Natl. and Regional Chapters / Special Events Discuss events and rallies here. Also discuss your local and regional chapters.

Alberta DHRA July-August

Old 07-29-2004, 05:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Beer and pretty much anything will sound good to me by then! My Rincon got moved to temporary storage at my brother's house here 2 weeks ago-and that was the 1st time it moved for probably 2 months. My quadding buddy got his machine ripped off-and it hasn't been muddy enough at the right times around here to make CNRL pay me to ride it-so it's sitting. Won't go bad I guess......

He has quite a garage full of goodies at the moment-between my Rincon, my MXZ, his Harley and his garden tractor we figured it out to be over $40K worth of stuff at replacement value! I'll probably go get my stuff in the next couple weeks once I get settled at the new place-I guess I don't really need the sled until winter but I've got some goodies in boxes that I need to have on it before the snow flies.....hopefully a foot on Nov. 1st!

J
Old 07-29-2004, 07:00 PM

Sounds like my garage.. only a different assortment of toys.. Boy did i make my neibours mad. I forgot to turn my alarm off and i went wondering in my garage at 3am. alarm sounds and before i could find my alarm key fob i saw about 6 houses with the lights on.. Ohh well i guess a check to see if they look once a year isint so bad..
Old 08-04-2004, 04:29 PM

I'm just gonna fling this idea out...

Would any Alta members be interested in a "tune-day" (which really means "weekend" since the first day would be filled with lots of fish stories LOL).

I admit a bit of self interest here...okay alot. I REALLY want to give the old girl a workover (wait...no, I'm talking about the truck) but I don't feel comfortable enough digging into valve adjustments and P7100 timings without some gurus to hold the beer and tell the newbie what he's doing wrong . READING about it one thing...DOING it RIGHT the first time is another!

I could pay Cummins to do this, but I've done so much work on the truck already I might as well learn the rest!

Specifically...I'd like to do the valve adjustment, timing, some testing on boost pressures (suspect turbo or a boost line isn't behaving properly) and possibly some AFC manipulation as I think someone may have gotten in there and messed with the settings.

Oh...it'd be no problem to go outside Calgary...my garage is only a single and it's currently my waste container fabrication shop (between the bin, metal sheets, square tubing, welder, cutoff saw,toolchests and everything else I have about a 2 foot aisle to walk through )

Any interest?
Old 08-04-2004, 06:41 PM

I'd be in for a "tinker and tune up" day. Doesn't matter where either.
Old 08-04-2004, 10:00 PM
Chapter President

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Heck Ya!!!

I would be all over that Von...

What we need though is our good friend MDKRam to join us as he is know around as a good 12V hand. He helped me alot with mine already and is good at tunin em.

Well then, now we need a location and shop...Hmm...I haven't talked to Spanky in quite a while and he has a nice spot to get together.

J-eh
Old 08-04-2004, 10:07 PM

My place is out, I don't have a driveway let alone a garage! Garden shed, does that count?

Ian's place would be a gooder!!
Old 08-04-2004, 11:32 PM

Dyno day at NADP

Aug 21 at NADP on the north side of Edmonton. Might be cool to attend.
Old 08-05-2004, 12:14 AM

Originally posted by Homestead
Garden shed, does that count?
LOL So long as it's one of those aluminum jobbies, we could pull a Red Green by disassembling the thing, wrapping it around a few trucks and duct taping the gaps!

My neighbour has a nice Ford PS...how I'd LOVE to swamp the street with 10 or so Dodges ( ) A little tight on space here too. Anyone have an acreage? Be a helluva BYOTAD party (Bring Your Own Tools and Dodge).

No worries where it's held...I can pitch a tent or two in the dump body...AFTER washing it out that is (although the lingering odour of garbage might be an effective mosquito repellant...it repels most pedestrians, that's for sure )
Old 08-05-2004, 10:31 AM
Chapter President

Re: Dyno day at NADP

Originally posted by freddy2pipes
Aug 21 at NADP on the north side of Edmonton. Might be cool to attend.
Ya I read that somewhere... I'm out on that one Got a camping trip booked in some of my spare time..LOL...

Well we will have to get on the horn and see what we can get together for a spot. I'm trying to think of someone with a good sized shop we can Invade.

Von, I would love to have a DTR meet on your street to let the neighbors know who's boss
Old 08-06-2004, 12:55 AM

I've got pretty cool neighbours...but he's still driving a Ferd LOL!

Come to think of it...there IS one guy with a Ram CTD somewhere nearby (I live in Killarney BTW). It's a 1st gen Blue Ram that must be running big **** pipes because I hear that guy roar around 2 blocks away (Monty Burns: "...excellent...that pleases me" ).

I gotta stop him one day and get a closer look.

Does Bramhabull have a shop? Hell, he works all the time, so he probably won't mind!
Old 08-06-2004, 10:48 AM
Chapter President

Well there is Brahma and also Dr. Evil in the same blinkin town..LOL. J Hansen lives about 15 min out of Hanna so that wouldn't be a bad local.. Just a little east.

We already had a "central" meet, I was hoping to move the venue to something of interest.
Old 08-06-2004, 11:04 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...threadid=48436

There is no fence, barrier or gate at the border guys.

Or are you a SKEEERED to go to sheepland?

Old 08-06-2004, 11:12 AM
Chapter President

Nipawin is close Central too

I have crossed over but usually wayyy south
Old 08-06-2004, 05:18 PM

Originally posted by Scotty

There is no fence, barrier or gate at the border guys.
What's a "Saskatchewan?"
Old 08-11-2004, 10:00 AM

Holy cow! It's August 11th already...wow!

Well, if anyone is coming down for the Aug 21 (?) event at Race City, let me know soon. I'll send my wife and kids out for the weekend, and I can offer some space for the weekend. We're a little limited on space, but it's dry, and there's a Ford neighbour we can intimidate .

Kraft Dinner and Toast is on the menu! When she goes away, my criteria for meals is "Does it fits in the toaster or microwave?" LOL. Actually, I'm a good cook, just hate doing it for myself!

Barring that, I'm still up for a tune weekend...even if it's only a few people.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Alberta DHRA July-August