MODTR #30 Forum for the Missouri chapter #30

Anybody around KC?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 07:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anybody around KC?

I'll be coming home on leave in mid April and didnt know If there would be anything going on around home (Plesant Hill) like some pulls or will KCIR be open yet?
Old 02-10-2008, 08:39 PM

I live in blue springs just north of plesant hill. I don't know about any pulls but I'm part of a local dirt latemodel race team and our season should be in full swing by then.
Old 02-10-2008, 08:41 PM

where do you race at? the guy I used to work for raced down in Adrian but isnt there a track in Grain valey?
Old 02-17-2008, 08:55 AM

We have 2 points championships at valley speedway in grain valley and 2 championships at central missouri speedway in warnsburg. We are apart of a new racing organization we started last year http://www.ulmaracing.com/ . Valley didn't sanction our rules for 08 so we probaly will not run a full season there. LA speedway in lamont picked up the our sanctioning for 08 so we will be raceing there some as well. I think we are going to try and make a few down at lucas oil speedway down in weatland this spring. If anyone wants to tagalong to any of the races this season just geve me a shout.
Old 02-17-2008, 02:40 PM

Wow I might have to check that out.
Old 02-17-2008, 11:43 PM

Originally Posted by 2141pete
I'll be coming home on leave in mid April and didnt know If there would be anything going on around home (Plesant Hill) like some pulls or will KCIR be open yet?
Sorry I can't be of any use with knowing what's happening up north .... but I would like to thank you for your service to the country. Hope to meet up with you someday.

Are you in NC or CA right now ??

Cheers,
PISTOL
Old 02-18-2008, 12:05 AM

Hey thanks bud. I am stationed in NC but I'm temporarily in Cali. I'm out here for 3 months going to an andvanced maintenance course. I grew up in Mo till I left for boot camp but I dont make it home alot. Where exactly is Mtn Grove? is it far south? It sounds familiar. We used to have a little bit of land in cassville but I dont know if that's too close.
Old 02-18-2008, 01:36 AM

Cassville is about an hr SW of me in springfield. Mtn Grove is about and hr east of my on 60 from me in Springfield. If you know where springfield is, that should give you and idea.
Old 02-18-2008, 01:40 AM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sgt, i went to high school near St Louis and am now about an hour west of teh KC metro area........
not into the truck pulls and such, so I couldnt tell you what will be going on...
I think you might ask Satburn or FlooritDiesel and they could tell you..

and thanks for serving...............
Old 02-18-2008, 01:50 AM

Originally Posted by Ground Shaker
Cassville is about an hr SW of me in springfield. Mtn Grove is about and hr east of my on 60 from me in Springfield. If you know where springfield is, that should give you and idea.
I used to come to springfield a little for wrestling. And I had a few friends that went to college down that way.
Old 02-18-2008, 01:52 AM

Originally Posted by Chrisreyn
Sgt, i went to high school near St Louis and am now about an hour west of teh KC metro area........
not into the truck pulls and such, so I couldnt tell you what will be going on...
I think you might ask Satburn or FlooritDiesel and they could tell you..

and thanks for serving...............
Hey buddy thanks. What all diesel perofmanc eshops are in the area? I think midwest performance used to be in oakgrove but I think they moved out to Kansas didnt they?
Old 02-18-2008, 02:34 AM

I used to come to springfield a little for wrestling. And I had a few friends that went to college down that way.
Not a problem. I just moved down here not to long ago. Last august to be exact. Know where things are, its just getting to them that I'm still learning.
Old 02-18-2008, 02:39 AM

HAHA yeah no kidding. I wonder if the drag strip up on noland and 50 will be open. Or did they finally get their way and close it down?
Old 02-18-2008, 06:09 AM
DTR's Night Watchman & Poet Laureate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey buddy thanks. What all diesel perofmanc eshops are in the area? I think midwest performance used to be in oakgrove but I think they moved out to Kansas didnt they?
well, the BEST one is over her one the KS side about 50 miles from KC, Floor-It-Diesel in Lawrence...Astevenson might be able to tell what's in KC itself....
Old 02-27-2008, 07:46 PM

KCIR opens this sunday. http://www.kcir.net/~kcir/content/

As far as I know midwest diesel performance is still in oak graove. And floor it diesel is in larence KS. Those are the only 2 around here that I know of.

I think in june they are hosting pinks all out at gateway in st.louis.

Quick Reply: Anybody around KC?