Natl. and Regional Chapters / Special Events Discuss events and rallies here. Also discuss your local and regional chapters.

IDAHO 2 DAY BOMB PARTY, MARCH 1ST AND 2ND

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2003, 04:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re:IDAHO 2 DAY BOMB PARTY, MARCH 1ST AND 2ND

Does he have a place for a 5th wheel? I could bring out my 35' toy house that could sleep some people if need be. Not sure if people are planning on staying overnight or not. It's just a thought.<br><br>I only am 20 minutes away so the drive is nothing for me.<br><br>I'm also willing to through in tools, welder, cutitng torch, things that are needed. Sending my donation to the beer fund.<br><br>Don Miller<br>wanting timing and KDP done. <br>
Old 02-03-2003, 05:51 PM
Banned

don,<br><br>hes got plenty room to park 5ers. just one sewer dump but plenty of spces.<br><br>some of us are stayin fri and sat nites. if ya got xtra place for someone to thro their slepng bags great. beer will be consumed and i advocate eithr sober driving or staying the nite. stay the nite, enjoy the campfire and drink MORE beer ;D<br><br>thro in what tools and stuff ya can. bet a lot of unknown projects will show up
Old 02-03-2003, 08:53 PM

[quote author=MUDDY link=board=12;threadid=10061;start=45#100062 date=1044310023]
ya might throw all that in just in case. the in-lb tq wrebch wld be a good idea as i dont have one and i know nathan doesnt either,,,,,,altho he has done many swaps w/o it sucessfully. we dont have the inj tube puller either. not necesary but handy to have.nathan never uses 1 of these eitr.

Does this mean I'm volunteered for the job? I can handle it. I use the feel method of torque . If the Ol Blue wants to torque things to spec that can be done as well as long as someone has the specs. It might take me a hour if I have to torque things though.[/quote]
Old 02-03-2003, 09:02 PM
Banned

what,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,an hr. take ya twice as long as usual eh ;D
Old 02-03-2003, 09:06 PM

Hey Muddy,<br><br>Not sure if I will bring the camper. It kind of scares me jacking that wobbly thing high enough to load it up. It would be nice to just be able to hook onto a camp trailer and not have to take the toolbox out and everything. Might just sleep in the cab. It definitely wouldn’t be the first time. <br><br>Mike<br>
Old 02-03-2003, 09:49 PM
Lon

It sounds like Nathan has the calibrated arm goin' with as many sets of injectors he's tested. But if anybody would like to have a torque wrench on hand and other assorted electical tools, specialty tools let me know. I've also got a four and a half inch hole saw if anybody has a Scotty Air Filter they want to install.

Hey Rob&quot;OlBlue&quot;, saw your post on NWB and Old Smokey's from your neck of the woods. Maybe you two could hook up for the drive down...

Don Miller, will have the timing kit there so we can handle that for you.

Lookin' good Muddy, going to have a geat turn out!!! Can't wait. Lon
Old 02-04-2003, 02:05 PM

Hi Rotorhead,

I've been talking with Mike. Our departure times aren't quite the same, but we're working on it. Mini bombvoy!!

I'll bring the torque specs and get claw foot sockets if you wouldn't mind bringing your torque wrench (inch-lb and 3/8&quot; drive?). Does the intake manifold bolt really work (thread) into injectors?

Thanks
Rob
Old 02-04-2003, 03:08 PM

Yep it works. If you remove three and loosen the other it moves right out of the way and you dont need a crows foot either. You might need a new gasket though. I happen to have a couple just incase. Also if you remove your rear motor thingy majig (sorry cant think of the name right now, brain fart) it makes the back two injectors easier to change.<br><br>[quote author=OlBlue link=board=12;threadid=10061;start=60#100453 date=1044389115]<br>Does the intake manifold bolt really work (thread) into injectors?<br><br>Thanks<br>Rob<br>[/quote]
Old 02-05-2003, 03:54 PM

OK, I get it. Save the money for bombs instead of tools

I'll definitely be ask'n you for pointers n maybe a gasket with payment in blitzes? Crepes? Burger n soggy fries?
Old 02-05-2003, 06:00 PM

I haven't a clue what the first two are but I know what a burger and soggy fries is. I guess I should keep my mouth shut so I can stand around and B.S. instead of work. <br>I'll probably be changing a set in mine this week and again next week and probably the week after that. So needless to say I should have some practice by the beginning of March. Heck the other truck might get a couple of changes in this month too . BTW I think a friend of mine has a 19mm crows foot. I just use a open ended wrench that is angled. <br><br><br>[quote author=OlBlue link=board=12;threadid=10061;start=60#101060 date=1044482074]<br>blitzes? Crepes? Burger n soggy fries? <br>[/quote]
Old 02-06-2003, 04:12 PM

Dang.<br><br>I'm still waiting on Dealer to replace the APPS on my rig. I had it in there again this morning so they could call Star again. Anyway, I picked up some gaskets while I was there. I was looking forward to introducing you to some home made blitzs. If time allows, I'll make some for you in Ontario the night before.
Old 02-06-2003, 07:20 PM
Lon

I received the first of the contributions for the Beer Fund. Thanks “DEZLPWR”. I’ve been home with a sick wife and kids so I haven’t got prices on the keigs yet. I will be going to work tomorrow and will ask my boss were he has bought his keigs for his company parties. I WILL HAVE PRICES BY THIS WEEKEND”. I will cash the checks once we have enough for the brew-haw. If I do not get enough $$$, I will return checks to all who put forth to the fund. The fund is at $25 right now and I will keep you all posted as the days count down. I’m getting’ thirsty just talking about it. I’m looking forward to meeting all who are showing up and DRIVE SAFE!!! If anybody needs anything or runs into problems on the way in I can be reached on my cell phone: 208-484-3088. Lon
Old 02-07-2003, 11:17 AM
JGK

All those contributing to the keg fund get to be in the &quot;priority line&quot; at the keg(s) Lon, I'll help you chase down sources for the kegs.

On another, more serious note, a suggestion to those expecting to have work done on their trucks. Would you please take the time (and a few quarters) to blast off as much grime from the engine (and if exhaust work is anticipated, under the truck) as you can. It makes it much nicer to work on and less chance of contamination. This particularly critical if we do valve adjustments, injector changes and timing cuz we're opening up the engine and injection pump. Blast the top of the injection pump, around the injectors, and down the front where the oil fill tube connects to the case cover. Everywhere you see dirt and oil. Get a can of engine degreaser and use it first, if you really want to do the job right.

Might be a good idea to hose off the fenders too, so we don't grind the grit into the paint.

Hit a car wash in the area the day before or on your way to Cubby's on Sat. or Sun.

Thanks. Looking forward to it. Only 3 weeks away!

-Jay
Old 02-07-2003, 12:58 PM

Come on guys, don't be cheap.... : I know there are more beer drinkers out there! This will be the first bomb party with keg(s) that I am aware of. Let's make it happen! ;D
Old 02-07-2003, 03:38 PM

STAY AWAY from the engine degreaser!<br><br>It will remove the clear coat from many engine parts. Please consider the use of a strong soultion of Simple Green, or similar. Spray on, let soak, use a soft/medium brush, then hose off. We have used &quot;Oil Eater&quot; from Costco for drips on the driveway, and it works well, but I think that it is too strong for engine cleaning, as well. Simple Green is a safe bet.<br><br>Do this with the engine COLD!<br><br>Jay is correct, as it is much more pleasant to work on a clean rig.

Quick Reply: IDAHO 2 DAY BOMB PARTY, MARCH 1ST AND 2ND