Natl. and Regional Chapters / Special Events Discuss events and rallies here. Also discuss your local and regional chapters.

Next Virginia Chapter meeting at Timinva's place

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2004, 08:34 PM
DTR Advertiser

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Butch thats it. We are going to meet in that big parking lot. The shop is through the gate. Tim
Old 03-14-2004, 07:10 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
OK, I talked to a couple of guys Friday night.
One was harping, "Oh, I might be busy on the 20th." Dude, I DON'T CARE! Don't make excuses. This is NOT a mandatory thing. I'm just letting you know because you expressed interest in the past.....
The the guy is calling his brothers and buddies to see how many of them want to come. We'll convoy out of Richmond around 8:30 AM to Norfolk.

Is there any kind of schedule on this? I mean, are we gonna wait for people to show up, go eat and then come back to turn wrences and BS, or are we just gonna start turning wrenches and people can go out and get something when they feel hungry? While it doesn't really matter to me, as I'm not doing anything to my truck.
To me, it would be better to go the second way, because getting everyone together, then finding someplace big enough to accomodate us, and overwhelming the wait staff/kitchen, this deal will probably take 2 hours.

Maybe someone could do some more recon in that area and map out the closeby resturaunts so those who want food will have a choice. I saw a few yesterday on Va. Beach Blvd when I was down there. McD's, Popeye's and Rally's.

Chris
Old 03-14-2004, 08:18 AM

Good, I guess I wasn't lost after all....

There are all sorts of places to eat around there. Go a couple of miles further east on Va Beach blvd. and you're at Jannaf/Military Circle. All sorts of fast food joints and sitdown places.

Like Chris asked, is there a time for this? Meet around 1100-1200? Turn some wrenches/BS some then make a chow run? Just some suggestions.
Old 03-17-2004, 07:34 PM

Any consensous on the time yet?

So far it looks 5 or 6 of us are going to be there. Mabe a few more if Chris can get a few of his recruits to show up.

Looking back through the posts, here is a list so far:
Chris (Stamey)
Butch (Butchera)
Joel (DieselDude4X4)
Bill (Billg)
Dennis (Rattlinram)

I'll have a couple of coolers with water, GatorAid, soda and some fosty ones for when we finish turning wrenches.

See ya'll Saturday.....
Old 03-17-2004, 08:16 PM

I PMed Shovelhead, but haven't heard back from him yet. Huf N Puf is doing his own maintenance, and much more than can be accomodated by Tim's place with a bunch of people hanging around, so he's not coming. Just left a message for my "recruit" to see how many buddies he plans to bring. Stay tuned.
I plan to leave Powhatan at 8:30. 127 miles later, I should be there around 10:00-10:30. I'd leave at 7:00 if I could get up that early on Saturday , cause I LIKE to hang out with you guys.

Chris
Old 03-17-2004, 08:57 PM

I'm gonna be there.
Old 03-17-2004, 10:13 PM
DTR Advertiser

Lets meet around 11am. There are lots of sit down restaurants close also. Joel did you get your vp-44? Depends what we do how we arrange to eat and the time frame. If we have lots of work we can have someone just run and pick it up also. Tim
Old 03-18-2004, 05:40 AM
Administrator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No pump yet.
Need some directions though.
We re trying to get my sons truck back together so if we don't show, that's what we'll be doing.

Joel
Old 03-18-2004, 06:08 AM
DTR Advertiser

Joel, coming from out your way get on 664 towards Chesapeake. Get on 264 east at the 64/264 split, go through the down town tunnel. Get off at Balletine, L eft at the light on off ramp, 3 lights will be Va Beach blvd go Right. Go over the overpass at the bottom of the overpass go Right on Scott st. 2 blocks down on Right. Tim
Old 03-18-2004, 02:34 PM

New member who just mailed off my application form this week and interested in stopping by on Sat if I get the chance. First time diesel owner and I've learned quite a bit by reading the posts. This would be a great opportunity to put faces with names and get advice from folks that have been there and done that!

Bill
Yorktown, VA
Old 03-18-2004, 04:54 PM

I'm Gonna try to be there, gotta get the truck inspected in the am then i should be free.

Rick D
Old 03-18-2004, 06:27 PM

My recruit(s) here bowed out. Their "better halves" "reminded" them of previous engagements.
You don't suppose they know what these meeting can do to a guy, do you?

Chris
Old 03-18-2004, 07:01 PM

Hello bilq welcome to the group. I bet some of the guys are doing a double take on the name, looks a lot like my user name.
I believe this meet is open to all members just let Timinva know you are coming so he can have a count of who is coming.
Old 03-18-2004, 09:59 PM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Exclamation WHEW!,,,,,,

Originally posted by billg
Hello bilq welcome to the group. I bet some of the guys are doing a double take on the name, looks a lot like my user name.
I was one of those guys Bill.
I thought maybe you were having one of those split personality episodes like Top has, when he starts hearing all them voices in his head.

Welcome to the gang bilq!

I'll be headed that way when I get off work at 0800 that morning.
Old 03-18-2004, 10:21 PM

Yep hear them voices to. They keep saying you need bigger injectors, bigger turbo noooo twins.
Then wife helps snap me out of it

Quick Reply: Next Virginia Chapter meeting at Timinva's place