Natl. and Regional Chapters / Special Events Discuss events and rallies here. Also discuss your local and regional chapters.

Thanks Harold/Cubby for the Idaho Bomb party.

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2003, 02:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks Harold/Cubby for the Idaho Bomb party.

I just want to say thanks on a new thread to Harold for hosting this event. He also did like 7-8 KDP's today and cooked hotdog's for everyone. A lot of people attended today and there should be nearly as many tomorrow.<br><br>Nathan
Old 03-02-2003, 10:20 PM
Lon

Re:Thanks Harold/Cubby for the Idaho Bomb party.

Thanks Cubby for the hospitality and a great time! Last count was 12 KDP's, 3 12v timing adjustments, 1 GSK, 1 plate, 2 sets of injectors and I'm sure I missed something. Thanks to all who travelled far to make it a great party. Big K, DZLPWR, NailBender, and my Dad all from the Seattle area. Heberam with his 700 HP on NOS monster, I'm sorry I forgot your name from BullDog Hoods who donated an sweet airdam for the raffle. Congrats Don Miller winning the air dam. And another gent all from the Salt Lake area. Thanks for coming!!! We all had a great time, Muddy even behaved himself. Thanks Muddy for the hard work in organizing the event, Great Job! Here is a link to some photos I took at the event and I hope you all made it home safe, Lon<br><br>Cubby's KDP Party
Old 03-02-2003, 11:51 PM
Banned

super event ;D ;D ;D ;D

thanks harold for hosting this awsome bombparty. and thanks to all who participated

14 kdp's retained.[fri sat and sun] too many prjects to keep track of. lots got acomplished [yep lon,,,ya missed a bunch. too many prjects 4 me 2 remember]

much thanks to doug hofeldt of airbulldog hoods for donating the damair which was givin away in a drwing. congrats to don for winning the damair

muchas grcias to petrsons stampede dodge fro coming and bringin softdrinks for everyone. good mix 4 the blackvelvet ;D

had many from far away come to the event. thanks for making the journey to make it.

had so much fun. started fri. several were there frinite. stay up late by fire consuming beer. 1st prject started b4 the beer started flowing. kdp on dons rig. nathan was final project 2day.buncha stuf in between. many got lp presure checked and boost leaks checked

i got a wntrfront from eric bu. sucka loos good.

also bullydog wuz there. brett insited i try a bullydogbox on my 03. impresive. makes that hvy rig run well

shore had fun time bs'in wid all my homies.

so much happend cant begin to covr it.

good turnout. 41 trucks plus. [including a dirty4letter f word psd and a f@#&amp; mtrhme

sittin here downin some ranier ;D
wnder where it came from
bueno cervesa
thanks homie

sheeeeeeeeeettttt,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,cant wait 4 the next bombparty ;D
Old 03-03-2003, 12:19 AM

Back in one piece, well, almost , got a few extras , in addition to the pile of stuff that was picked up @ Rip's. You really should have thrown in your bedroll, and taken a seat, Rip!

Safe and sound, at least ;D

Thanks to Harold, and mrs. for hosting, hospitality, and what a work ethic! Harold is a KDP fixin' machine!

Thanks to Muddy, Lon, Jay, and any others who helped organize

Much better drive going than coming. Sounds like we'd a been screwed had we been later on Friday. Mostly uneventful. Once I get the plastic covers for the roof airs replaced, the house will be back to normal. Maybe foreign object, and maybe just UV deterioration, but one let go just west of Pendleton. Tore off and sailed away. Stopped and tore the rest away. The rear one looks to be starting to check crack. On my way to Money (Camping) World!

Wish we could have stayed later today, but we all gotta get up and go pay the bills tomorrow!

Friday nite was a good time. Met some new folks, checked out the local attractions, and DEZLPWR proved himself capable of hanging out w/us. (methinks he's been practicing) ;D Looking forward to another round of margaritas w/Heber! ;D

We all enjoyed meeting some new folks, and putting faces w/names. Learned a lot this weekend. Had plenty of time for Q &amp; A.

Enjoy the Raindoggies, homie ;D, see ya in May, if not b4.

The F@#&amp; motorhome may not have been Cummins powered, but it was, at least, Onan generated

Well done, looking forward to the next one!

Old 03-03-2003, 03:27 AM

Glad you like the winter front Muddy! <br>The pictures I took and then had a disk error, my computer isn't able to see the pics I took If you are able to, either have someone take a pic of it and send it to my E-mail <br>ericbu12@etrucker.com<br>Also if anyone else took pics post them. <br>I had fun running my Nitro RC rar that has a 1946 Dodge crewcab body. top speed of it is 40 mph and it about did it in cubbys field! <br>I brought sanwiches and doughnuts for sunday. all of the Doughnuts and most of the sandwiches were gone. Bombing is hungry work!!<br>Good to meet all the good folks. I spent the night in the shell of my truck. I was warm but it was 22 deg. outside! <br>Great get together <br><br>
Old 03-03-2003, 07:25 AM

I want to thank everyone who came and worked on each others trucks. It was a great sight to see. I especially want to thank Jay and Lon for all the help on my truck!<br><br>The front Damair will go on the truck. NOw if I can find a Scotty I to try and mount down low....HMMMM, another project!<br><br>Thanks, Harold for the use of the shop. Thanks, Muddy for organizing this fun event!<br><br>Nice to meet alot of the names and assign a face to them, even if the faces were blurry some of the time. And I know I'll not remember them all.<br><br>Last thing, thanks to Jay for taking me a ride in his truck. Any got a &quot;40&quot; for sale?<br><br>Addiction is a bad thing!<br><br>Don Miller
Old 03-03-2003, 09:56 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like you guys had a great time!! Sure wish I could have been there. Maybe next time.<br>Bob
Old 03-03-2003, 03:17 PM

Had a great time, thanks for allowing me to &quot;muuch&quot; off you guys. Had to leave, early Sunday got a call on an emergency so had to be back early. Muddy and Cubby were great hosts, and thank Don M. for the offer of the sleeping quarters. Eric, nail-pounder,steve, nate and others had a good time. Next time will plan on spending more time with the locals? : : :<br><br>Steve
Old 03-03-2003, 03:20 PM

Want to add my thanks to Harold. It was a good BOMB party, nice, clean, heated shop. BBQ hotdogs and salads, etc. were great. <br><br>Didn't have anything done to my truck but did enjoy the fellowship and the learning experience. Got to put names to faces and faces to names but will remember very few!!!<br><br>Thanks again Cubby.
Old 03-03-2003, 04:24 PM

Ditto what everyone else has said... ;D Thanks for hosting all of us redneck, trouble-makers Harold. You have an awesome place! <br>It was nice to meet all of the new faces, and see familiar ones as well. <br>Let's make this an annual event! ;D
Old 03-03-2003, 10:23 PM

What a weekend! ;D This party ranks right up there with our last party at Big K's. Thanks to all of you guys that made this event possible. It was great meeting all you Idaho and Utah guys. Lots of truck, people and power, how could it get any better? Invite us again and we'll be there.<br><br><br> Thanks again<br> Joe
Old 03-03-2003, 10:33 PM
Banned

[quote author=NAIL BENDER link=board=12;threadid=11666;start=0#111383 date=1046751824]<br>Invite us again and we'll be there.<br><br><br> Thanks again<br> Joe<br>[/quote]<br>dude,,,,,,,,u is invited to the next 1.<br><br>i can hardly wait for it ;D<br><br>too much fun
Old 03-03-2003, 11:30 PM

Hey Muddy,
When is the next Idaho Dyno Day? I am there for sure... This time I'll bring my rig so i can give Nathan a little competition! I hear the Idaho dynos are much more generous than the WA dynos... :

I love that part of the country. If there was work over there, I'd move in a heartbeat. ;D

You set the date &amp; I am there! 8)
Old 03-04-2003, 12:08 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well I'm glad to hear it was a great time and great turnout and everyone got to &amp; from just fine <br><br>I'm sorry I missed this one but I wasn't taking any more chances on lift pump maladies out on the highway. I got the other one put on this weekend and I'm back up to 14psi <br><br>IdahoCTD how did your valve adjustment turn out? Did you figure out what was going on?<br><br>Muddy keep us posted on a Dyno event, I'm hoping to take the new '03 for a run on the rollers soon after it gets here!<br><br>Vaughn
Old 03-04-2003, 10:09 AM

Yeah Vaughn I got it figured out. I tried lining up TDC different the second time and the intake valves were a little loose from the previous attempt. I went through and reset them (with Harold's help the second time) and it purred like a kitten when it fired the second time. I think part of it was the rough idle from the injector swap. Thanks for all your help Vaughn.<br><br>[quote author=Vaughn MacKenzie <br>IdahoCTD how did your valve adjustment turn out? Did you figure out what was going on?<br><br>Vaughn<br>

Quick Reply: Thanks Harold/Cubby for the Idaho Bomb party.