Natl. and Regional Chapters / Special Events Discuss events and rallies here. Also discuss your local and regional chapters.

2006 - Ozone Depletion Tour - Atlanta

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2006, 08:28 AM
Administrator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I put this event on the site calendar also.

I'm still planning on being there and will be calling the Pottery Campground if I bring the 5er.

David,
Do you know if there will be any dry camping at the track?
Old 08-22-2006, 09:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RATTLINRAM
I put this event on the site calendar also.

I'm still planning on being there and will be calling the Pottery Campground if I bring the 5er.

David,
Do you know if there will be any dry camping at the track?
I don't know, but outside the gate I would expect it would be ok. Need me to check for ya?
Old 08-22-2006, 11:57 AM

We are fast approaching what promises to be one of the best days of the year for diesel dragracing.

Hayes Family of Dealerships has provided the event that will be a drag racers dream. Ton's of racing action including I've been told now 12 Nostolgia Nitro funny Cars.

TS Performance, Sun Coast Converters, Mass Diesel, Stuckey Racing, DP Tuner, and Silverline Exhaust have made it possible to have a 1st ever purse for Top Diesel competition. Who wants to see if Scheid can achieve that 200 mph mark?

Competition Diesel.com will be adding $100 for the quickest of each brand (Chevy/Ford/Dodge) truck during competition.

South Bend Clutch is providing a $250 gift certificate and Diesel Performance Motorsports is providing $200 cash to the quickest manual transmission truck to run during competition rounds.

Of course payouts as previously listed too.

The DHRA will bring the Diesel Power! Drag Racing series to Atlanta too. Pro Street had their first 9 second pass in Rockingham. How many will be there by the time the dust settles?

Quick Diesel has a close points chase going with some really strong contenders. You just gotta see this class run. Side-by-side action all the way down the track.

And you bracket racers need to come out in force. Nice purse for you guys and I want to see you compete. Test and tune is nice, but it doesn't pay anything. Come test your skills for some payback.

This is shaping up to be a great race and with it being the 5th year for the DPM shootout, I am excited as can be. Look forward to seeing all of you.
Old 08-22-2006, 06:50 PM
Chapter President

So, other than test & tune, there won't be anything going on Fri.? Looks like all the action is gonna take place Sat. Where are most of ya'll staying at?
Old 08-22-2006, 08:51 PM
Administrator

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by DavidTD
I don't know, but outside the gate I would expect it would be ok. Need me to check for ya?
Thanks David,
I know you're busy and if you get a chance to ask someone, that's great, but don't worry about it if you don't. The Pottery Campground has also been a great place to stay and very reasonable for full hook-ups,,, close too. I've got to call Chris and see what his plans are also.
Looking forward to that weekend!

Dennis
Old 08-22-2006, 09:22 PM

Hello all
Here is my plan as of today 22 Aug.
My son and I will be dragging the 5er down to the Pottery Campground on Friday the 8th of Sept. We will be watching and B Sing all day the 9th of Sept and driving back to N C the 10 th of Sept.

We have been going to this event for 4 or 5 years now and it has always been a great event. The best part of this event is the time you get to just go out and talk to the folks that lay down those unbelieveable times you see posted on the inter net. Believe me those are real.

After watching for 4/5 years if I was wanting to build a "Go Fast" diesel truck I am thinking I would talk to Jeff and/or David. David knowns who I am but I have shakened Jeff's hand a couple of times and I don't think he knows who I am.

I have made this a event that I would not miss just because of the (lack of a better term) fellowship that is present in the pit area. It seems that everyone with a Diesel is in the family.

That is all I got to say
Hope to see you there.
I will be in a 2004 3500 white dually by the way can run a 14:06 down the 1/4. It maybe faster I just haven't been able to get it to the track lately.
See Ya
Chris
Old 08-23-2006, 10:54 AM
Chapter President

Well, I called every motel there and all have been booked allready I guess I waited too long . Other than putting up a tent at one of the campgrounds, is there any other option around there? I need to get my slide in truck camper soon, so I don't have to worry bout this anymore.
Old 08-23-2006, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by streetsmoker
Well, I called every motel there and all have been booked allready I guess I waited too long . Other than putting up a tent at one of the campgrounds, is there any other option around there? I need to get my slide in truck camper soon, so I don't have to worry bout this anymore.

Holy Cow. There are quite a few hotels there. I'll send you a PM.
Old 08-30-2006, 05:18 PM
Administrator

I called the Pottery Campground Monday (got someone filling in for the regular reservation person) and reserved a spot (pull-thru), but they called today and moved me to site #43 (back-in) saying the other spot was already reserved. No big deal, but she did say they don't have many spots left and that they were all back-in's.
Old 08-30-2006, 08:11 PM

Hello
I will be calling tomorrow for a site @ the campground. If there are any spots left I will be coming down on the 7th and leaving on the 10th. I am planning on dynoing Leigh Ann's truck, no racing for me. I will be doing a bunch of bull S---ing and watching.

See Ya
Chris
Old 08-30-2006, 08:17 PM
Chapter President

I wish I could come down for this event. I'm going to try to head down to Jacksonville, NC on the 9/16 for Midnight Madness.

Hope ya'll have a good time.
Old 08-31-2006, 05:17 PM

Hello
I called and and the nice lady on the phone has me in site 41.
Here is the phone number if anyone needs it (706)335 5984. Thanks Dennis.

I should be on the road mid morning on the 7th. If I recall it is about a 8 hour ride for me.

See ya
Chris
Old 08-31-2006, 05:19 PM

Mike
It sounds good to me, if the weather is nice I'll be there.
See Ya
Chris
Old 09-02-2006, 09:07 AM
Administrator

Hey Chris,
You won't need to worry about "The Frying Pan" ,,,, ,,,, however,,,,,, any late night knocking might bring Shovelhead to the door with his Colt. Ed is gonna ride down to my place and then ride the rest of the way with me.
Old 09-02-2006, 11:51 PM

Hello
That sounds good.
I will try and catch up with John_P and see if he wants to ride down there with me. I am still planning on leaving sometime in the morning of the 7th.
I should be there sometime in the afternoon of the 7th. We can try and find David and go bother him and his folks for a while. I don't know what the plan is for friday.
I will be getting stuff ready to go for the weekend. I plan on doing a whole bunch of NOTHING. The only work I plan on is 1 figuring out what I want to eat. and 2 cleaning the dishes afterwards.

I will be bringing the camera so I can send stuff to Leigh Ann.

See Ya
Chris

Quick Reply: 2006 - Ozone Depletion Tour - Atlanta