Natl. and Regional Chapters / Special Events Discuss events and rallies here. Also discuss your local and regional chapters.

North Texas DTR #8 - Sept Meet

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2007, 05:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bnold
Back loaded down with somethin?? Front looks a bit higher And if those are bilsteins peeking out under the fender well I'm jealous!
well....the mono conversion jacked up the fnt more than the rear....so he will be addressing that in the future........and they are...haha.....
Old 09-11-2007, 06:45 PM

monoleaf?? those fiberglass ones?? those look pretty sweet
Old 09-11-2007, 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by bnold
monoleaf?? those fiberglass ones?? those look pretty sweet
Duno.....as much time as he has in his home build rear spring shackles(This is what happens when i leave my welder and plasma cutter at his house for him to store for me).....i think they are Chevy leafs in there......just needs a zero rate to get it up a few inches.....
Old 09-11-2007, 09:25 PM

Hmmm cool... I'm running Trail gear 5" in the rear and skycrapper in the front.... Rear still needs to settle in a bit, no weight back there takes a while! 3" body, locked, doubler, and my favorite weber carbed stock 4 banger!!
Old 09-12-2007, 02:49 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Diesel Dan glad you give me a heads up on the cooking part. Dont mind wrenching at all. But I went to scholl for cooking and every time I go home to relax I get asked to cook as always. See some of you are off-roaders as well. I got a 74' CJ-5 with 304/3-speed. It was my grandpa's ranch Jeep since new. Just rolled 14,000 original miles but many years of cowcrud eat up the tub. Tub was replaced about 10 years ago with a fiberglass one. Frame is finally toast. Some when I return plain on finding a used frame and order a complete wiring harness from ***** Overland. They can sell me one for $185.00 which isn't to bad IMO. Everything else on the old girl works great. I drove it to work more than my diesel. The boggers pretty much take me anywhere I want to go. Will definately keep in touch when I return.
Old 09-12-2007, 10:00 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Duallydog
And I'm trying to convince myself to drive that far.
You only have to get to Dallas, you can hitch a ride from there.
Old 09-13-2007, 11:23 AM
Chapter President

That might not be a bad option.
Old 09-13-2007, 01:04 PM

You guys that are around Dallas, that go wheeling, let me know when you go next time. That is if you don't mind wheeling with a Chevy.

I'll let you know when I plan my next tip also. Gimler Tx and Clayton OK at least once a year and a small spot around here several times a year.
Old 09-13-2007, 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by leper
You guys that are around Dallas, that go wheeling, let me know when you go next time. That is if you don't mind wheeling with a Chevy.

I'll let you know when I plan my next tip also. Gimler Tx and Clayton OK at least once a year and a small spot around here several times a year.
I go with some friends once every year to Gilmer. Usally in Late Jan or early Feb. Ill give ya a heads up on our this next trip.....
Old 09-13-2007, 05:16 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Dang!

Gilmer was the 1st placed I lived in TX, back in the day when I was changing Evan's diapers...
Old 09-14-2007, 12:45 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'd love to go back to Gilmer! I went there a few years ago and it was a fun (and challenging) place. But I'd have to wheel with the ATV. I don't think I would try rock crawl with the Cummins!

Mike, I remember those diaper days very well!!!!
Old 09-14-2007, 04:31 AM

leper I'll keep you in mind. never really took my cj rock crawling. But it goes like stink in mud! They got any mud there? I seen to the web somewhere about Jacksonville, TX that was a big muddin area. Anybody heard of it?
Old 09-14-2007, 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by 13FOX
leper I'll keep you in mind. never really took my cj rock crawling. But it goes like stink in mud! They got any mud there? I seen to the web somewhere about Jacksonville, TX that was a big muddin area. Anybody heard of it?
You want mud....we need to go to Shiloh Ridge.....Barnwell's mud is in spots on the trails....but no bogs.....

BUT i have been to the park when it was raining....man...its tough....made it about 20 mins that day and cut a side wall on a rock...ended my weekend real quick......(Got there Fri Morn, and tire gone 8:30 AM on Sat morn...yeah....i wasn't happy)
Old 09-14-2007, 10:25 AM

I'm up for anything Dan.
Old 09-14-2007, 10:42 AM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Diesel-Dan
You want mud....we need to go to Shiloh Ridge.....Barnwell's mud is in spots on the trails....but no bogs.....

BUT i have been to the park when it was raining....man...its tough....made it about 20 mins that day and cut a side wall on a rock...ended my weekend real quick......(Got there Fri Morn, and tire gone 8:30 AM on Sat morn...yeah....i wasn't happy)
Oh yeah, Shiloh Ridge....I need to go back now that I have a lift and some tires. Last time I was there, the Grizz was fully stock, but it still did well on it's own.

Quick Reply: North Texas DTR #8 - Sept Meet