Natl. and Regional Chapters / Special Events Discuss events and rallies here. Also discuss your local and regional chapters.

North Texas Group....October 13, 14th,15th Event...Houston bound!

Old 09-07-2006, 02:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm going to try to make it. I plan on taking my own truck. By the way I just moved to the Dallas area from Houston. I was wondering how often ya'll meet and where?
Old 09-07-2006, 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by derek840378
what is the texas mile? is it like a mile long drag race? like a super hi-performance competition like 0-200-0 or big bend road race? sounds like fun!
HAHA....Man i have see some of the Rigs being built for the Big Bend Road race out in Alpine.....that is one cool race.......

The Texas Mile is basicly a air stip that is no longer used near Goliad, Texas. They just have a top speed run to see how fast you can go in one mile IIRC. I want to say a mag made this big a few years back...and now its an annual (Or Bianual) thing now.......Never been.....just read about it....would be cool to see.

Saw dates for the end of Oct on the web site......www.texasmile.com
Old 09-07-2006, 02:53 PM

Well guys, its been getting pretty boring out here on the ranch lately on the weekends, so maybe, just maybe, I might be able to make it for that trip. Won't know the work schedule until a few weeks before, but as of now, I can probably make it.
Old 09-07-2006, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by Diesel_Dan
Saw dates for the end of Oct on the web site......www.texasmile.com
this is sick
http://www.texasmile.com/257.117.WMV
Old 09-07-2006, 03:24 PM

I think someone has a copy of my race schedule because yet again that weekend is the one weekend out of the month that races are scheduled near houston. I may just run the endurance on saturday and then catch up with you guys. I'll have to wait until we get a bit closer but I want to see this TX mile business.
Old 09-08-2006, 02:16 AM

Ill be at the races for sure dont know If Ill be camping out with yall though. Seeing how I always seem to have about 4 people that go with me.
Old 09-08-2006, 04:29 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by JDGnut
You guys going to show up before its over????

Bryan

I will for sure!! That is why im taking my truck so I know I won't be held hostage in Richmond again waiting on Rowland and Tyler to wrench on turbos!!

My house is literally 30 seconds off of Highway 75 in McKinney if anybody wants to meet up here and truck pool or caravan down. Justin I can pick you up in Plano on the way south if you want to ride down. Rob, Rowland, Charlie, Mike....if any of you want to share some fuel costs....my train is rolling.
Old 09-08-2006, 07:33 AM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Welcome to North Central Texas!

Combine is on the south side of Dallas and we try to meet once a month at my place north of Dallas, near Westminster. Probably about an hour's drive for you. If you would like, you can PM me your email address and I'll add you to my DTR broadcast email list. Also, you can watch the forums here.

The trip to Tyler's place last year was a lot of fun. I'm sure the trip this year will be better since we plan on getting to the races on time.

Originally Posted by Austin'sDodge
I'm going to try to make it. I plan on taking my own truck. By the way I just moved to the Dallas area from Houston. I was wondering how often ya'll meet and where?
Old 09-08-2006, 07:44 AM
Chapter President

Make it if you can. Let us know as time nears and we'll meet up somewhere down there.

Originally Posted by derek840378
baytown, eh? thats my neck of the woods. dont know what ill be doing 6 weeks from now, but ill definately try to make it. if yall need any info about baytown or the surrounding area, pm me.
Old 09-08-2006, 07:47 AM
Chapter President

Sounds good. We could probably meet up at the track.

Originally Posted by tbone
I think someone has a copy of my race schedule because yet again that weekend is the one weekend out of the month that races are scheduled near houston. I may just run the endurance on saturday and then catch up with you guys. I'll have to wait until we get a bit closer but I want to see this TX mile business.
Old 09-08-2006, 07:50 AM
Chapter President

Good deal. Depends on who the four people are. I have friends that I'm not sure I'd bring around this outfit.

Originally Posted by fordsux8269
Ill be at the races for sure dont know If Ill be camping out with yall though. Seeing how I always seem to have about 4 people that go with me.
Old 09-08-2006, 11:46 AM

O their good people theyve all got CTDs even if they are 24v's.

Also if anyone needs any hay hauled or anything hauled for that matter Pm me. We all got into the hauling business.
Old 09-08-2006, 11:53 AM

Someone please show Charlie where the Edit button is and how to cut and paste!

Im 100% for Terlingua......BUT Houston is still sketchy......we will have to see still....I need to check with Ryan about thoes tickets he might have......
Old 09-08-2006, 12:44 PM
Banned

Well holy moly, ol Hunter's online. Guess fredricksburg finally got out of the stone age.

Charlie, don't blame me, blame the girl on the other end of the phone that told me that they were going to run all night. Once again, never listen to a girl.

Dan, when you get down here we'll hit up some tex-mex joints. Not to mention some of the best BBQ in the state.
Old 09-08-2006, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by BigBlue
Not to mention some of the best BBQ in the state.
rudy's is a looonnngg way from b/cs

Last edited by derek840378; 09-08-2006 at 01:23 PM. Reason: i'm dyslexic

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: North Texas Group....October 13, 14th,15th Event...Houston bound!