Natl. and Regional Chapters / Special Events Discuss events and rallies here. Also discuss your local and regional chapters.

Idaho Chapter #21 Invitation!

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2004, 05:58 AM
Chapter President

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Idaho Chapter #21 Invitation!

Hi, everyone in the Greater Nor'West area! I've started this new chapter and would like to set up a meet-and-greet in the near future for everyone within driving distance - (I'm located in Boise ID) -

I've never attended a DTR event, so am more than willing to take input from everyone on what kinds of things we can / should do in the future, meeting frequencies, etc. -

I would like to get something scheduled by the end of Jul so everyone can all get together before it gets TOO hot -

- please reply with proposed activities for our Chapter, and any times / dates that will be convenient for you - I'll sort through / collate / massage the info until I can (hopefully) fit everyone's schedules - for our first get-together, we could probably just reserve a local park and get a BBQ scheduled (as long as we have an accurate RSVP, this should be pretty easy) -

I look forward to hearing from you and meeting you all -

Rauschbo
Old 07-12-2004, 06:01 AM
Chapter President

Question Anybody Out There?? Idaho Chapter #21

....there must be SOME DTR folks in Idaho! Even if 1% of the Cummins Drivin' people I see on the road are members, that would mean that our numbers are pretty notable...

Give a holler if you're in the greater area just so everyone knows that you're out there / here!

As for the invitation to get together - if you would like to round everyone up for something, pls indicate so, or if you're not interested in doing so, pls let me know that as well-----

Rauschbo:
Old 10-19-2006, 05:55 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Rauschbo-

Is there still an ID Chapter active?

Last edited by Marine; 10-19-2006 at 05:56 AM. Reason: Dang spelling mistakes! Lol.
Old 10-20-2006, 08:03 AM
Chapter President

"Active" may be a stretch! I've not been able to scare up any interest in getting together, but....we surely do exist! The member in New Meadows is always posting, but there are few posts from other Id DTR members (comparitively) -

Montana, huh? I was raised there, the family had a ranch outside of Stanford....I lived in Great Falls, Helena, Bozeman, East Helena.....

Whereabouts are your Montana roots?
Old 10-20-2006, 08:08 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
The Bates settled in Amsterdam (just outside of Bozeman) in the 1800's. They are still around there (other than me. LOL).
Dad lived in Helena most of the time, but from 78-91 was in Elliston.
I live in Bozeman.
Old 10-28-2006, 08:23 PM

Bump!

Is there any live people in Idaho here???

I'm still up here in New Meadows, Idaho... I'm trying to gather up people but most are not interrested in BOMBing their trucks...
Old 10-28-2006, 09:57 PM

Sound Good!!!

I'll be there real easy when I live in Boise, How about getting a mobile Dyno, see if Firebird is having a race like the "Hot Truck National", set it up blow some smoke, set some numbers, meet new people, and have a good time.
Old 10-29-2006, 02:19 AM
Chapter President

Sounds like a good plan - any time frame on this? Looks like it may revolve around an existing Firebird event - their schedule shows them shut down until March....

I can give Rocky Mountain Cummins (East end of Boise) a call and see if they would be willing to have an event on their site, if anybody would be interested in that.

Any more ideas / plans / people interested? We've one more member possibly moving here early next year, and I can send out the "official" invitation to see if anyone else is in -

Moparman, I would like to make it easier for you! Any chance of getting something set up in McCall in the late spring (so the snow clears!), or would you mind heading all the way to Boise?
Old 10-29-2006, 09:01 AM

Well if we can interrest people in McCall would be great... The problem is you working with a small group in Boise, ID but... Believe it or not there is a lot of Cummins owners up here and going north into Grangeville, ID...
Old 10-29-2006, 09:32 AM

Sounds good i would be interested
Old 10-29-2006, 02:33 PM

Here we go! See... Not every one wants to drive to Boise, ID some people are located more North... So if you make plans to do some things up north more you might find you got more activity!
Old 10-29-2006, 02:54 PM

Smile

I'm surprised I didn't see this post before now. I live in Caldwell, Id and would love to get something going around here. Count me in.

Rick
Old 10-29-2006, 07:26 PM

I live in Elko, but I'd come!
Old 10-29-2006, 09:06 PM

I think if we actually got something started things would pick up rather quickly since it's hard to drive a mile without seeing a couple CTD's around here
Old 10-30-2006, 03:26 AM
Chapter President

Excellent!

The original invitation was a couple of years ago, and the response was underwhelming, to say the least!

How does early Spring sound to everyone, or do we want to get together sooner?

Moparman - I wonder if we could have a North and South chapter in Idaho, and do joint - events on occasion, as well as our own "regional" events?

I'm good either way, and the drive to McCall is always nice (except for the endless roadwork, and boneheads doing 18 mph while gawking at the scenery....)

Rauschbo

Quick Reply: Idaho Chapter #21 Invitation!