Natl. and Regional Chapters / Special Events Discuss events and rallies here. Also discuss your local and regional chapters.

Dallas/Fort Worth Dyno Results Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2003, 03:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dallas/Fort Worth Dyno Results Thread

Well for those of us that couldn't make a trip heres a brand new thread to discuss the results.

*waiting*
Old 10-25-2003, 08:06 PM

Re:Dallas/Fort Worth Dyno Results Thread

I didn't do so great... 400 hp I think. I MIGHT have been able to adjust my wastegate so I didn't clear everything up so much but I doubt it would have helped me tremendously.

Merrick was the highest CTD when I left and a Duramax had just laid down some pretty stout numbers.

It was nice meeting the people I met and overall it was alot of fun.

James
Old 10-25-2003, 08:40 PM

I read on TDR that Don~ 621(#2 only) Highest CTD for the day...

Congrats Don

James
Old 10-26-2003, 10:49 AM
DTR Advertiser

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks James My truck runs mucho better with the new DD camshaft. I cant even begin to say how much better the turbo and engnie work together. I went from the HX55 to a large charger ( Top Secret ) and the spool up is tons better. Even with a 1/8" pipe plug missing from the compressor housing ( I was tired , what can I say ) Can you say major boost leak? LOL!!

Back to the camshaft: This is a major building block that all trucks trying for big power should have. Its a substantial improvement.

Don~

Old 10-26-2003, 03:50 PM

After our conversation, I started giving the DD Cam SERIOUS consideration. Now I have to decide if I am going to tear the truck down before it goes back into the body shop or after... Nervous of tearing into it after

I took everyones advice, and today adjusted my wastegate (external) down substantially. My truck responded well to it and I am now making a haze at WOT and the power is ;D

I am also realizing that I was at too High of an RPM when I gouged it for the dyno.

I was so freaking nervous and had never been on a dyno.

What a blast!!!!!!!!

Did anyone go to the track? I was pushing 40 hours with no sleep so I couldn't hang with the big boys... I'm getting old

James
Old 10-27-2003, 12:09 AM

I had a great time.

The shop started off slow, and I was dissapionted with some stuff they did, but overall we got 30+ trucks on the dyno from 9am to I think 10-11pm, a testament to their hard work.

Made some new friends, cuaght up with some old friends, and met ALOT of nice peeple (except that charlan guy, NAW, just jokin' buddy).

Highest number was Quad's D-Max with a crazy 600+/1100+.
Don_M came in last minute and layed down 619/~~~ (no tach sensor).
David Lott/Diesel Innovation's laid down 500/1050.
I think that was our 1st/2nd/3rd place spots. (details to come)
After everybody left, I was able to lay down a somewhat consistent 500HP. I Need to do lots more tuning!

Next year will be much more organized. I hope yall can make it out again.

Thanks for the picture goes to Steve, aka, Silver Bullet from www.dieselplace.com who did 355.8/632.7 in a D-Max.

Merrick Cummings Jr
~~~~~~
I copied this thread across some other boards. Not al lmy info is 100% accurate. When I'm ot so dead tired, and I get the pictures, I'll update yall.

James,, Nice meeting you. You told me after we ran 'em on the highway that you thought I had 100HP on you,,, looks like you were right. 400/500.
Old 10-27-2003, 09:21 AM

Merrick,
I'm sure in all actuality you have more than that on me

Next time your in town you need to just stay at my house and sleep in a real bed. At my age I don't think I could have put in the hours you did and stayed in the "hotel" you did :

Really nice meeting quality peeps like you!

James
Old 10-27-2003, 09:55 AM

i had a blast, got to meet a bunch of folks from the board. i did 398 and 917. which is close to what i figured. i thought i would have more torque, i was expecting 400/1000, maybe i am just greedy. i wish i could have stayed till don showed up. his old dodge must be doing well. i pussed on putting the hx 55 on mine. i was still on a hx35 and left the #10 in the stock position.
i wasn't impress when the put a duramax on and it did 200 hp and 400 tq. a 2003 dodge ran the same #s [SO truck]. but then they put a quad box on the duramax and it did 400/700. that was sure impressive. a 100 hp box bumped the stock 2003 dodge to 280 rwhp. it was cool to see the differance right before my eyes. mike
Old 10-27-2003, 11:03 AM

So Mike be sure and tell your son he is going to owe me a quarter if you make any mods to your truck

Oh yeah I forgot... He wouldn't take that bet
:'(

James
Old 10-27-2003, 02:08 PM

It was good to see so many trucks at the dyno, especially the freight train on wheels, Merrick. It was fun to watch him put the smoke show on for us on the pavement and the dyno.

Thanks to Wes for putting it together. Bunch of good guys out there it was good to meet some feelow DTR & TDR members.

-CM
Old 10-28-2003, 11:27 AM

First off thanks to our sponsors, we couldn't have done it without them.

www.smdieselperformance.com
www.laredoperformancediesel.com

And now just a few corrections.

Highest HP Quad Boenker 647 Duramax w/N2O

2nd Highests HP Overall
Highest #2 Only Don M 621 12v w/a BIG single charger

3rd Highest HP Overall
2nd on #2 Only David Lott 521 Powerstroke Garret BB Turbo

Best Effort Award Wes Snow 503 24v BD3s,Twins,a little N2O

Merrick had 519 on his first pulls and then came back after the official runs were over and made some more. He could have picked up the 3rd place trophy with his 550+ run. But, he thought that it was unfair to have extra runs and for other people not to.

Kendrick ran on #2 only. We thought he had N2O, But the bottle turned out to be empty.

Thanks to everybody that came. And huge thanks to Merrick for all the work he put into making this thing work.

Also thanks to Modern Musclecar Technologies for allowing us to smoke the crap out of their shop and for putting up with us.

Old 10-28-2003, 08:50 PM

I know there are just a few that are moaning about there numbers...normal, but you guys did an outstanding job putting that event together, do it again and I'll take leave if I have to just to show up!

Jim
Old 10-28-2003, 11:42 PM

Hey Jim, Sorry you couldn't make it. I was hoping last minute you would.

The Ball is allready rolling on the 2nd Annual Big Dawg Diesel Competition.

More info to come.

Merrick Cummings Jr
Old 10-30-2003, 07:09 AM

Merrick, you need to post that pic of doing the burnout on the road here then look at the pic, not the truck but the traffic in the back ground as there is a big rig and a VW....wonder what they were thinking while you were doing that ;D

Jim
Old 10-31-2003, 05:48 PM

IF you wonder what the big rig and VW were thinking, you should have seen the look on the face of a lady that came up behind him, when he first tried the burn out. Merrick was just starting to spool up when she came over the hill. Being the nice guy he is, he moved out of the way, then backed up and did what you seen in the picture. It was great. Can't wait for the next one.

Quick Reply: Dallas/Fort Worth Dyno Results Thread