Natl. and Regional Chapters / Special Events Discuss events and rallies here. Also discuss your local and regional chapters.

MD DTR #33 Another Wrenchin day

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2007, 09:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by getblown5.9
I have to apologize for the parts going in wrong at first, I just didnt see it come out, or I would have known how to put it back in!!! DOH

anyway i learned alot about the auto tranny and i honestly feel confident in doing the same level of modifications to another one. I would not want to tear it down all the way, but the TC, VB, band and 2nd gear clutch install was not bad!
T.J. --- Apology accepted. I should have paid closer attention to my own transmission coming apart..

I am not as scared of automatics anymore either. There are really not that complex.

With the right tools, I would be willing to go all the way into next time....
Old 04-02-2007, 09:25 AM
P.J
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Good to hear you are mobile, I'm sure you can get the minor kinks worked out with no major issues.

Very nice to have met everyone down there, great group of guys and a really great place to wrench on some trucks! Scotte is a real stand up guy for letting us come down there and utilize his shop/tools & equipment. Not many folks left out there that are willing to share and be trusting of other individuals like that.
Old 04-02-2007, 10:21 AM

Yeah, it was good to meet everyone; and to hear John's sigh of relief when Scotte put the transfer case into gear and watch the transmission come to life. It was the first time I've ever looked that deep down into an automatic transmission - I still think there's some PFM going on in there.

Thanks to Leonard for doing some intake work on my truck.
Old 04-02-2007, 05:18 PM

hell my garage is bad if you want to see a stripped down autotranny there is a turbo 350 out of a chevelle sitting in peices on my garage floor stripped all the way down to the case.
bulabula how are you liking that intake work is the glue we used holding up on there? next time we will deffinitly get that silencer ring out of there for you. so Todd how are you liking your little more of the turbo whine?
Old 04-02-2007, 09:39 PM

Yeah man, I noticed the extra howling as soon as I pulled on to the main drag there. Very cool. I like how it sounds as it spools down also, like the big rigs.
Some guy in a Tundra was messing with me yesterday and I put my foot down and the turbo howling really came out . My wife asked if that extra noise was to let him know he was messing with a bigger truck. I said no just a big turbo deisel

Thanx for doing that BTW Leonard
Old 04-02-2007, 09:55 PM

Leonard, its working like a champ, the whistle is a little more pronounced too. Yeah, one of these days we can try and tackle that silencer ring again. Right now its silencer ring - 3; removal - 0. lol
Old 04-03-2007, 06:58 AM
Banned

leonard can help rebuild an auto tranny and can't get a silencer ring out?

leonard is now banned from touching my truck
Old 04-03-2007, 07:24 AM
P.J
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
One set of guys performing surgery on the intricate internals of 47RE, the others out there fighting with a silencer ring project......
Old 04-03-2007, 10:23 AM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
TKC2000 are you sure the Howling wasn't your wheel bearing.
I've been trying to get the pics on but i can't figure out how to down size them I've deleted all kinds of pics to make room but no worky. I think something is wrong with the site not my pics.
I see other chapters with hundreds of pics and i can't get one to upload. I got PO'd and gave up.
Old 04-03-2007, 04:32 PM

yeah well even ernie couldn't get that silencer ring out!! so i'm not the only one that tried. well TJ, i guess you'll be S.O.L. on doing your tranny, transfer case, and manifold swaps. oh yeah and bumper. oh and lets see what i have done on your truck already: transfer case, tranny, 6" stacks, injectors and i'm sure there are others.
scotty send me the picks over aim and i'll resize them for you.
todd and chris i'm glad you guys are having fun with your free mods we did saturday. just wait til you have a intake and exhaust you really tend to play with people going down the road.
and remember todd you need to keep a kean ear out for that front hub you don't want to have it locking up at highway speeds.
Old 04-03-2007, 08:29 PM
Banned

i was joking leonard, you and scott are two of the guys i actually trust to work on my truck without me looking over your shoulder.

My buddy mike with the jeep ( i know he will read this LOL) was helping me install the new clutch hydraulics and overtightened the reservoir and cracked the mounting flange...I'll learn him how to do this stuff sooner or later!!!!! J/K mike
Old 04-03-2007, 08:37 PM

you know i will always lend you a hand working on your truck. i already told you i was going to be you pit crew for this seasons pulls.
Old 04-03-2007, 08:43 PM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey TJ what's my beer limit before you start lookin over my shoulder?

There were a couple more trucks but some had to leave early.
PS there are some new pics in our gallery.
Old 04-03-2007, 09:00 PM
Banned

who is that cute girl there in the front??

official MDDTR crew dog
Old 04-03-2007, 09:03 PM
Banned

man you couldnt have picked an older picture of my truck to put on there coudl you???

that pic was when i had 33, no toolbox, 5" stacks, the stock turbo, 100hp injectors, and an edge comp...im going to puke thinking about my truck back then

Quick Reply: MD DTR #33 Another Wrenchin day