Natl. and Regional Chapters / Special Events Discuss events and rallies here. Also discuss your local and regional chapters.

North Texas DTR#8 - August Meet

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2007, 12:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Diesel-Dan
Maybe you should change your screen name to Big Blue right now....i bet they would give you his post counted if you wanted! hahahaha.....
No need for those drastic measures quite yet!!
Old 07-30-2007, 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by Diesel-Dan
Maybe you should change your screen name to Big Blue right now....i bet they would give you his post count if you wanted! hahahaha.....
talked to him earlier and he is losin a quart of ps fluid every 30 minutes!
Old 07-30-2007, 01:31 PM

Hey I just got that message!
Old 07-30-2007, 01:33 PM

Maybe it's a spark plug wire jumping spark?

I had a 96 that clicked so loud you could hear it in the alley and I hade 4" tips on glass packs (gas motor). Dealer was able to make it go away only for a couple of weeks after replacing everything but the housing.

Have you checked to make sure that the colar that locks the front axles together isn't hung up? You did work it pretty hard trying to pull that truck out a while back. Maybe the gears are "catching" a little between the colar and the axle? Just a thought.
Old 07-30-2007, 01:36 PM

Clicks in 4x as well though when the colar is locked up.. Clicked before the sinking whitey story...
Old 07-31-2007, 07:07 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
have you tried having someone with a quiet truck pull yours to see if its in the drive line or the motor? maybe have a few people in the bed and one on each side of the cab to try and pin point what side, front or rear? maybe you can find somone brave enough to get on one of those crawlers and ride under and look around.
Old 07-31-2007, 07:16 PM
Chapter President

Originally Posted by bsj04
have you tried having someone with a quiet truck pull yours to see if its in the drive line or the motor? maybe have a few people in the bed and one on each side of the cab to try and pin point what side, front or rear? maybe you can find somone brave enough to get on one of those crawlers and ride under and look around.
Hey! I know of a couple of people that I would be glad to volunteer THEM to ride the crawler.
Old 07-31-2007, 10:45 PM

Well put her in 2 lo and drove around the block a few times with a buddy of mine walking outside the truck... The sound was coming from both driver side wheels... Almost sounded as though it was coming directly from the center cap (where have I heard this before?? )

I removed the front center cap and the noise stopped...
Sounds simple right? BUT, these center caps are bolted to the wheels with 2 7/16" allen head bolts and fairly tight at that... I could not move them ANY.. Could the large center caps be acting as a bell for a quieter clicking noise and removing the caps just quiets the noise down??

I dunno I just cant see how the caps could be causing this issue... They are like "one" with the wheel? Unless the wheel is flexing??? (BAD) causing the cap to move around???? I dunno... feel so retarded that this is my issue, but cant fix... Going to remove all covers tomorrow and drive around for a while to make sure clicking doesn't return...
Old 08-01-2007, 12:32 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by crobtex
Hey! I know of a couple of people that I would be glad to volunteer THEM to ride the crawler.
My thoughts exactly!! I have a crawler at my house but doggonit, I don't think Tyler is going to be here to do his duty and take the ride!! Maybe we can volunteer Schoolbus to take his place!
Old 08-01-2007, 12:37 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
For those of you who are coming to my place after the Dyno Day event, Saturday.....

You are all more than welcome to spend the night if that wasn't clear before. Plenty of room...the A/C will be on. Rowland gets first dibs on whereever he wants to sleep due to his back issues. (with the exception of not in my bed)

I hope Mike and I can get the new Lazarsmith black powdercoated 'SSSSS' installed along with new bushings on the Track bar. Hopefully that will end my "popping" issues and prepare my truck to roll on some 35's soon!
Old 08-01-2007, 01:07 AM
BBA

Well guys I will be there saturday. I just hope my numbers go up from last time i dyno'd 364hp 760tq. Im hoping for over 400 or atleast 400! Yea yall can look for me a kid driving a 01 white single cab dually. ODRA sticker oh yea and a sticker on the tailgate "diesel only" its just a kind of thing a few of my buddys have. So yea if ya see me dont ask me to race lol i know its slow!
Old 08-01-2007, 06:46 AM
Chapter President

Did you buy the wheels, or were they already on the truck? Take them back to where they were bought, or some place, and have them put on a balancing machine and run the rpm's up as high as possible. If the wheels are out of round or stressing, they should be able to tell. Some shops even have a dial micrometer on a stand that they us to check for warped wheels or tires.

Originally Posted by bnold
Well put her in 2 lo and drove around the block a few times with a buddy of mine walking outside the truck... The sound was coming from both driver side wheels... Almost sounded as though it was coming directly from the center cap (where have I heard this before?? )

I removed the front center cap and the noise stopped...
Sounds simple right? BUT, these center caps are bolted to the wheels with 2 7/16" allen head bolts and fairly tight at that... I could not move them ANY.. Could the large center caps be acting as a bell for a quieter clicking noise and removing the caps just quiets the noise down??

I dunno I just cant see how the caps could be causing this issue... They are like "one" with the wheel? Unless the wheel is flexing??? (BAD) causing the cap to move around???? I dunno... feel so retarded that this is my issue, but cant fix... Going to remove all covers tomorrow and drive around for a while to make sure clicking doesn't return...
Old 08-01-2007, 07:08 AM

Anybody heard from Mike lately? I sent him a PM last week about SSSS and haven't heard back.
Old 08-01-2007, 07:11 AM
Chapter President

Originally Posted by fade94
Anybody heard from Mike lately? I sent him a PM last week about SSSS and haven't heard back.
His hard drive crashed and there is a good possibility he didn't get it or lost it.
Old 08-01-2007, 07:29 AM

Bummer. I knew I should have put a note on his truck when I saw it over the weekend. Hope he gets up and running again.

Quick Reply: North Texas DTR#8 - August Meet