Natl. and Regional Chapters / Special Events Discuss events and rallies here. Also discuss your local and regional chapters.

North Texas DTR #8 - Sept Meet

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2007, 11:35 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 13FOX
leper I'll keep you in mind. never really took my cj rock crawling. But it goes like stink in mud! They got any mud there? I seen to the web somewhere about Jacksonville, TX that was a big muddin area. Anybody heard of it?

There are two places in Jacksonville. One is called Mud Creek and the other is River Run. They are just outside of town.......one to the east and one to the west. I have only been once each to those also.....cool places.

Also, there is Alligator Run out in Easton, TX near Longview. Along with Shiloh Ridge down in Alto, TX.....those are some good mudding places.

Barnwell MT I remember as just being very rocky and steep slopes. Literally trails running up and down the side of the Mountain.
Old 09-14-2007, 11:46 AM

I have suggested before that we should have one of our DTR get togethers one month at one of these riding parks. The idea got shot down.

But I still think we should do it. Plenty of places to "wrench", BS, drink a cold one, and/or go ride or wheel if you have something to do it on....or can borrow one.

Other than Rowland or Mike....I think most of our N. Texas members have an ATV or a Jeepish type ride.
Old 09-15-2007, 05:05 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TexasCTD thats a GREAT idea! Maybe even have a gtg at a place where folks could play a little in there CTD as well. We I get back my passenger set will always ge open!
Old 09-15-2007, 08:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok well I vowed 4 years ago never to step foot in a 4 wheel parts again because of the crappy service and outrageous prices . Well I was on the hunt for a proportioning valve for the rear brakes on my toyota and did some calling around and found a couple, one at a performance shop in Garland and one at a 4WP near Lewsiville, well the 4WP was cheaper (only because it was a cheaper made model) and on my way to the lake... I talked to the guy and asked him to hold it at the counter for me.. He said he had it and just "ask for Jeff"... Well I get there and wait in the normal 4WP line while everyone gets their advice, I get to the counter and Jeff is at work, nobody knows about my request and cant even find on in the cataloge... About 15 mins later Jef shows up and say he is sending couple guys to go look for it in the back... Im like ok well I thought you were holding it at the counter for me?? I get ignored..... welll I wait and wait, Jeff disappears for a while. I'm getting Jeff shows up and says he now has three people looking for it... Well I left after an hour and 10 mins of being strung along with no part.... Get a call about 20mins later that they found it... I told them to politely keep it ..

I said it before and I'll say it again!
4WP SUCKS!!!!
Old 09-15-2007, 09:22 AM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't deal with them a lot, but I've had pretty good luck at the one in Plano. What I don't like about them is their "hidden" charges on a lot of things..........especially service.
Old 09-15-2007, 11:04 AM

I bought my MM winch from them. When that fairlead on it starting rusting after a few months, I went back and they replaced it with a WARN part. I had to gripe to them a little bit, but they came through.

I agree they are not the cheapest place in town. And, I can see how the service can be "hit or miss".

You have a good reason to be ticked Brian! That was BS.
Old 09-15-2007, 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by TexasCTD
I had to gripe to them a little bit, but they came through.
OMG!

Now I almost feel sorry for those guys...
Old 09-16-2007, 02:47 PM

Thanks Mike for the help with the truck and 'SSSSS' and track bar bushings. No more creak or crack when I back out of the driveway! It does steer smooth and straight now.

I went for a test drive last night and when I got back I noticed that we had not tightened the pass. side bolts at all! They are good now! Life is good! Thanks a million. A Thread will be forthcoming very shortly!
Old 09-16-2007, 02:50 PM

Charlie......I didn't know you were looking for rims and tires! I think I bought the set you were looking at. I was looking for a spare set too for playing with, like Rowland has. Sorry bud! I jumped on those as soon as I could send the PM!! He called me back and it was done. He lives in Burleson, but actually was doing a roofing job in Allen. So the next day he met me there at Home Depot on my way to work.
Old 09-16-2007, 02:57 PM

Oh yeah - I loosened up the passenger side to help you get the driver's side bolts in!
Old 09-16-2007, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by XLR8R
Oh yeah - I loosened up the passenger side to help you get the driver's side bolts in!

That's what we get for being, tired and hungry and wanting to get inside and watch "Wild Hogs"....

I knew there was something we were forgetting. Well that was it!

It's all good now! Thanks.
Old 09-16-2007, 04:13 PM

https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...d.php?t=169531
Old 09-16-2007, 11:09 PM

Alright I need an "officer's" (Don't let it go to your head! ) direction...

Is there any validity to this?

I found this , but it says Nov. 1st 2005 : ARTICLE 9. REDUCTION IN NUMBER OF LICENSE PLATES ISSUED
SECTION 9.01. Subchapter A, Chapter 502, Transportation
Code, is amended by adding Section 502.010 to read as follows:
Sec. 502.010. ISSUANCE AND DISPLAY OF LICENSE PLATE. (a)
Notwithstanding anything in this code to the contrary, including
Section 502.180, the department shall issue only one license plate
for attachment at the rear of the vehicle for which the plate is
issued.
(b) Notwithstanding anything in this code to the contrary,
including Section 502.404(a), a person is entitled to operate on a
public highway a vehicle that displays only one license plate if the
plate is attached at the rear of the vehicle. A person may operate
on a public highway a vehicle that displays two license plates if
both plates were assigned by the department for the registration
period as a set of plates.
(c) In any provision of this code that relates to the
issuance or display of "license plates," "plates," or a "set of
plates," the term means only one license plate.
SECTION 9.02. The change in law made by this article
regarding the issuance of license plates by the Texas Department of
Transportation applies only to the issuance of license plates by
the department for a registration period beginning on or after the
effective date of this article. For a registration period that
begins before the effective date of this article, the department
shall issue license plates as required by the law in effect
immediately before the effective date of this article, and the
former law is continued in effect for that purpose.
SECTION 9.03. This article takes effect November 1, 2005.

The website is:

http://www.capitol.state.tx.us/cgi-b...LLSUFFIX=03540
Old 09-16-2007, 11:19 PM

U know just want to be a pain... I ran my rodeo without a front plate and the Toyota is missing a front plate due to 'trail damage'... Wonder if the Dodge's plate may go missing......
Old 09-17-2007, 12:46 AM

Brian, I guess im going to have to do some additional checking. I have never heard of only having one license plate in Texas. Lots of officers write tickets for not having a front license plate. Even if they don't write it, it is a commonly used "reason for contact" if they are looking for a reason to stop a particular car.

What I kinda gathered from a little checking I did is that IF you are issued 2 plates, you must display them. IF you are only issued 1 plate then it must be placed on the rear of the vehicle.

If your YOTA (or Dodge) was issued 2 plates then technically you have to display them. It would probably be a chicken _____ ticket if you got one. But to my knowlege you have to have both plates if driven on a public roadway.

http://tlo2.tlc.state.tx.us/statutes/tn.toc.htm

Now I do know the Dallas Police Association lobbied and I think won for TX license plates to be assigned to a person and not a vehicle. So in the near future (if not already) your plates will always be your plates. If you (for example) traded your truck you would pull your plates off and place them on your new truck. And then the registration would update your plates with your new vehicle info. Makes sense to me.

I don't know how much help this was....but I will try to find out some verification after I go back to work tomorrow and get back with you.

Quick Reply: North Texas DTR #8 - Sept Meet