Natl. and Regional Chapters / Special Events Discuss events and rallies here. Also discuss your local and regional chapters.

MSDTR Chapter #31 Meet/Greet/Wrench/&Dinner 6/17/06 In Olive Branch, MS

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2006, 07:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by streetsmoker
Just make sure you keep your wife away from HappyGa, oy you might have to to make sure he don't get any funny ideas.

nah, happy plays well with others... I don't go for the taken woman. To many in this world to have to get into a fight over one. I am just new to my area, so I am stalking the prey first to see which ones are the best game. haha That and I am too busy trying to get my house settled again from the move up here.
Old 06-15-2006, 12:43 PM
Chapter President

So tell me, If you are meeting Texas at 8AM, that meen you're not gonna meet me and Abby along the way in Tupelo, and New Albany? You shure about 8AM cause you got to leavr about 4AM Happy to get there on time. Heck, for me 8AM just getting up is early for me
Old 06-15-2006, 12:50 PM

Hey StreetSmoker, whoever ya got coming with ya, I'll met you at Huddle House in New Albany. I'll be waitin on you at 9:00 AM .
Old 06-15-2006, 01:09 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by billygoatyj
I wouldn't mind a sit down meal either. Not sure if I would make it to waffle house by 8 though. An early lunch right after we meet would be ok.............

8am is a little early for me too. But I will do it if we need too. Would it work for everybody to just go ahead and eat lunch after we meet at the Shell station (or even at a restaurant?) around 11ish?

We could meet, bs a few minutes and wait for everybody while we "ooohhh and ahhh" at all the Cummins powered trucks .........go eat a nice leisure sit down meal .........then when we are all full, fat, and happy.....go to Dmax's place and enjoy the afternoon with more BSing, wrenching, "ooohhhhing and ahhhing"

Again, pardon my suggestions if nobody wants to do that. I am just throwing in my 2 cents. I appreciate ya'll having me as a guest and look forward to meeting all of you and putting some faces to all the names.
Old 06-15-2006, 01:57 PM
Chapter President

I think we'll pretty much figure this all out once we meet Sat. try not to loose any sleep over it guys. I think the truck pull is prety much out of the equasion now, so we should be open to do whatever.
Old 06-15-2006, 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by streetsmoker
So tell me, If you are meeting Texas at 8AM, that meen you're not gonna meet me and Abby along the way in Tupelo, and New Albany? You shure about 8AM cause you got to leavr about 4AM Happy to get there on time. Heck, for me 8AM just getting up is early for me

oops, yeah, i have gotten all excited about putting on the lift pump, and trying to get it here tomorrow, that I had almost forgot that. i am just excited to actually meet some people that actually know what they have in a CUMMINS. Sorry Tex, I am gonna meet streetsmoker and Abby.

On the eating thing, I will go along with everyone else, but personally, I would rather get hot and crawl around under my and other people's trucks before I ate. I tend to not bend as well in the middle after a meal. haha

Like I said though, whatever everyone else wants to do though.
Old 06-15-2006, 05:29 PM

Then its final, Lunch after we meet. Texas is the guest and thats what he wants and thats what we will do. Everybody else is a member or will be after this meet so we will let the guest decide. My wife would like to meet some of you guys, but she dont get off work till 7:00pm. Maybe we will have a few that can stay. You can stay at my house as late as you want.
Old 06-15-2006, 08:57 PM

Does anyone need directions explained to them? What about it Texas? Its very easy to find. Anybody coming down or up I55 just hollar at me and I will either plan on meeting you down there or I can explain how to get over to Goodman and 78.
Old 06-16-2006, 02:49 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks Dmax, but don't say we are meeting for lunch (instead of dinner) all on my account!!!

I was just throwing that out as a suggestion! You don't owe me anything..LOL. Guest or not!!

At our local North Texas Chapter get-togethers....we usually meet directly at a restaurant (Texas Roadhouse, Mexican place etc.) first, have lunch, and then go someplace to wrench and BS. Different guys have to cut out at different times and leave....so lunch just seems to work better....rather than going to eat afterward, unless we are coming back from a dyno event or something...then plans are flexible and change. But how we do something doesn't mean it works best for you.

So now you are making me feel bad that im changing everybody's plans.

I won't have any trouble finding whereever we meet, I don't think. I know where Goodman is so I can just follow it over to 78 or take Getwell up to Goodman and shoot over. I also have your's and Streetsmoker's cell phone numbers.
Old 06-16-2006, 10:34 AM

Lunch after we meet sounds fine to me ! I wouldn't wanna starve and blow away !
Old 06-16-2006, 10:43 AM

I am glad someone has to worry about blowing away if they don't eat. I sure don't.. I am stored up for a couple of weeks.
Old 06-16-2006, 02:59 PM

Okay fellas, UPS Santa just dropped by. I now have my Walbro Kit from Glacier Diesel. looks like a sweet kit. I am all set for that. i will be very appreciative of the ones who have put this on before that help me out.

I might have to buy you a 6 or 12 of your favorite beverage once the day is done, and we are chillin.

The smarty will be there with me for all the 98.5-02 trucks that want to try it out.

Look forward to seeing yall tomorrow, I wish a safe trip to everyone, and anyone that might need some help between Alabama and exit 90 off of hwy 78 just call me. 912-288-2768.
Old 06-16-2006, 03:13 PM
Chapter President

Ok sorry I didn't chime in sooner, but I've been in a daze since last night at the track. 13.11@106.7 with much room for improvement!!!!!

It looks like I'll be meeting Happy at 8:30 in the morning then blowing over to New Albany to meet up with Abby, and caravanning up from there. See you guys tomorrow.
Old 06-16-2006, 04:05 PM

I'll see you guys in the morning @ Goodman and 78. My truck is dark red with ranchhands, I put a pic in my gallery but I don't know how long it will take to be approved. Have a safe trip everyone.
Old 06-16-2006, 06:22 PM

It looks like someone had more important plans for this weekend so now I have to cover for them on Sat. Put me down as a no show again! Sooner or later I'll get a chance to met yall.

Quick Reply: MSDTR Chapter #31 Meet/Greet/Wrench/&Dinner 6/17/06 In Olive Branch, MS