Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums

Dodge Diesel - Diesel Truck Resource Forums (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/)
-   MODTR #30 (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/modtr-30-143/)
-   -   MODTR-30 Chapter thread (https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/forums/modtr-30-143/modtr-30-chapter-thread-150666/)

mcoleman 08-10-2007 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by Chrisreyn (Post 1641183)
Aint it?? I've been trying ot work'em early morning, 0630-0900, and stillhad a mare start dehydrating on me, so theyare pretty much sitting... teh humidity up here is the bad part, 100 degrees in August is par for the course, but not with dew points in the 70's and 80's....

So anyone intersted in a lunch/brunch BS session?

We've been trying to leave around 5:30 am to go get our riding in. By 8:30 in the morning the horses will already be soaked. Have to keep the ole electrolyte paste in the saddle bags on days like this just in case.

mcoleman 08-10-2007 12:48 PM

We try and use the old code of adding the temp and the humidity together to determine when it is safe to ride. Anything over 180 is no go for any horse regardless of condition according to the folks that are supposed to know it all.[laugh]

mcoleman 08-10-2007 12:53 PM

To determine whether your horse’s ability to sweat will be affected, add the outside temperature to the level of humidity for that day. For example, if it is 90ºF outside with a relative humidity of 15%, your total will be 105. If the number you get from adding these two together is less than 130, then your horse will be able to cool himself with little or no problems. If the number falls within 130-150, then the ability to cool will be moderately affected. If the number falls within 150-180, then the ability to cool will be greatly affected and your horse will probably need assistance in doing so. If the number is above 180, all normal cooling mechanisms will not work and you should take extreme precautions to protect your horse in this dangerous zone.

This comes from the University extension office and the Endurance riding folks. WHERE IN THE HECK IS THE HUMIDITY ONLY 15%? [laugh]

Chrisreyn 08-10-2007 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by mcoleman (Post 1641459)
To determine whether your horse’s ability to sweat will be affected, add the outside temperature to the level of humidity for that day. For example, if it is 90ºF outside with a relative humidity of 15%, your total will be 105. If the number you get from adding these two together is less than 130, then your horse will be able to cool himself with little or no problems. If the number falls within 130-150, then the ability to cool will be moderately affected. If the number falls within 150-180, then the ability to cool will be greatly affected and your horse will probably need assistance in doing so. If the number is above 180, all normal cooling mechanisms will not work and you should take extreme precautions to protect your horse in this dangerous zone.

This comes from the University extension office and the Endurance riding folks. WHERE IN THE HECK IS THE HUMIDITY ONLY 15%? [laugh]

arizona maybe??? never here thats for sure..
Thats good info Mike, I hadnt heard that before....

Chrisreyn 08-12-2007 05:37 AM

Well, you guys missed out, them Texas boys bought dinner.......

Hooked up with them at the Flyin J in Emporia, nice guys, had a good visit..

So........

whats it take to get you guys interested in a meet?????? or is this jus ta busy time of year for everyone?

crobtex 08-12-2007 05:10 PM

It was good to meet you Chris. That's a very nice little truck you got there.

If you ever get down this way again, be sure to let us know.

The pic of you and Rob is awaiting approval.

crobtex 08-12-2007 05:11 PM

Approved as I was typing................:)

https://www.dieseltruckresource.com/...Rob_Shrink.JPG

Pack Mule 08-12-2007 05:49 PM

ya'll missed one heck of a time at the cruise. can you believe some people don't like the black smoke?? talk about wierdo's. saturday night we had 16 diesel's together makin tons and tons of smoke. it was great i broke my traction bars and ended up having to take them off. there was alot of people that loved it though. i even had permission from several cops to do it, some of them wouldn't let me though. i'll hopefully have pics to post on here for ya'll.

Tree DR 08-13-2007 06:05 AM

Ok! I know you guy's are a bunch of animals. Back to the trucks. I was in Branson Friday night and I did see three Dodge diesels trailing each other. Only saw them going west they never came back while I was there. Who were they?
I'd love to get together if I had the time. It is kind of hot for horse rideing as well as working outside. We're so scatterd out it's hard to find a location that's works for everyone. I know there are more people around Springfield who occasionaly drop in on us here. Just wish they would make it a point to meet here some where.

Chrisreyn 08-13-2007 06:15 AM

Ok, I have sent John another message about hosting a dyno day and volunteered our membership to help out if needed...

mcoleman 08-13-2007 07:27 AM

I missed the cruise for the first time in a long time. We had tickets to go to the drive-in through the wifes work and received them about 3 weeks prior to the movie. By the time the movie got over with it would have been 12:30 when I rolled into Branson which is way past my bedtime. So we went to the house instead of trekking to Branson.

Pack Mule 08-13-2007 10:33 AM

tree dr what color was they and give me a description. it may have been part of my group before we got all 14 of us together.

PistolWhipt 08-14-2007 06:37 AM

Hey fellas,

I made it back home for a few days ... WHO LEFT THE HEAT ON ??? Good Lord it's hot around here !! Went out to work on the truck yesterday and actually broke a sweat ..... luckily I had plenty of frosty cold adult beverages in the fridge to fight off the heatstroke [laugh].

Man ... you guys have been busy. Everyone's meetin' up, smoking out and by the sounds of all the eating going on ... gaining a couple lbs along the way !!

Anything happening this week / weekend ?? I'm hoping to be in town long enough to meet up with you guys.

Cheers,
PISTOL

Chrisreyn 08-14-2007 06:48 AM

HEY STRANGER!!!!!!!
Where ya been hiding? Been trying to get ahold of John ove rat Floor It Diesel to see about setting up another dyno day, but nothing realy going with it yet.
Dont know what else is in the works.........

Pack Mule 08-14-2007 11:17 AM

it's not hard to get ahold of john. all you gotta do is call early in the mornin or around 5:10. and sometimes at 10.