MODTR #30 Forum for the Missouri chapter #30

MODTR-30 Chapter thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2007, 08:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MODTR-30 Chapter thread

I thought we better start a general chapter thread so we have a central place to cuss and discuss amongst ourselves.

Mike ... any info to put out for the Rogersville Drags in June ?

Everyone have a great weekend !!
PISTOL
Old 05-14-2007, 07:37 AM

Still on. John Isaacs of Floor It will be doing the dyno. I think the track owner is putting the flyer together and I will post that as soon as he is done. Hoping to have 1 heads-up pro-street style class and 2 bracket classes. One for manuals and one for automatics.
Old 05-14-2007, 01:34 PM

i'm hopin to have my injector problem fixed. dropped #3 saturday.
Old 05-15-2007, 12:18 PM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It has dawned on me that the quickest way to resolve the various issues my truck is continuing to develop is a quarter stick of dynamite and a half gallon of gasoline......
anybody up for another BBQ???????
Old 05-15-2007, 12:29 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Mmmmm.... diesel marinated BBQ?

EPA may complain, but tasty!

Rich.
Old 05-15-2007, 07:44 PM

Pack ... what do you mean you dropped # 3 ? It just quit or plugged or what ? These aren't the stock injectors are they ?

Chris ... you got another problem pop up on ya ?

Sounds like we definately need to have a wrenching day. I know B.E.R.T. could use some attention.

Rich ... are you gonna make it down to Rogersville for the races ?

PISTOL
Old 05-16-2007, 12:27 PM

the high rail pressure that the common rail engine plus some of the things done to my truck kinda made the body and tip crack. well it actually made 3 of them crack. yay for me. but it's runnin like a champ now i finally got it fixed. and i'm hopin it stays that way. and chris if you're planning on making a diesel BBQ, make sure my truck is no more than 10" away. and i'll be sure to have a full tank of fuel. and i got stacks now. i'm not sone with them though, gotta cut the tops to make them mitre and make me a cover for the pipe in the bed.
Old 05-16-2007, 12:36 PM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by PistolWhipt
Chris ... you got another problem pop up on ya ?

PISTOL
Well lets see... teh speedo quit again and i cant ge tit going, I have replaced everything but the wires in teh harness
have a vacum leak or some other problem that is causing a lot of blow-by, cant trace it down to be sure......
fuel gauge isnt working right, never sure how much is in teh tank, and with the speedo/odometer down, cant track it by mileage .......
Coolan tleak "fixed itself"....like I trust that??????? probably need a head gasket before I hydrualically break a piston or two..
LR wheel seal has gone out again, so new seals and shoes again....

is that enough for a start????????????
Old 05-18-2007, 09:12 PM

That ol' truck is definately well "broken" in . Mine has a few issues that I really should get around to fixing but since they aren't safety items or something that keeps me from rolling ... they can wait.

They had some kind of Model A get-together out here in Mtn. Grove the past few days .... probably 50 of em lined up in the grocery store parking lot this evening. Neat to see. I heard there is going to be a truck pull at the fairgrounds tomorrow ... may have to check that out.

Cheers,
PISTOL
Old 05-20-2007, 01:25 PM

Speaking of model A's I saw 3 or 4 of them a week ago traveling down I-70 in a convoy all with north carolina plates. That must have been a long drive in one of those.
Speaking of meckanical problems last week I had to replace both my front knucle U jounts in my front axle. While it was down i noticed the lower ball joints had some play so I replaced all 4 of them and also installed new brake rotors while it was apart. The only problem now is it looks like the right axle seal got damaged when we removed and installed the axle. When I came outside yesterday I noticed a small puddle of oil by the wheel and saw it was comeing out of the end of the axle tube and the truck had only been parked for about an hour. Anyone know how hard it is to replace that seal? do you have to remove the 3rd member to get to it? I guess I will just have to keep it topped of with oil for know.
Old 05-20-2007, 04:54 PM

Is it the inner seal on the driver's side ? That's the one that I screwed up (still not fixed). If I remember correctly, you get at it thru the pumpkin ... so all the guts have to come out.

PISTOL
Old 05-21-2007, 09:25 PM

No it's the pasenger side seal. I was afraid someone would say that. If its got to be torn down that far I guess both should be replaced. Still not sure if this is something I want to take on. I guess I will just get a bottle of oil and keep topping it off for now.
Old 05-22-2007, 02:50 PM

Guys, I made another post and put a link to the race and dyno day at the track on June 9th. Sounds like an excuse for MODTR-30 BBQ. And Chris, no silver 1st gens are allowed on the grill.
Old 05-22-2007, 09:31 PM

Yee-haw ... that's the day before I hit the big Four-Oh !! Heck of a deal.

Thanks for posting the flyer Mike.

It's been a while since I was at that place ... is there a spot in the parking lot for us to meet up ?

PISTOL
Old 05-23-2007, 07:16 AM

Not a marked off spot. But If enough of us get there early I'm sure we can park somewhat together.

Quick Reply: MODTR-30 Chapter thread