Natl. and Regional Chapters / Special Events Discuss events and rallies here. Also discuss your local and regional chapters.

July 23 Diesel Pickups At The Buck

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2005, 04:00 PM
Muted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
you could tell some one was trying to put there trash down in our stacks becuase there was finger prints all over the passenger side stack and a muddy foot print on the running board. but they did not succeed, luckily. so thats what happened, we like to keep our truck looking nice and we had to go home with fingered up stacks (it was midnight though).

Cody
Old 07-16-2005, 04:24 PM
Adminstrator-ess

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Some people are just ignorant!
Old 07-19-2005, 09:58 AM
Banned

I will be there...not sure if I wanna enter for the drag racing...but I know my clutch wont handle a sled pull...even tho yesterday i pulled a 9,000lb trailer and put plenty of stress on the clutch taking off each time but it didnt slip.

i dont really know many of you folks, but i am gonna have a small group coming with me so if anyone wants to meet up before hand and grab a little dinner or even meet up inside the parking lot for a little 2 hr pre-game/tailgate party with a grille...

let me know i can bring some food and drink, it would be nice to hang out and get to know some of you guys, look at the trucks whatever
Old 07-19-2005, 04:18 PM
Adminstrator-ess

I'm aiming to be there around 5:30. I'll be parking in the pits if they'll let me drag race. I was just gonna have track food for dinner.

Hey Wexman, if you're still coming do you want to convoy?
Old 07-19-2005, 05:58 PM

Hey Wexman, if you're still coming do you want to convoy?
Yeah, Dave, that would be fine. Still trying to see what the heck I'm doing on Saturday.

You see, Kerry and one of her friends are going to the Nascar race in Pocono on Sunday. They may or may not have a place to stay Saturday night, if so, they are going up Saturday, and I'm free.

Should be able to pin it down by Friday. I sent you a PM.

Scott
Old 07-20-2005, 02:24 AM
Banned

what do you need to enter the drag racing? and what do they race on...dirt or does the buck have a paved drag strip

id like to enter for the drag racing
Old 07-20-2005, 05:19 PM
Adminstrator-ess

I think all you need is a diesel pickup. They run on the pulling track, you race 200 feet which leaves you 100 feet to shut down.

I'm not sure if they will let me run because of my water/meth system. Their pulling rules don't allow drugs. Not like it would do me any good, with 2wd on dirt the last thing I'll need is more power.
Old 07-21-2005, 06:23 PM
Muted User

hey dave, about the water/meth, as long as they dont do tech on it, you should be ok. we/ll be leaving here around 3:00PM to get there before 5:00. also anyone that belongs to the DTR we will prolly be there first and if you see either of the trucks in my gallery (the red one know has turnout stacks), call us over so we park together. not sure which one were bringin so we dont blow the injection pump all the way up there. but we will prolly park along the fence toward the track. hope to see/meet everyone.

Cody
Old 07-22-2005, 12:13 AM
Banned

ill be there right around 5 i hope...ill have my old mans 3rd gen with me, and a jeep. you cant miss my truck, its patriot blue second gen, with the large boxy black bumper up front. i dont know what anyone or their trucks really look like, so if you see a young fella looking lost in the 2nd gen...thats me
Old 07-24-2005, 04:00 PM
Adminstrator-ess

It was a good night for Dodges. Dodges were the top 3 in pulling, and a Dodge was the drag race champion. Unfortunately a Ford beat another Ford in the tug-o-war. Kinda wasn't a PICKUP event with an F-450 flatbed vs. a F-350 crewcab with a utility body. The heaviest truck won.

I had a good time despite not being allowed to drag race. They wouldn't let 2wd trucks run for some reason.
Old 07-25-2005, 12:09 AM
Banned

Good seeing everyone there and I know we didn't see half of the group as many were wandering about on the other side and never came into the pits.As I fought not falling alseep on the way home I came to the realization that Kelly was the smart one by bringing the camper along,LOL.Long day with not sleeping much the night before and that 30 minute drive almost required a nap in the middle in Collinsville,LOL.

I need to pay better attention to those announcers as I never got the name of the winner of the Tug-O-War.Ah well better things to do than watch 2 heavy Fords beat each other up.The immovable force vs the unmovable object was what that boiled down to.You would think the Buck management would regulate weights better to level the field better for the pullers.

Anyway here is the Final 9 Pullers for those who couldn't make it there and their respective distances as they puled last nite.I think I have all the names correct with these guys but one never knows as I had alot of distractions wandering around.

1-Joel Snyder...2005 GMC....293' 7"
2-Mike Funk...2005 Chevy....295' 0"
3-Darren Copenhafer...1998.5 Dodge....328' 8"
4-Andy Kissel...2003 Ford....306' 7"
5-Louis Smart...2001 Dodge....312' 7"
6-Andrew Stevens...2000 Dodge....321' 5"
7-John Beechy...1999 Dodge....290' 0"
8-Bobby Loggins...2004 Ford....293' 3"
9-Travis Bailey...1998 Dodge....291' 2"

Top 3 Pullers...
1-Darren Copenhafer
2-Andrew Stevens
3-Louis Smart

Drag Race..
Phillip Rice(Dodge) Vs. Allen Fletcher(Ford)
Winner-Phillip Rice
R/U----Allen Fletcher

Tug-O-War..
Ford Vs. Ford.....Ford wins...LOL(need to pay better attention and not miss names)

Worthy Notes from "The Buck"...
-I was amazed at Travis Bailey and the young Deckleman shift their respective rides while dragging the sled.It is something that usually a taboo deal within the pulling ranks and usually ends up in carnage for the owner.How either one of them got away without breaking when they did that has me yet wondering.
-Liberator Performance made a "exhibition only" pull with his slick looking 2003 Dodge Ram 2500 with the PDR twins on it.After a rough start the truck settled down to drag the sled out the gate.Shawn is working hard to get the Buck management to add a "twins" class for next year and before we all left it was something they said they were going to do.Time will tell on that as some of us know how they roll there when it concerns the diesel P/U's.
-Phillip Rice(son of the gentleman who owns and runs Antrim Diesel)really had his clean 12 valver running.Antrim is quietly sneaking into the diesel P/U wars and have some good running trucks.Their other truck was Andrew Stevens who dragged his sled shot out the gate in the pull off and destroyed a Dana 70 in the process.Had he not broke the rear we may have had a different winner as that truck was on a mission till it broke.Watch for the Antrim group they are players anywhere they show up it seems now.
-Gene Mohney(aka-Sled Puller) the DHRA Pullers big Kahouna,was seen sneaking around minus his truck.The Buck management is interested in some DHRA pulls for next year.Nothing has been confirmed yet,but,maybe a DHRA pulls there looms onthe horizon for next year if they can both get all the ducks lined up.BTW,Gene was given a present by Will for his truck and all he did was snicker.Will had Gene made a "I heart COMP461" graphic for his puller and he just laughed but didn't take it.Hmmm,rumors have it that it may end up on the truck anyway as we all know how much Gene worships COMP,LOL.
-Lawn Mower racing.....What will they think of next,LOL.Although they did entertain the crowd there and it was amazing at how many people were actually into the whole deal.They were about as serious about their racing as any other form I have seen.The twin cylinder tractors were fairly fast and create some exciting racing.Throw in a couple of them into the hay bales and almost upside down in the turns and the crowd was into them.I was amazed at how much sound the twin cylinder tractors put out and how deep their tone was.Now if we can get Gene and Comp on two of these for a match race it may prove exciting.
-All night long the Buck management kept saying how this was show was on their minds for a few years and they were glad the "first one tonite" was so successful.Those of us who actually attended the first one a few years ago knew better and now hope they keep this one on the schedule.It would have been nice to hear them actually be honest and say that this show wasn't the first one,but,if it stays who cares.
-Dino..Man here is a guy who has the monkey on his back this year and can't seem to shake him.Stay with it man and you get it all sorted out and righted.I'd hate to see you riding around in a Dakota like you said early that night.

I'll end with this..
It was a beautiful night for everything they did and the crowd was huge for the show.Many fine trucks were on hand inside lurking around and from what I was told today there were even more outside.I guess I should have went wandering around outside with my little camera also.I hope they keep this show and don't kill it again as many had fun and it can only become bigger.Hope to see all of you very soon.....Andy
Old 07-25-2005, 06:27 AM
Banned

wow...it was a greta time, we didnt get there til right at 7 so i never made it to the pits. me being a young guy (20) i try to make sure my parents know what im doing sometimes so i drug them out and they really loved it. mom says she'd love to see stacks on my truck now, and dad says maybe some day we can get a father son grudge match out there like we all saw in the tug'o'war.

with a new clutch and turbo next year i may be entering...but not for the sled pulling...not unless i can get some drive train upgrades first. i lvoe drag racing but i stand no chance against any of the automatics on that launch for a short 200' burst. id need a full 1/4 mile to reel in the ferds

id really like to see this event a couple times a year if it was possible...there was a huge showing for it being the "first" year. i'd also really love to see a DHRA event held at the buck too, it would be nice to see some of the big boys with twins etc. come out and pull the sled to the next county. also that lawnmower racing was CRAZY, i loved the sound of those things
Old 07-25-2005, 05:14 PM

Andy, thanks for that writeup. Very thorough and detailed. You have a keen eye and memory, my friend.
Old 07-25-2005, 05:48 PM
P.J
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Sorry I missed ot on this, sounded like a decent time. The wifey came home early, (like an hour after getting there) from work on Friday and didn't feel much like driving up on Saturday.
I guess maybe next time?
Sounds like a few guys from our general area made it.....
Wasn't any of them pesky smoke rolling rigs up there, right??
Old 07-26-2005, 06:21 PM

It was a good night for the Dodges at the Buck !!
Here are videos of the full pull that won it and the final drag race.
Sorry they are so big, I am trying to make them smaller but if you have a good connection , download them first then view.

http://www.noahsarkzoo.com/dtr/full pull buck.avi

http://www.noahsarkzoo.com/dtr/final drag buck.avi

Quick Reply: July 23 Diesel Pickups At The Buck