Natl. and Regional Chapters / Special Events Discuss events and rallies here. Also discuss your local and regional chapters.

OBX Bounty Hunter Diesel Drags-Results

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2007, 05:12 PM
Administrator

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by squirlchasr919
Thanks for the replys Mike and John, I did make is sound a bit negative, but that was how I felt after it happened. The more I had a chance to "cool down" and think about it the more I was sorry I put up the negative remarks. Thank you for cleaning that up by the way, what is important was the event itself and the popularity of diesel performance, not my slighted view at the time.

I'll be sure to approach everyone at the next event with an open mind. It looks like with Buck and Jess living so close to that track, they will be trying to make a diesel event a part of the regular schedule? With any luck I'll be able to get my own truck down there and give you guys a decent run.

Thanks again, and I'll see all you guys next time.
---------------------------------------------------------
No problem at all buddy!!

You are right, Buck and Jess will probably do this again, and I will definitely be in attendance too!

And get up with me at the next event and we will be glad to show you the trucks, engines etc. and I will be glad to help you with your 12 valve.

-------
John_P
Old 03-25-2007, 05:14 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by 35" 05'
No prob. once again John. Like I said Ive got good pictures and videos from you John jr. and many others on the other camera. mostly same ones as I have but made sure to get them twice........Now you'll have to thank my girlfriend Angela for that one .
ohhh. and its just my digital camera so no disks or tapes... Just record, download on computer and erase. BUT, I will still take donations called.....Turbo needed for camera man!!!
------------------------
CHET:

My thanks to Angela too!

And we WILL work on that donation thing!

--------
John_P
Old 03-25-2007, 06:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
guys not really sure were to start i hope everyone had a great time the track owner was very happy with the race aqnd wants us back,with any luck this will become an annual outlaw event with not only drags but sled pulls and perhaps mudbogs next year...there have been lists of sponsors in other threads and they surely deserve a great hand becuase without there money we could not have pulled it off.but more importantly a big thanks goes to every one who attended and participated in this event without you guys the show would have been lacking,you each played an important roll in the success of this event..congrats to stuckey racing for the first place win and jeff garmon for the second,buck spruill got the third via the redlight over chris sutton in the nadp truck in 4th.5th goes to darren morrison with 6th i beleive going to russle hilton but i may be our very on john porterfield,by the way thank you john for helping complete our field of prostreet trucks i heard the comments fans had they liked that your truck was driven in off the street without your truck we would not off had a complete field and yes jeff did get you but he had to work to win that put his truck to the test and proved he deseved to be were he ended up.i finished out in 8th with a 7.65 pass not my best but it was a conservative tune with some nos...i will say this prostreet rocks the feeling of racing one of this guys down the strip makes me see why they do it.thanks to all who attended and we hope to have you back next year....on a final note the guy that came down from ohio and won our bracket race said when i asked if we could exspect them back next year he said he was gonna plan his vacation around it,that made me feel like we had a success...thanks again
Old 03-25-2007, 06:46 PM

My thanks go out to Jess and Buck Spruill for putting on nothing short of a great time. Always great to get around a good group of guys that live for and can appreciate the same thing; diesel trucks. My congrats go out to John_P for showing us all how a street truck should run in his personal best 1/8 mile time. Banshee, as well, was a sight to see rowing through the gears. He probably should have been on the crew team at NC state.
squirlchasr919, i would have been more than happy to show you anything of mine, just got to ask. I have no secrets! Maybe well see you at another event and i would be glad to pop my hood.
BD
Old 03-25-2007, 08:46 PM

Hello

Jess/Buck
Thank you for a great event, we really enjoyed attending.

All

my feelings are hurt, I had a dirty blue truck hooked to a Goose neck trailer and no one wanted to look under the hood.

Maybe next year we can race trucks hooked up to trailers.
I hauled Geoffrey's truck up to the race and even got to haul it back home. He has a 1999 2500 that gets the best fuel mileage I have ever seen, we drove roughly 260 miles and his truck didn't use any fuel.

Thanks again for putting on a great event, I walked around and talked to about every diesel head I could find and enjoyed every minute.

See Ya
Chris
Old 03-25-2007, 09:33 PM

more vids are up labeled OTHER behind it! more are waiting approval.

JOHN. These videos are a little clearer than mine thanks to Ang's new Panosonic digital camera
Old 03-25-2007, 10:35 PM
Administrator

Thanks Chet, I will go check them out.

--------
John_P
Old 03-25-2007, 10:38 PM

actually john. i dont know if their up yet. i checked a min ago.......... im soo excited about the rock!!! just thinkin about it
Old 03-25-2007, 10:40 PM
Administrator

CHET:

I am looking forward to MATR too!

I just went over to your link and didn't see the "Other" videos yet. They will get them on there soon. Thanks!

-------
John_P
Old 03-25-2007, 10:44 PM

no prob john!! man u stay up later than any other one on here . We need to get together one night!!
Old 03-26-2007, 05:55 AM

Many thanks to Jess and Buck for putting together this event and for all the sponsors who put up some impressive prize money. Thanks to the track owners for putting on a smooth running even at a very nice facility as well. It was certainly a lot more than I was expecting! I felt quite rusty missing all those shifts out there, but I was quite happy with the 8.06 pass!
Old 03-26-2007, 03:47 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Absolutely Awsome JP!!!!!!!!

John,

Nice job, getting ahead of a Pro street truck!! AWSOME buddy!! Congrats to John Jr too!!! I am sorry I missed it, Rei made it through his surgery with flying colors too. We are looking forward to MATR!!