Natl. and Regional Chapters / Special Events Discuss events and rallies here. Also discuss your local and regional chapters.

New Local Chapter ONDTR#39

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2007, 10:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have a pretty open schedule so just pick a date and I should be there and driving isn't a big deal as I am leaving Friday to drive to Florida for a week of sun and fun. Look forward to meeting all of you.
Old 03-07-2007, 10:21 AM

Thanks for the compliments on the trailer. I'm expecting the rear end on our car to blow up at some point so it will be hauled to the track and the Jeep, well, I like the skinny pedal so there is a very good chance it would need to be hauled home.

We have a date .. how about a location?

I also found another local guy and I PM'd him with links to this thread but now I can't find the PM I'd sent and don't remember his name.
Old 03-07-2007, 04:55 PM
Chapter President

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I'm thinking of something reasonably close to the QEW between Grimsby and Hamilton? I just want to pick somewhere close to the QEW so that it is easy to find for some of the out-of town guys. Suggestions?
Old 03-07-2007, 06:25 PM

Hey Boys, if consensus is end of the month, lets go for that, lets see as We git closer to the date what the weathers gonna be like, should be gittin nice by then, maybe do it outside somewhere depending on the turn out..........so lets what happens......peace.
Old 03-07-2007, 07:12 PM

What about Mapleview Mall. It extremely easy to get to and it's not all that far from Hamilton. It's in Burlington for those that don't know. It's easy to access from the QEW, 403, 407. I don't remember much about there but I know there was a lot of stuff and right off the QEW.
Old 03-08-2007, 06:38 AM
Chapter President

Actually, I like the idea of meeting at Mapleview.....that is an excellent central point since there will be guys coming from every direction. While I do think meeting in a mall parking lot is kind of boring, it will at least get us started....

On another note, those who are joining the chapter should add to their signatures that they are members of this chapter.....it will give our new chapter more exposure and hopefully lead to a growing membership. You certainly don't have to but it would be helpful!
Old 03-08-2007, 07:46 AM

Here's some info on places to eat at the mall and it's location for those who don't know.
Locations of food sources inside the mall.

Street Map view of the mall's location.

Satelite Map view of the mall's location and orientation.
Old 03-08-2007, 08:36 AM
Chapter President

HAHA... man, you kill me.....a location map, a food court map and satellite image of the mall!?!?! That is pretty cool, dude...

Well, nobody can say they don't know where to go!
Old 03-08-2007, 08:39 AM

I was really bored this morning. lol. I'm accustomed to giving too much information when it comes to giving directions. My wife's family always calls me up and says they are lost and can I get them where they need to go. Whenever her mom calls me I know it's because she's lost so I answer the phone "OnStar, how can I assist you today." I crack up laughing but she's old and doesn't understand what OnStar is. lol.
Old 03-08-2007, 09:09 AM

mapleview mall works for me....again it really depends on how well my mother progresses by then....but as it stands now....it should be no problem. Will anyone be bringing thier better halfs....I mean thier spouce....I know you'll be bringing your truck lol
Old 03-08-2007, 09:11 AM

I'll have my wife with me. She goes to all the Jeep meets with me and likes to be involved. She didn't at first but when we went wheeling for the first time she was hooked and absolutely loves it now. She loves the truck too and she wants to be part of the action. Gotta love a wife like that. And besides, she hasn't killed me yet over the $10k+ I've spent on the truck in the past 3 weeks. lol.
Old 03-08-2007, 10:42 AM

I Don't have a computer anymore but find my way on here via the local library or wherever, count me in on this chapter, Just got my gauges installed, let the bombing begin!
Old 03-08-2007, 10:47 AM
Chapter President

I will bring my wife if you guys are.....I wasn't going to bring if there wasn't going to be any other women there. I enjoy including her in these kinds of things but I know she won't be very excited if it was just going to be a bunch of guys and no girls. We go offroading together at all the club trips and she does love the Jeep and the CTD so we are good to go.
Old 03-08-2007, 10:50 AM
Chapter President

Originally Posted by diesel_kid
I Don't have a computer anymore but find my way on here via the local library or wherever, count me in on this chapter, Just got my gauges installed, let the bombing begin!
Hey that's great...I was wondering why I didn't see you around here much. Are we gonna get you talked into a #100 plate for the old girl?!?

Is there an email address I can send an application to you? If you have a hotmail or yahoo or something like that just PM it to me and I'll get it out to you.

Hopefully you can make out on the 31st?
Old 03-08-2007, 10:53 AM

I will see if the girl friend is free....I am sure she would enjoy the outing

Quick Reply: New Local Chapter ONDTR#39