Natl. and Regional Chapters / Special Events Discuss events and rallies here. Also discuss your local and regional chapters.

Anybody up for a Houston, TX chapter?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2007, 10:24 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wow! Kewl! Maybe we will make it a 30 second ride instead!

My usual choice is Miller Lite.

I may have to let Tyler help me install my Di Pricol Rail Pressure gauge though as a community service project instead of subjecting him to our collective electrical torture amusement.
Old 04-12-2007, 07:16 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by TexasCTD
I'd rather leave the nightstick (asp) alone and give Tyler a 5 second ride with the Tazer. If you have any doubts about it's effectiveness, I will be glad to let you try it out.

On Tyler, right??

MikeyB
Old 04-12-2007, 11:45 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just remember, at some point in time your gonna have to remove the barbs.
Old 04-12-2007, 11:23 PM

Originally Posted by BigBlue
Just remember, at some point in time your gonna have to remove the barbs.

Nah, I'll just let you keep em. I don't want them. Or continue to give you 30 second rides until we all get tired of watching you flop around like a fish out of water. <jk>

Seriously, you are good guy Tyler!! I don't care what they say about ya!!
Old 04-13-2007, 02:11 AM

Well I will be attending this meet and about 4 other buddys so yall are welcome to come I hope we are not the only ones and can see everyone commenting be able to make it.
Old 04-13-2007, 02:12 AM

University of Houston meet

Event Info Name: University of Houston Meet for 2oo7
Tagline: Car/Motorcycle Show
Host: Bryan Styles and Mitch from SPB at UH
Type: Meetings - Club/Group Meeting
Time and Place Start Time: Saturday, April 28, 2007 at 6:00pm
End Time: Sunday, April 29, 2007 at 12:00am
City/Town: Houston, TX
Contact Info Email: ejkoh@uh.edu

The first University of Houston Meet for 2007 will take place on April 28th at 6PM CST. It would be held at University of Houston - Main Campus. The parking lot that it would be held in would be updated closer to the event so please check back.

This show is open to everyone and every type of car and motorcycle (domestic and import; sport and cruiser). So come out and show your car/motorcycle.

There will be food, live music, sponsors, photo shoots, cosplay girls, raffles and prizes. Bring the kids, get your friends, and round-up the family for a night of fun.

This event is completely free, but we do ask for donations (donations box would be set up) because food, entertainment and cops aren't free.

SO SPREAD THE WORD! (If you are willing to send this invite to all your friends on Facebook, let me know and I would make you an admin.)

For those wishing to zone off specific sections of the lots for their car team, email me for more details.

RULES: ABSOLUTELY NO alcohol / NO racing / NO burn outs / NO skating / NO unauthorized solicitations. (These rules would be strictly enforced.)
Old 04-15-2007, 07:59 AM

Originally Posted by TexasCTD
When are ya'll gonna get this thing going?? Just set a date and plan a meet!!

Count me in as well..
Old 04-19-2007, 01:57 AM

Any Houston guys plan on going to thu meet at UofH next week?
Old 05-14-2007, 10:32 PM

bump......
Old 05-14-2007, 11:29 PM

Update!!

Ok guys I finally got the word from the big dogs and we have the green light! The only thing is I have told them to wait on sending the chapter info back to me because I want everyones input on who they want to be the chapter president!

My wife and I have been kicking the idea around about moving back home (Victoria,TX) it is only about 2 hrs away from here. If we do move back It won't be for about another year. I just wanted to let everyone know about that. Even if we do move I will still be a member of the houston chapter. I did that in the past when we lived there with a ford mustang club I was in.

So you guys kick the idea around of who wants to be the president of our chapter and I will let them know. Several had said it was fine if I was the pres but I wanted to bring everything to the table. You guys let me know how you feel and lets get this party started!!

Talk to all of you later,
Old 05-14-2007, 11:36 PM
Banned

Oh Right!! This is awesome news! I am in as well as two (2) buddies for sure, I think you should be prez Mr. Road Traveler. We might want a VP to hold the position in the event we have a meet while you are out of town...? I am as excited as a kid on Christmas! lol
Old 05-15-2007, 12:12 AM

Originally Posted by Muddin_dude06
Oh Right!! This is awesome news! I am in as well as two (2) buddies for sure, I think you should be prez Mr. Road Traveler. We might want a VP to hold the position in the event we have a meet while you are out of town...? I am as excited as a kid on Christmas! lol

Well this is fine with me! I just want everyone to have time to say what they want and we can go from there. I have the green light but they have not sent me the packet yet till we get the pres deal figured out! So everyone let me know how you guys feel.
Old 05-16-2007, 01:34 AM

Yall should just plan a date and time to do it. Maybe meet at a local, easy to get to (highway access) restaurant one Sat or Sun for lunch. Meet each other and talk about the chapter/new prez vote etc...and then go oooooooooh and ahhhhhhhh over each other's trucks!

DHRA will be here before you know it! Just start the local chapter. It doesn't have to be that formal. Lord knows our Chapter in N. Texas isn't very formal at all, but we have a good time....get some wrenching done, dispose of a few cans of liquid refreshment, and make several sponsored events per year.
Old 05-16-2007, 08:25 AM

im cool with a houston chapter......!
Old 05-23-2007, 09:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Seems like all my weekend are always full but sign me up also. I'll try to make as many get togethers as possable.

Quick Reply: Anybody up for a Houston, TX chapter?