Natl. and Regional Chapters / Special Events Discuss events and rallies here. Also discuss your local and regional chapters.

Dyno day in Eastern, NC

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2003, 01:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re:Dyno day in Eastern, NC

Folks the 18 is no good for me. I have a pre-planned fishing trip that day. As far as Sat. goes I wont have another free one until Nov. 1. It looks like I'm going to miss another one :'( I can't win from loosing!

Kimrey
Old 09-26-2003, 11:04 PM

hey guys with the change in date as needed there are several people that wanted too and could attend on the 1th but cant the 18th.ater those days i am booked till december,but if more of you could attend by us pushing the date back i am open,i would really like a big turnout,i am go for the 18th but much after will put me too deep into harvest...shoot me some ideas if you come up with any.....jess
Old 09-27-2003, 02:01 PM

I guess Sun. would be out?

Kimrey
Old 09-28-2003, 10:23 AM

dunno on the sunday thing i would have to check with wayne.any other dates good for you guys
Old 09-28-2003, 08:59 PM

Hello Folks
My son and I just got back from Va., we where up there taking a tree off of one of our friends house.
Our plans for the weekends in Oct are as follows:
3/4/5 a trip up to Pa. for the Fall Brawl.
24/25/26 a trip up to Maryland for the MIR event (Big rig races)
31/1/2 Nov. a camp out and do scarey stuff. ;D

We don't have anything wrote in for Nov/Dec. yet. What are you harvesting that late in the year, it must be peanuts. The farmers down here are done with soybeans and cotten by then.

Jess
I am one of those guys that has to see it with my own eyes. 600 hp out of recycled beer cans is beyond me ;D 8) . All I can say is bring it on. I will even drag my goose neck to the event so I can drag the caranage back home. ;D ;D ;D (you have to have a sense of humor, that is required) I have been talking this up with guys I know in the area wheather they have Dodge, Ford, Chevy or GMC. Everyone has show alot of interest they just want to know when.
On a serious note any weekend in Nov is good for us. Looking forward to meeting you and hope you have a safe and plentiful harvest.
See Ya
Chris
Old 09-29-2003, 06:21 PM

i hope to start digging peanuts by the the end of the week or as soon as it is dry enough.i will start to defoliate cotton late this week or next.it usually takes me til the first of december to pick all the cotton and soybeans,i farm about 5000 acrers.if an early december time would be better for most that is fine with me.i would like for as many as possible to make it .....we still have time to swwitch you guys talk it out and let me know until then i am still on for the 18th.....jess
Old 09-29-2003, 08:54 PM

Good to hear from you Jess, glad you did not take offense to the beer can comment. ;D
If you would please send me a PM on where you are located. I was raised on a farm up in Mich. I enjoy every chance I get to watch or BS with the local farmers in our area.
See Ya
Chris
Old 10-01-2003, 10:06 AM

Dec. 13 ?
Old 10-01-2003, 06:48 PM

Running my truck on a dyno sounds like fun. I would also be interested once a date is set. I am not going to suggest a date becasue my wife and I could our first child any time now and it would be kind of bogus on my part to miss the day that I helped suggest. (the birth is actually within the next few weeks)
Old 10-01-2003, 07:49 PM

Dec 13 sounds like a good as any other day.
What to you think gang??
I know that my under powered "strong running stock" truck with my little 6 cylinder in it has nowhere near 500 hp. But then again I don't think that the Duramax can run that strong (non DRUGGED) either. If I am remembering correctly they dyno just over 200 stock.
This should be a fun event.
This would even be better if we can get a truck from Marine Chevy, a truck from Sanders ford and a truck from National dodge and put them on the rollers.
What do you think??
See Ya
Chris
Old 10-01-2003, 08:31 PM

[quote author=Papa Smurf (CRuD) link=board=12;threadid=19779;start=15#msg191595 date=1065055740]
Dec 13 sounds like a good as any other day.
What to you think gang??
I know that my under powered "strong running stock" truck with my little 6 cylinder in it has nowhere near 500 hp. But then again I don't think that the Duramax can run that strong (non DRUGGED) either. If I am remembering correctly they dyno just over 200 stock.
This should be a fun event.
This would even be better if we can get a truck from Marine Chevy, a truck from Sanders ford and a truck from National dodge and put them on the rollers.
What do you think??
See Ya
Chris

[/quote]papa december 13th is great for me,i started defoliating cotton today and will begin to dig peanuts before the week is out weather permitting.if the 13th sounds better for everyone il call wayne and check to make sure it is open.also to make it interesting papa il bet you 6 of your favorite beverages soft or adult ,that a dmax will go over 500 on just number two.it would be a sucker bet though cause last time we were there my brother spun over 500 with a 3 box stacker on just number 2.also you have mail ....jess
Old 10-01-2003, 08:47 PM
Administrator

Received 52 Likes on 50 Posts

My son (banshee) and I should be able to make it on that
date too! Keep us posted.

-------
John_P
Old 10-02-2003, 04:48 AM

Do you think we need to start a new thread for the new date, to catch the eye of other folks? Just wondering? You mean Dec. 13 is coming together ;D I have been itching to go to a meet. I haven't been to one since winter. I'm ready and excited!

Kimrey
Old 10-02-2003, 06:14 AM

lemme check with wayne and some others who wanted to go and check on the 13th....il be back
Old 10-04-2003, 07:46 PM

ok guys we are set for dec 13th if it works for more, let me know wayne said we were good to go,its up to you ...lemme know

Quick Reply: Dyno day in Eastern, NC