Natl. and Regional Chapters / Special Events Discuss events and rallies here. Also discuss your local and regional chapters.

So cal DTR meet and eat and greet...

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2005, 07:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gerry,
Everyone thats coming is pretty much a new member, as I just got this thing up and running recently. Come on down if you feel like making the drive to ventura!
Scott
Old 07-17-2005, 09:11 PM

Originally posted by DustyRock
Wifey says she will go. Talked to Scott sounds like he is bringing his Fiance also. Probably give the gals a chance to go over the latest/best husband BOMBs.
hehehe My wife is coming. We just need to let someone borrow the kids for the weekend.
Old 07-17-2005, 10:13 PM

It'll be her discussing fiance BOMB's... as we aren't married for another 3 months, but its all good Tommorow is the last day of a 16 day straight stretch of workimng.. 11 hrs each day.. Im ready for some time off.. so Im gonna just tell em Im not working saturday
Scott
Old 07-18-2005, 07:56 PM

only about 100 miles for me.... I'll see if I can get out of here for the evening.... should be no problem...
Old 07-18-2005, 08:18 PM

Gerry:
Great...... looks like we are getting more trucks everyday. The weather has been Great and in the high 70s at the beach with the sun shining in the afternoon. Should be a good time.
Old 07-18-2005, 08:43 PM

I think the fiance and I might go up there mid morning, just to cruise the pier and stuff before the meet and greet, make a day of it.. anyone else that would like to ocme a long, shoot me a pm.
Scott
Old 07-19-2005, 10:16 PM

Ok, its official, Stacey and I will be there. We are going out there probably around 9-10am so anyone that wants to join us, feel free I'll be at the restuant/parking area around 3pm.. Look for a molten red/silver lower striped long bed 4x4 quad cab ctd, and you'll find me. I'll be bringing along some some membership forms and my business cards for anyone that needs them.
Scott
Old 07-22-2005, 08:24 PM

Went to Ventura today to check it out. I advise that if you are used to inland temps then you should bring a jacket or wind breaker. It was in the 70s and the breeze was blowing. It was like standing in front of a giant air conditioner. It felt good but it will get chilly. Yep I am bringing a jacket. Also I am going to bring a couple of folding chairs to sit on. See ya all tomorrow. Should be a good time.

Dusty
Old 07-22-2005, 11:31 PM

Dusty,
Thanks for checking it out.. I'll grab a couple folding chairs as well, just in case, and Ive told the fiance to grab a sweatshirt or jacket
Scott
Old 07-24-2005, 09:27 PM

Me too....sitter backed out at the last minute. I'll definitely be at the next get -together......
Old 07-24-2005, 09:43 PM

Well guys, the first meet and greet was a success in my book. It was great to meet dusty rock., buckshotmckee, and Gerry... Dusty and Buckshotmckee brought thier wonderful wives, and my fiance came with me, and Gerry was solo.. besides having issues with buckshot getting what he ordered, everything went well. The fiance wasn't exactly thrilled with how long it took me to get back to the truck from the time she went over there to warm up... it was a rough rest of the night, but she got over it I had a great time, and got quite a few ideas for mods now Im going to start working on another meet for next month, maybe sooner! Thanks for showing up guys!

Total count was 4 trucks and 7 people.. parking was a bit tight, but we figured it out eventually According to my calculations, I averaged 19.7 mpg for the entire trip.. not too shabby!

Scott
Old 07-24-2005, 10:27 PM

Thanks Scott! For gettin the get together up and runnin. It was a real pleasure to meet everyone. Sorry to hear about your misses. Me and my wife had a great time, a nice getaway weekend. I cant wait for the next one. Surprisingly my wife had a good time. And get this, she's ready for the next one.

P.S. What was so difficult about a plain cheeseburger?

Tye
Old 07-24-2005, 10:30 PM

Tye,
No worries about the misses.. it wasnt a big deal she had a good time up till she got cold and tired, which in turn probably made her a bit cranky, but its ok.. it was quickly dealt with, and we're still getting married Glad you had a good time.. Im ready for the next one too! Im thinking pismo campout??
Scott

Quick Reply: So cal DTR meet and eat and greet...