Natl. and Regional Chapters / Special Events Discuss events and rallies here. Also discuss your local and regional chapters.

MSDTR Chapter #31 Meet/Greet/Wrench/&Dinner 6/17/06 In Olive Branch, MS

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2006, 10:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
count me in

i have got 5 chairs i can bring
Old 06-11-2006, 01:08 PM

Sled Pull, yeah DmaxEter I said it again. I know that it starts @ 7, I'll find out where. I must have seen 20 signs for it and all they said was that it is in covington but not exactly where .
Old 06-11-2006, 02:15 PM

Well I dont knowif anybody else want to go to it, but I will if they want to. Find out where it is and we can take a vote I guess?
Old 06-12-2006, 07:54 AM

Talking

chairs????

I thought we all had trucks, circle em up, and sit on tailgates.

I thought it over this weekend, and I will be there Sat. Look forward to meeting yall.

I was wondering what the best route will be from Cullman, AL??

Looks liike I will take I-65 to hwy69, and then 69 will turn into 78. Looks like clear sailing from that point to meet up with streetsmoker at exit 90.easy enough.

I'll be in my dress whites. Or at least that is what I call my truck. he is all white.
Old 06-12-2006, 02:22 PM
Chapter President

Hey Happy, u got the HO motor or the SO? I can let you borrow my down loader to let you see how it feels with some real power!!! Look forward to seeing everyone. looks like we will take a vote on what we will do when we meet up.
Old 06-12-2006, 04:16 PM

Is it 10:30 at the Waffle House, then follow the leader back to Dmax's house?
Old 06-12-2006, 06:04 PM

Better make it the Shell station in front of the Waffle house. That waffle house is hard to see from the road cause theres a Shell station in front of it

Happy, when I visit the folks, I take 78 all the way to Bham and hit 20 from there. Your route seems like it will be good to. Come on over and spend the day with us.
Old 06-12-2006, 11:49 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Are we going to eat at Waffle house? Have you considered just meeting in the parking lot at 10:30 of a restaurant (Chili's, Cracker Barrel, Applebee's Olive Garden, Pizza Hut, Steak N Shake etc.) and having lunch around 11-11:30ish before going back to DMax's house? Im not knocking Waffle House I just wasn't sure if you planned to eat there or just meet there before leaving to go someplace else. I am just throwing out some ideas that might work better than the Shell Station. Im open to whatever. Looking forward to seeing everybody.
Old 06-13-2006, 01:24 AM
Chapter President

Yeh, thats all we're doing is meeting there. Then after a while I'll show those the way. Dmax can prob meet you on the West side off I-55 while I meet those comming from the East side at the Shell station or something.
Old 06-13-2006, 07:44 AM

I don't know if anyone will be driving an 01 model, but I have a SMARTY that I have from the truck I just traded in. You guys are welcome to try her out and see what the hype is all about.

Anyone think it would be possible to splice in a lift pump on my truck during our wrench session? I tam thinking about the holley blue. I was thinking just splice into the factory fuel lines, and then add some rubber hose to recconect to the spliced section. Only thing I don't know about is the wiring of it? My first thrid gen, and I don't wanna screw it up 200 miles from home. I have faith in my fellow DTRonians...

I have a set of gauges to install, but don't have the stuff I need for the tranny temp gauge as I bought these of another guy. I have the accessories for the pyrometer and boost, but not the trans temp. I want to do it all at one time. I have an accessory shop here where I live that will install the gauges for $60. I think that is a really good price, kinda hard to beat actually, even with my own free labor.
Old 06-13-2006, 08:36 AM

Happy, I would really like to try the smarty, but I'm afraid I will really want it if I try it. You wouldn't want to get rid of it would you.

So we're meeting at the shell in front of the waffle house. Let's not change it after I leave work on Fri. or I won't know about it

As for the sled pull, I think I know where it is goin to be, I'm gonna ride up there tonight and make sure I know how to get there.
Old 06-13-2006, 09:14 AM

Hey billy,

You can try it out, but I can't let go of her. haha

As I understand it, (totally hear say) the SMARTY for the CR engines is in beta testing now.

I have talked to Bob Wagner and I think I will be able to just swap them out.
Old 06-13-2006, 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by streetsmoker
Yeh, thats all we're doing is meeting there. Then after a while I'll show those the way. Dmax can prob meet you on the West side off I-55 while I meet those comming from the East side at the Shell station or something.

No prob. I'll just eat before I come and see ya'll at the Shell station.

I might need to get somebody's cell phone number or give you mine just in case I can't locate it for some reason or if there is any change of plans, since I will be on the road Friday and may not have computer access.
Old 06-13-2006, 10:47 AM

Streetsmoker and DmaxEter....I sent you both pm's with my cell number.
Old 06-13-2006, 12:10 PM

Yeah, I would like a cell number to call in case I get mis-directed or something.

Someone care to pm me one. I would appreciate it.

Quick Reply: MSDTR Chapter #31 Meet/Greet/Wrench/&Dinner 6/17/06 In Olive Branch, MS