Natl. and Regional Chapters / Special Events Discuss events and rallies here. Also discuss your local and regional chapters.

MD DTR #33 Another Wrenchin day

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2007, 05:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
scott do you have gummie bears and repair tools? most likely a dumb question.
Old 03-30-2007, 05:20 PM
Chapter President

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by skynyrd
scott do you have gummie bears and repair tools? most likely a dumb question.
?????????
No but i got Wings.
Old 03-30-2007, 05:29 PM

gummie bears are what the plugs for tires are called by mechanics. if not i have some in the garage here at the house and i'll bring them up
Old 03-30-2007, 05:35 PM
Chapter President

Originally Posted by skynyrd
gummie bears are what the plugs for tires are called by mechanics. if not i have some in the garage here at the house and i'll bring them up
i keep all that stuff in the Jeep.
Old 03-30-2007, 05:49 PM

i figured that! thats why i said it was most likely a dumb question
Old 03-31-2007, 09:15 AM

Wow, get busy at work for a couple days and not read the forum and boy do you get backed up quick....

I've some stuff to do today so not sure I can stop by, but I'll try and see what happens. I'm already helping out another friend 1/2 the day so not sure what the boss will think, but with all the work going on, sounds like it will be a long day either way.

Good luck today guys, and hopefully I'll get to stop by and get some of that good ol' smelly tranny fluid on me!
Old 04-01-2007, 11:18 AM

Well I don't see any posts in the help section or 24v drivetrain section from John yet???

Although i also don't see any posts from anyone yet, are you all still sleeping in the cave? Did John get to go home?

How did the tranny work turn out???? Inquiring minds want to know
Old 04-01-2007, 12:11 PM
P.J
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yes, are we shifting smoothly, or is it back out of the truck with heads being scratched?

Seemed like things were going well when I rolled, after the parts were being put back in the correct order and all...........

Too many moving parts in there for me, you guys have more guts than I ever will tearing into one of them things!
Old 04-01-2007, 01:16 PM

Talking

I had a good time yesterday meeting the Chapter and learning somethings .....all the way up til I found out about the left front hub assy

I'll be checking into where to get the replacement part but I won't be able to make the April 7 pull, my better half just reminded me of our other engagement for that weekend.
Old 04-01-2007, 02:35 PM

last i heard they were burping the tranny and getting ready to take it for a test drive.
Old 04-01-2007, 02:37 PM
Chapter President

Talking It's done

Well John and i just finished up at 3pm.
had a small problem when we fired it up and it wouldn't do anything shift wise. So John starts to panic So i got in and started shifting and still nothing, so i looked down and HMM the Tcase was in neutral.
So it runs great with one minor tranny line needing tightened. John just left and i gotta go make Wings.
See ya next time.
scotte
PS i didn't even notice this is my 1000th post. I am somebody.
Old 04-01-2007, 07:01 PM
P.J
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
How about those pictures? A lot of nice trucks down there, that's for sure!
Old 04-01-2007, 08:13 PM

Okay John, you are home by now (hope your camp out in the cave was comfortable). What is the verdict? How's she shifting? How's she running? Come on man....we all want to know, that was scary seeing all those tranny parts all over the cave.
Old 04-01-2007, 10:21 PM
Banned

I have to apologize for the parts going in wrong at first, I just didnt see it come out, or I would have known how to put it back in!!! DOH

anyway i learned alot about the auto tranny and i honestly feel confident in doing the same level of modifications to another one. I would not want to tear it down all the way, but the TC, VB, band and 2nd gear clutch install was not bad!
Old 04-02-2007, 09:17 AM

I dont have a computer at home, so I have not been online until now.

Trans is working good. It has a few bugs to work out, but it runs and shifts fine.

At certain speeds it feels like it drops down a gear when I let off the throttle and then shifts up when I accelerate again. I think it is just the clutches being tight and relaxing when there is no throttle and then locking again when I apply throttle again.
Does that make sense?
I think I am going to contact TimVa and set up a time to go see him and let him drive it.
I still have to call BD and ***** about the missing parts, and they may be able to help me with the shifting.

But overall , I am very pleased with the results.

I want to send a huge thank you to everyone that showed up and volunteered to get there hands dirty for a stranger. There is no way that I could have done this without the garage and the lift and without the help of everyone..

Thank you very much.....

Please let me know when I can help someone else with work they need done on their truck.....

Quick Reply: MD DTR #33 Another Wrenchin day