Natl. and Regional Chapters / Special Events Discuss events and rallies here. Also discuss your local and regional chapters.

DHRA Division 1 Race, 6/19, Maple Grove, Pa

Old 06-10-2004, 08:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DHRA Division 1 Race, 6/19, Maple Grove, Pa

The DHRA Division 1's next race is on Saturday 6/19 at Maple Grove Raceway in Mohnton, Pa:
http://www.maplegroveraceway.com

Gates open at 8:00 a.m., Time trials start at 9:00 a.m. and Eliminations 1:00 p.m.

Hope to see many of you there and welcome all new faces...

We need to grow Division 1 a bit. I know there are several diesel racers out there who have just not yet hit one of our events. Come on out and join us for a good day of racing...

If you have any questions, please ask...

Thanks...
Old 06-16-2004, 09:37 AM

It's getting close...

Is anyone from this site planning on attending our race this weekend?

Even if you are not racing. Maple Grove is a great track to visit and is usually full of some great racing.

Hope to see many of you there...
Old 06-16-2004, 11:27 PM

andy how is it ran is it bracket racing or et racing,is it qualifying or does everyone qualify?let me know im interested
Old 06-17-2004, 06:15 AM

Originally posted by Pa outlaw
andy how is it ran is it bracket racing or et racing,is it qualifying or does everyone qualify?let me know im interested
Pa outlaw,

We have three classes in the DHRA.
Street Diesel
Pro Street
Modified

Most of our Division 1 members are in the Street Diesel class which is bracket racing. Depending on who all shows up, we run the classes we have trucks for. For this event I am anticipating a good Street Diesel class.

Here is a link to our website where you can view our rule book:
http://www.dhraonline.com/?PAGE=ruleclassindex

If you have any questions, please ask.

Hope to see you there on Saturday.
Old 06-21-2004, 02:13 PM

Wow, what a great day of racing…

The Maple Grove track personnel, the racers, and the race vehicles were great. The DHRA joined in with one of Maple Groves regularly scheduled bracket race weekends. Our group was in with over 350 other bracket racers ranging from 7 second rail dragsters, to low 9 second snowmobiles…

Well the day started off great for us with Ted Kobi pulling off a 12.14 E.T. in time trails. That run alone made a bunch of Non-Believers at the track truly believe diesels can run. I overheard one guy saying, “That truck sure sounds like a diesel, but it isn’t.”

During Eliminations, Ted Kobi ran the quickest E.T. with a 12.44 at 109mph, Gene Peters had the closest to Dial-In with a 13.59 on a 13.50 dial and in lieu of my 99 being torn apart at home, I took my 98 down the track and had the best reaction time with a .106.

Two (2) local guys, Chad Hornberger(F250) and Dave Kaiser(2500 Dodge), came as spectators but soon had both of their trucks signed up and were racing. This was their first time down the track with their trucks and the smiles on their faces after the first run was priceless.

First round of eliminations consisted of Gene Peters running a 13.590 on a 13.50 dial knocking out Chad Hornberger breaking out with a 15,894 on a 16.00 dial, Neal Murphy running a 17.183 on a 17.05 dial knocking out Ted Kobi running a 12.444 on a 12.00 dial, and myself running a 14.475 on a 14.00 dial knocking out Dave Kaiser running a 17.595 on a 16.00 dial.

Second round of eliminations consisted of Gene Peters running a 13.555 on a 13.45 dial knocking me out when I broke out with a 14.332 on a 14.34 dial, and Neal Murphy having a single run with 17.237 on a 17.05 dial.

And finally, the final round of eliminations consisted of Neal Murphy taking home the first place honor by running a 17.249 on a 17.05 dial with Gene Peters coming in second by redlighting on a 13.560 run on a 13.51 dial.

Congratulations Fester...

At the end of the day, George Case, owner of Maple Grove Raceway, said they all had a great time watching our trucks run and they all are excited about us coming back in August.