air jack.

* Plan to stay long enough to help clean up. This place ain't much, but I do my best...........

* If you plan on drinking beer or booze, plan on staying. There is a strict no drinking and driving rule up here.

* If you need directions, PM me.

If I missed something, let me know............
Old 08-28-2007, 11:49 AM

Oh and bring ALL your extra oil for the FIRE!!!

j/k Charlie
Old 08-28-2007, 11:56 AM

I'll bring the music

~Rob
Old 08-28-2007, 11:57 AM

There aren't any wheels anywhere!!! Tons of dang ford and chevys though!! Found a set wrapped in 285s and they sold like 5mins before my call!!

Ugg.. Patience is not a strong point of mine...
Old 08-28-2007, 12:04 PM
Chapter President

Originally Posted by hotdram
I'll bring the music

~Rob
Old 08-28-2007, 01:03 PM
Chapter President

Since some of you are worse than a four YO (you know who your) so I'm going to send out daily notices on what you need to bring.

* Bedding, tent and whatever else you need to rest comfortably. No toilet facilities, but an outside shower will be available. Towels will not be furnished.

* Your own drinks and snacks. If you don't plan on buying in on the fajitas Saturday night, you will need to bring more than snacks. There are a couple of places to eat down the road, but I don't know what their holiday schedules are.

* Lawn chair or whatever else you want to sit on. An Easy Up or any other kind of canopy that will provide shade.

* Any specialty tools or parts you might need. There is no place closer than 15 or 20 miles to get what you might need. I have a floor jack, stands, a couple of bottle jacks and a compressor. BrIan is also bringing his air jack.

* Plan to stay long enough to help clean up. This place ain't much, but I do my best...........

* If you plan on drinking beer or booze, plan on staying. There is a strict no drinking and driving rule up here.

Old 08-28-2007, 01:33 PM

Mr President!
Just meet a new DTR member that lives about 20 +/_ miles S.E. of you (near a lake) and may come out Saturday.
Name - Dale Hudson. very nice guy
CTD - 04 Grey Stock Automatic

Gave Dale directions and your Cell #, in case he gets lost.... but said he knew where Westminster is; - that impressed me!

If this thread does not scare him away.... would be nice addition to our group!

RJ
Old 08-28-2007, 03:22 PM
Chapter President

Mr President!
Just meet a new DTR member that lives about 20 +/_ miles S.E. of you (near a lake) and may come out Saturday.
Name - Dale Hudson. very nice guy
CTD - 04 Grey Stock Automatic

Gave Dale directions and your Cell #, in case he gets lost.... but said he knew where Westminster is; - that impressed me!

If this thread does not scare him away.... would be nice addition to our group!

RJ
Sounds good. I hope he makes it.
Old 08-29-2007, 07:15 AM
Chapter President

* Bedding, tent and whatever else you need to rest comfortably. No toilet facilities, but an outside shower will be available. Towels will not be furnished.

Quick Reply: Texas DTR Chapter #8 - August Meet