MODTR #30 Forum for the Missouri chapter #30

What should be done next years blackout?

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2009, 07:30 AM
Chapter President

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What should be done next years blackout?

Just incase your not on the CF I thought I'd give some of you a chance to give your oppinion for improvement on a good event.
Old 10-22-2009, 08:42 AM

Organization would have to be #1 for me. I participated in the racing and for the longest time the participants had no idea what was going one. I think a drivers meeting should be held and all rules and regulations layed out in black and white so there is no bickering when someone loses or gets beat or smokes out a sensor. Secondly I would like an event to set times and a schedule and stick to it. If it starts at noon start it at noon. I also think getting the word out about these events is a huge key. I didn't stick around for the pull so I don't know what happened there. Just my .02 I think the Blackout has the potential to be a great event it just needs a lot of organization.
Old 10-22-2009, 10:55 AM

i agree with the above. i raced and we all were wondering when they were going to annouce it as starting? that and next year if they could get a few vendors in there i would say that could help with the turnout as long as you can get the word out
Old 10-22-2009, 12:28 PM
Chapter President

There are lots of diesel drivers that aren't on any forums. How would we get the word out to them? They charged 15$ for us to get in this year and if only a 1000 showed that's 15k duh. Well if there's 3k people why not put an add in some of the local papers and maybe bilboards? Letting people know as soon as possible when the event will occure will let the word of mouth work good also. I saw one of they guys that was on this forum alot but no longer is 3 days before the event and he didn't know anything about it. My guess is 90% of the people who showed up were on these forums or a close friend. There's lots of people that would show up if they knew about it. Might help reduceing the gate fee or familly discounts also.
Old 10-22-2009, 04:18 PM

i think you would ask sponsors to advertise on local radio stations etc... not sure how much an ad in Diesel Power (or other publications) would run
Old 10-22-2009, 04:51 PM

The day of it was on 92.9 and 104.7 I believe, a little late in my opinion. The Blackout in June was in Diesel Power as one of the most attend events of the summer. If a bigger turnout is wanted or expected the event must be much more organized. I believe they have been having it for 2-3 years now so they should be getting the hang of it. I know ownership has changed at the track but BTS is always a sponser and they could help with organization.
Old 10-22-2009, 05:57 PM

I'm not trying to be negative about this deal I love the event and I think it is great and would do anything to help get it going...But if everyone thinks there will be around 5,000 people there next year and there was around 1,000 this year and you are all intelligent enough to know that is about 5 times as many....Now everyone wont drive separately but one could expect there to be around 1500 more cars and trucks if there was an average of 2-3 people per car.And from what I saw right before the truck pull started they better have a very good winter of construction to be able to hold that many vehicles...I hope it does get that big but I dont expect that big of an increase in just one year...... But I would love to be wrong
Old 10-23-2009, 11:48 AM

5000 people is a drop in the bucket compared to a Street Machine Nationals shootout crowd. I remember having to park up the road in a hayfield one year. Advertise in the Diesel Mags in advance. Get some sponsors to pay money to bring in the big boys. Spectators want to see the fast guys and the modifieds pull. Pay some of the exhibition diesels to come in. Let the Show-me Smokers make it a points pull. Even a double points pull to ensure everyone is there. And let them tech with their rules that everyone is used to running under. The Chance's can handle the racing side of things. They will have owned the track for over a year next season and will be more on top of things. But I would let the Show-Me Smokers take care of the pulling. Contact Hillbilly Action Videos and have him film everything. Sponsors and payouts will probably be your biggest competitor draw. Setting up a vendors row would probably be a good idea. Might even contact NADM if necessary and see if they would be interested in adding it to their event schedule based on the popularity.
Old 10-23-2009, 12:37 PM

Cheap concessions also go along way to bring people in. With as many resturants as there are in the Springfield area I think that some would possibly even set booths or tents up. Especially the BBQ style places.
Old 10-23-2009, 09:21 PM
Chapter President

I hope the track owner is reading this thread. Missed you at the event MC.
Old 10-24-2009, 01:22 AM

i had fun and stayed sober. some of you had a suprise there by seeing me that way.......
Old 10-24-2009, 05:33 PM
Chapter President

Originally Posted by Pack Mule
i had fun and stayed sober. some of you had a suprise there by seeing me that way.......
Suprise Suprise good to see you out and about. Know of any good 12v for sale I've got a friend looking for one.
Old 10-24-2009, 09:42 PM

TD the hole truck or just a block?
Pack, i wasnt surprised, I figured youd be making your way around again, pretty soon.
Im thinking of putting ole Midnight up for sale if anyone knows someone wanting a truck, pull ready next season
Old 10-24-2009, 10:52 PM
Chapter President

CD whole truck.
Old 10-25-2009, 11:05 PM

i agree to alot of this. i also hate stupid ppl.

Quick Reply: What should be done next years blackout?