MODTR #30 Forum for the Missouri chapter #30
View Poll Results: MODTR-30 WRENCH DAY ....
I have BOMBs to install but don't need help.
23.08%
I have BOMB's to install & I'm gonna need some help.
38.46%
No BOMB's for me, but I want to help out.
53.85%
I'm just here for comic relief ... and clean up duty !!
23.08%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Modtr-30 Wrench Day

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2007, 07:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Modtr-30 Wrench Day

Who's up for breaking out the tools and BOMBs ???

MX684 has graciously donated some space in his dad's heated garage for us to do some tinkering.

Please respond to the interest poll and if applicable ... post what type of work you would like to have done. Probably a good idea if you let us know if this is a project that you may need help with ... maybe someone has already done it and can lend a hand.

If you don't plan on working on your own truck but want to help out &/or learn ... then please post that as well.

MX684 .... please fill us in on any particular rules that we may need to abide by while at your shop. We want to conduct ourselves accordingly so we can be invited back !!

Cheers,
PISTOL
Old 11-20-2007, 08:10 PM

As for me ... I will probably have my tranny bands re-adjusted by then but if not ... I would like to do that.

Hopefully I will still have my work issued toolbox, in case someone needs to borrow some tools, drill, Fluke ... etc .

I will be there to BS, lend a hand & hopefully learn a thing or two as well.

Cheers,
PISTOL
Old 11-20-2007, 08:22 PM

Nothing specific really....we have a stereo, ping-pong table...a few chairs....so ya'll might just wanna throw in a couple lawn chairs, any "specialty tools" that you might need. (we have alot of the basics, wrenches,sockets, grinders, welder, etc.) and perhaps coolers with whatever beverages you might want....if anyone has any other questions or anything feel free to ask....its located about 6 miles southwest of nixa...(which is the next town just south of springfield, (bass pro)
Old 11-20-2007, 11:27 PM

I just ordered the rest of my parts for my on board air. Don't really need help but don't really want to work out in the cold. .
I wouldn't mind checking my timing if anybody has the tools. Most of my wrenching experience is 24v stuff, still learning about the undervalved stuff.
Old 11-20-2007, 11:30 PM

I'll be the comic relief... I just want to blow something up. Oh wait, already did that tonight! One good thign about being back in PA!

Wait, your in Battlefield. I'm just in brookline, you maybe in my line of sight....
Old 11-21-2007, 12:00 AM

hey gs..you would be please to know, that this is out in the country, so i just might be able to let u blow sumthin up for us.

lurch, im not sure what tools are required to check timing, but anyone that finds out what they need can ask and see if i have if, and if you all have stuff you wanna do but dont want help, just the heat, thats perfectly fine, im just all about the socializing, and if someone needs help with anything, ill do whatever i can.
Old 11-21-2007, 07:22 AM

I'll try and make it. My only un-installed mod is my nitrous set-up and I've been leaving that off on purpose since I haven't installed the oringed head with the studs yet. But I'd be glad to help. And I'll try and convince a Kingdom City guy to show up that knows a little about timing and tabbing the KDP on the 12 valves.
Old 11-21-2007, 07:39 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've done most mods on a 12v and can lend a hand in doing whatever. I'll have the truck apart most likely by then, but could come down and help.
  • Timing
  • KDP
  • AFC Mods
  • Fuel Plates
  • Gauges
  • Turbo
  • GSK
  • Valves
  • Valet Switch
  • Wastegate Mods
  • yada, yada, yada
Old 11-21-2007, 08:05 AM
Chapter President

Anyone adjust the valves on a 3rd gen. With a little help I can do it myself just want to get started right.
Old 11-21-2007, 08:50 AM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I still want ot bump my pump up 1/8th, but not sure about making it down there..
what date and where are ya?
Old 11-21-2007, 09:28 AM

i need a clutch
Old 11-21-2007, 10:38 AM

well as far as the date, it hasnt been set yet.....im pretty open for whenever, so i suggested to pistol that we mention it to everyone and see if there was interest, and if so those that would like to come could help decide the date for what would work best for them, that was the plan anyways....
its located about 6miles southwest of nixa. which is the next town south of springfield...so say from bass pro, you would be looking at roughly another 20 miles or so?/ give or take...i had thought if we do it that i could meet up with everyone at an easy to find location or something, bass pro, a walmart, etc, then everyone could just follow me out..??? lets hear your opinions...
Old 11-21-2007, 01:26 PM

i have a list longer than i am tall... however, i can narrow it down to relocating puke bottle & cleaning radiator, adjusting bands, adjusting valves, and getting the darn transfer case to stop coating the underside...

i'll have to post pics of my recent "upgrades"
Old 11-21-2007, 01:51 PM

lets see i need a boost fooler clutch and gauge pod. uhh oh ya and my gauges hooked up. i think thats all unless some1 can tint windows.
Old 11-21-2007, 01:54 PM

what you need a boost fooler for??/ i thought you had a comp box on there

Quick Reply: Modtr-30 Wrench Day