Natl. and Regional Chapters / Special Events Discuss events and rallies here. Also discuss your local and regional chapters.

North Texas DTR#8 - August Meet

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2007, 02:08 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by RowJ
You mean the FED's...right?
My renewal took 6 weeks, and that was without another FBI check (I think)! With all the Passport backup these days...you may be a few months before you see your license. Just a guess!

I know the increase in CHL applications has taxed the system for past yr or so.
Welcome the the Texas Stereotype! A gun in every pickup!

RJ
Yeah, state and Feds both. If there's a wait, I guess that just gives me more time to shop for a gun. I borrowed a friend's Beretta 9mm to use for the test, but the Glock I tried at the range was pretty nice. Definitely much lighter.

Always glad to join a new stereotype.
Old 08-06-2007, 04:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah I need to get mine, but with my luck by the time I take the class I wont get the license back before I redeploy to Iraq. So I guess I mine as well wait till I get back. I still carry my Ruger in the truck, sometimes both of them. I know its illegal, but have any of yall been to Houston lately? haha. Either way though I still plan on making it all legal when I can. I dont like being labeled as "that guy" if you know what I mean.

Kyle
Old 08-06-2007, 08:47 PM

I was just checking out the results in the ODRA e-mail about the dyno day. What vehicle put down the 108 number?
Old 08-06-2007, 10:25 PM
BBA

Im pretty sure it was the dodge dakota they did just for giggles after nearly everybody was gone. I didnt see them playing aound with anything else but it thought they said it did 150 but oh well.
Old 08-06-2007, 10:38 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by BBA
Im pretty sure it was the dodge dakota they did just for giggles after nearly everybody was gone. I didnt see them playing aound with anything else but it thought they said it did 150 but oh well.
that was my guess too.
Old 08-06-2007, 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by BBA
Ah OK...I saw them run a 6.5L GM diesel at the dyno in Rockwall once before. I know it put down somewhere in the low 1xx range. Was just curious if another one came out to a dyno day.
Old 08-07-2007, 12:48 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by bnold
AND the highest numbers in our group STILL belongs to a second gen!! Come on guys its getting close to 2008, our trucks are darn near antiques and still out pulling the newer more sophisticated trucks.........................

What was your horsepower number again? Ohh...wait...it was 457 IIRC.

How much money have you spent on your truck in the last 6 months?

I see a day in the not to distant future when the mighty, but silent family SUV sounding, 3rd gen will routinely pass those VP failing "antiques" yall drive.
Old 08-07-2007, 12:52 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Duallydog
And I have learned one thing, Schoolbus needs to go to a doctor, his snoring sounds like he's trying to die.

I could hear him even back in my bedroom with the door shut and the A/C going!

Old 08-07-2007, 06:08 AM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Red face

Originally Posted by TexasCTD

I see a day in the not to distant future when the mighty, but silent family SUV sounding, 3rd gen will routinely pass those VP failing "antiques" yall drive.
Robert, better be careful. What he paid for his truck and the engine upgrades probably wasn't as much as you paid for your truck. As far as wear problems, I know a certain black 3rd gen that is already having front end problems.
Old 08-07-2007, 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by crobtex
I know a certain black 3rd gen that is already having front end problems.
That one hurt way up here in OK!

A few of us are experiencing 'Tyler Syndrome'. The more we dyno, the lower the #'s get!
This is similar to my last VP-44 problem.... no codes but slow decrease in power that happens so gradually you don't feel it, till it shows on the Dyno. Just guessing so far but no gain with Mach 6's is a pretty good indicator of some problem.

RJ
Old 08-07-2007, 07:25 AM
Chapter President

A few of us are experiencing 'Tyler Syndrome'. The more we dyno, the lower the #'s get!
This is similar to my last VP-44 problem.... no codes but slow decrease in power that happens so gradually you don't feel it, till it shows on the Dyno. Just guessing so far but no gain with Mach 6's is a pretty good indicator of some problem.

RJ
It is strange that #'s are declining. You would think that a loss of up to 50 hp would be noticable with everyday driving. Even though there are no codes showing, I wonder if it's time to check the parameters of the MAP sensor, IAT, tranny, etc?
Old 08-07-2007, 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by crobtex
... You would think that a loss of up to 50 hp would be noticable .....
Not really, when you consider I'm daily driving at 425-450 HP... at least in the hot weather! Changing settings make it harder to feel slow decline, IMO.

RJ
Old 08-07-2007, 07:59 AM
Chapter President

Not really, when you consider I'm daily driving at 425-450 HP... at least in the hot weather! Changing settings make it harder to feel slow decline, IMO.

RJ

I guess you need to leave it turned up all the time.
Old 08-07-2007, 08:46 AM

Great...more talk in the camp of the dying 44. Everytime I leave the stoplight and don't see the normal cloud of smoke I start to wonder. I figure with 175,000 miles, she must be getting tired. Are we going to have a group buy when the time comes??

Originally Posted by TexasCTD
You never should have said those words...now it will probably come back to bite you. Ha...I'll probably end up with bad juju just from quoting them.
Old 08-07-2007, 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by AggieJustin
Great...more talk in the camp of the dying 44. Everytime I leave the stoplight and don't see the normal cloud of smoke I start to wonder. I figure with 175,000 miles, she must be getting tired. Are we going to have a group buy when the time comes??
I got mine for $100

~Rob

Quick Reply: North Texas DTR#8 - August Meet