Natl. and Regional Chapters / Special Events Discuss events and rallies here. Also discuss your local and regional chapters.

ABDTR informal meet?

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2004, 12:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well I'll tell the missus. We'll bring the little one. HEHE now the wife can see first hand how cool a shaker looks..LOL..

Blygy
Old 11-18-2004, 07:39 AM
Top's Younger Twin

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally posted by Dr. Evil
Mine might be coming as well......but she'll probably go shopping
Thats what Megs is doing. As soon as we arrive...say hello, then go.
Old 11-18-2004, 08:32 AM

Originally posted by Blygy
Anyone bringing their missus?? My wife asked to come and I said sure but I didn't know if any other femmes would be there. What is close by for shopping???

Blygy
There is a mall just across the road. My wife is coming as well but she is driving her own truck incase she gets bored (how can one get bored talking about trucks??). See you all there.

Ray
Old 11-18-2004, 04:10 PM
Chapter President

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Like Ray said, the Bower Mall is just across the road. Fair bit of shopping (well for Red Deer anyway, its not West Ed ) Also in the plaza next to the Gym is Chapters, Winners, Micheals, Future shop etc. There should be enough to keep most busy for the day.

J-eh
Old 11-18-2004, 09:30 PM

Ya forgot about Starbucks.....for some reason the ladies usually love starbucks.
Old 11-18-2004, 10:47 PM

Received 44 Likes on 39 Posts
Wish I could make it. I'll be thinkin about it though.
Old 11-18-2004, 11:15 PM

Location: Alberta Foothills - Power to grow with 6 in a row - XLR8
Greenworks,
I'm coming off a night shift on Sat. am. in Calgary, so I'll meet everyone in Airdrie and then we'll all stop in Bowden to pick up whoever's waiting.
Andy
Old 11-19-2004, 12:42 AM

I got my Power Pup today so if anyone wants to try it speak up
Old 11-19-2004, 10:57 AM

Let the ladies no that a few new shops just opened up too right at the south end, one of which is Home Sense? I think - The home decor version of winners. I know my wife seems to be excited about that.

Best Buy just opened too - I'm excited about that!

If the ladies are into it I can offer them a complimentary workout.
Old 11-19-2004, 11:54 AM

I will try to be in Bowden by 9:00-if I'm not there keep going and I'll catch up at the other end.......
Old 11-19-2004, 01:33 PM

Jason I'll be at bowden at 9:00 should have albert with me from Mckwynnes unless he is too busy. I should note the BD shop in calgary closed down from some bad sevice to customers and negative PR towarsd BD products, and Albert has bought the old dyno It is the old PAAL dyno but it should be good if they get a tach option. I guess dyno day in Olds very soon!
Old 11-19-2004, 02:12 PM

Tach option and a little recalibration perhaps.......

Saw by the looks of your signature that you have upped the ante quite a bit now....maybe I'll have to bring a tow rope and you can drag my sickly old truck along behind.......

Hopefully I'll be there a little before 9:00-but time will tell-the old girl is going down for surgery this afternoon so hopefully all goes well.

J
Old 11-19-2004, 04:56 PM
Chapter President

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by greenworks
Jason I'll be at bowden at 9:00 should have albert with me from Mckwynnes unless he is too busy. I should note the BD shop in calgary closed down from some bad sevice to customers and negative PR towarsd BD products, and Albert has bought the old dyno It is the old PAAL dyno but it should be good if they get a tach option. I guess dyno day in Olds very soon!
Well that must be recent. Razor67 just dynoed there about 3 weeks ago I think it was. Interesting news none the less. They could have kept the shop open and just cleaned house. There are good techs out there.

Get Albert to ante up for the photo-tach. He will be one of the few in the province with that capability. And if there are "correction" factors, tell us. We can take it..LOL..

Looks like the weather may hold, well for sun anyway. Looks like the temp will be around or just over Zero. I will be down at the Gyme area around 9:30 to help scope out parking etc.

Thanks again Body Mechanic for the venue...
Old 11-19-2004, 05:25 PM

Yes very recent, I got my truck back yesterday and Albert was mentioning that he picked up the dyno. and two lifts. It has the phot-tach already but the bone heads in cow town didnt want to take the time to hook it up. He say's he is still going to try to make it up tomorrow. See ya all tomorrow..... hope your bringing your thinking caps cause I am going to be asking lots of questions.
Old 11-19-2004, 06:50 PM

Hey razor, Albert tells me your alarm works REALLY well

AS far as the BD shop, Brain Roth had enough complaints and just shut it down, I think maybe there is alittle side deal with Mckynne and BD head office as he is the Largest BD dealer in Canada and really close to Calgary already. Anyway Albert is building another shop fro the dyno in the same parking lot and should be up and running somtime in the new year he hopes, I'm swinging by the shop in the morning and if it Albert can get away he going to come.

Jason you figure I'll have to drag you up Antler Hill

Quick Reply: ABDTR informal meet?