Natl. and Regional Chapters / Special Events Discuss events and rallies here. Also discuss your local and regional chapters.

Fall Brawl 2003 Dyno and Drag Race Challenge

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2003, 09:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re:Fall Brawl 2003 Dyno and Drag Race Challenge

So who is planning on attending?

The talk is heating up on this event..... Rumor has it several members have a few surprises up their sleeves in the HP category. This is one event nobody will want to miss!

Doug
Old 09-19-2003, 04:15 PM
Muted User

hey Jetpilot, dont want to spoil the party but the Lucas oil nationals have been postponed to Oct.3,4,5. Are we going to be racing against the big boys or what. we would like to know becuase i have a friend that wants to come along and watch. Thanks
Old 09-19-2003, 05:56 PM

Maplegrove called and informed me of this last week..... I am in the process of trying to confirm an alternate track. If the track I am working with comes through we will have it entirely to ourselves! I will post as soon as something is confirmed.

Doug
Old 09-22-2003, 09:54 AM

We have a racetrack! Fall Brawl has secured a track to be used exclusively for our event that day. 4 hours of racing and/or tuning. This will be a great time!

Doug
Old 09-22-2003, 10:10 AM

[quote author=Jetpilot link=board=12;threadid=18365;start=15#msg187621 date=1064242479]
We have a racetrack! Fall Brawl has secured a track to be used exclusively for our event that day. 4 hours of racing and/or tuning. This will be a great time!
[/quote]And where would that track be?
Old 09-22-2003, 11:49 AM

Beaver Springs Raceway.

Here is a link to the track: http://www.beaversprings.com/contact.html
Old 09-27-2003, 11:25 PM
Banned

Updates....
Well a week away so as I am off now till the show I'll check and update daily now.

This is the sponsor list for dyno prizes so far and thanks to all those have helped.....

Advanced Diesel Technology
ATS Transmissions
B-D Power
Diesel Dynamics
Piers Diesel
South Bend Clutch
Double S Diesel
Forest City Diesel
TDR
Geno's Garage

So far the food list is lacking,but,I know there will be food brought.As it stands now here is the list and if anyone else wants to chime in feel free.....
Hammer-grill food( not sure what it will be this time)
Proram-Taco Salad
**ICEMAN**-The World Famous "Deer Dogs"
Oasis-3 -The Beer Truck

Vendor list so far looks like these members will be in attendence..
Advanced Diesel Technology
Mass Diesel
Double S Diesel

Drag Racers..
Those who are going to Beaver Springs with Jetpilot will need to let me know if they are going to spin Saturday or wait till Sunday.You can do this at the show keep in mind though we also need to accomodate those who can not attend Sunday or may have to leave early saturday due to work constrictions first.Beaver Bob's place is about a 2hr trip up with traffic so plan accordingly.

I will try to have a place for all to sign in on as I did last year and hope not to miss anyone.Sometime during the day I'd like someone to control the dyno paces so I can mill around a little,LOL.We WILL break for lunch at Noon so all get to eat this time and Dave and the crew don't get all knarly on us.

One last note....
With the departure of those going to Beaver Springs the show will continue till we either finish all the trucks for the day or run out of food and drinks.It is not necessary to plan on leaving if you do not want to go up north, we will run till done.

Proram will be at the helm of my Weber and looks like Rams-n-Hogs will bring his along.Who knows maybe even Shovelhead will show that shiny black Dually off this year again.

What could be better???.
Great Cooking,Killer Trucks,Good Times,Plenty of stories and a good old fashioned stomping of Jeff Knight,Sled Puller and Jetpilot.Hmmm,I can not wait.Bring your hats and lawn chairs,maybe a video camera or 2,who knows these guys might get stomped by a certain Phord pilot...............Andy

P.S.-Squad 54 to Shovelhead...Where are you?????????
Old 09-28-2003, 08:10 PM

Two more sponsors to add to the list:

Old Chickies Hill Inc. Auto Transport
Randelle Inc. Auto Transport

Thanks guys!

Doug
Old 09-28-2003, 09:21 PM

Hello Hammer
That was a great post except for???? ;D ;D What is the schedule for Sat. and for Sun.??
My wife and I plan on leaving N.C. on friday, I still need to get ahold of the campground that Doug recommended.
As far as a food item how does a pot of Chili sound?? If not send me a PM.
Thanks for the great post.
See Ya
Chris
Old 09-28-2003, 09:26 PM

Breakfast on Saturday

Here is a social plan for everyone a group of us are planning to meet up at Bill's restaurant in Hummelstown at 6:30 am for breakfast. Consider this an invite for everyone to attend and then convoy over to Kauffmans to start the event. Bill's is located at the square in Hummelstown, address is 8 West Main Street, Hummelstown PA.

Old 09-28-2003, 09:36 PM

Thanks Doug
How do I get there from the camp ground?? How far away is it??
I am not sure if we will make it to breakfast, we like to relax and take it easy on the weekends.
I will need the directions to Kuffmans from the campground anyways.
Thanks
See Ya
Chris
Old 09-28-2003, 09:46 PM

Chris,

The campground is about 1/2 mile from Bill's Restaurant. As for directions for the campground and Kauffmans I will try and get them posted tomorrow.

Doug
Old 09-29-2003, 10:50 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well,,,,,,,,,,
Looks like I will be having a problem with my eyes on friday and won't be able to see any good reason to go into work for my last graveyard shift friday night. : ;D And since Im on vacation the following week,,,,,,,, maybe the Smurfs can give me a hollar when they pass by our neck of the woods and we will tag along with them on up to the campground,,,,, (if my "Little Blue Truck" can keep up with their "Big Blue Truck" that is,,,,) :
After the weekend activities,,, we're going to take on some of the local PA sites (might stop by the Harley factory if they're open) and then head back down through the mountains and maybe stop by Top's place,,,,, (If we can get by the mine-field and barbed-wire!),,,,, then back home.
Old 09-29-2003, 09:12 PM

Dennis
I still have not heard from my wife, I think she will be home on the 1/2 and we will be leaving on the AM of the 3rd. Once I hear from her I'll let you know. I hope to be up in your neck of the woods by noon. Do you have a camp site yet?? I need to call my wife she has our only credit card and have her make our reservation.

Anyone else that wants to join in on our little convoy let Dennis or I know. The more the merrier.

Hammer/Doug
I do not plan on dynoing or raceing. We are coming up for BSing and some time to relax away from home and also to take in some fall colors.
How cold will it be way up there in Yankee country?? ;D ;D
See Ya
Chris
Old 09-30-2003, 07:39 PM
Banned

Dennis..
Harley tours are open Monday-Friday daylight hours only.Years ago they removed the Rodney C. Gott museum and took it to Milwaukee.The tour includes a trip thru the plant and then to the showroom and company store.Its been awhile since I took one so i will call and check the hours and what they now do.

Chris..
It doesn't matter what you come to do,just drive up and enjoy.The job you do deserves a little down time for yourself.I don't think I can say it enough,but,thanks for a job well done in the big sand trap.So come on up and enjoy our "Yankee" hospitality and cooking..LOL.

Weather is look for the low to mid 60's during the day and low 40's at night.This should give us the ''mineshaft" air for dynoing and produce nice numbers.just bring up some long underwear,I know how warm blooded you southerners are........Andy

Quick Reply: Fall Brawl 2003 Dyno and Drag Race Challenge